PDA

View Full Version : Spiral mountain in Halo CE?

RareBK
30th July 2006, 03:26 PM
Wow, look at this.

Spiral mountain (http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=55520&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40)

Can't wait till it's finished.

Platinum Jinjo
30th July 2006, 03:55 PM
Thats pretty cool , Will it every get finished? That would be fun to play.

Avarice
7th August 2006, 07:54 PM
That looks pretty awesome. It would be cool to place some Banjo bipeds in there when it is released.

vaticandrummer
7th August 2006, 08:15 PM
Eh, Halo for the PC? That'd only be available to what, like 30 people who own the game?

I could make something like that easily in a better game like Quake 3, or Jedi Academy.

Besides, that guy needs to really learn how to texture. I mean, atleast throw in some temp. textures that show more detail, because right now, everything looks like a giant light brown mess to me.

Gold Jinjo
7th August 2006, 08:35 PM
Eh, Halo for the PC? That'd only be available to what, like 30 people who own the game?

*raises hand*

I don't care much for the PC version, though. Gearbox could have done a lot better. They obviously didn't tighten up the controls when they ported it... using the mouse to look still feels a lot like tilting the thumbstick. Just feels out of control in an environment where the best precision is needed :-/

I could make something like that easily in a better game like Quake 3, or Jedi Academy.

I'd like to see a Half-Life 2 version, actually. It would compliment GoldenEye Source and Perfect Dark Source :)

Besides, that guy needs to really learn how to texture. I mean, atleast throw in some temp. textures that show more detail, because right now, everything looks like a giant light brown mess to me.

He's probably just getting his geometry done first. In which case, it would have been better to wait until it was done and mildly textured before showing people. You never show unfinished stuff... bites you in the ass if you don't complete it ;)

Hakey Wake
7th August 2006, 09:12 PM

I have almost completed the model... and as you can see it is ingame... no textures yet we are still workin on that :p

......:p

vaticandrummer
7th August 2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah but Halo PC has plenty of other textures he could have temporarily used to help show different parts of the map. Hell, I usually gather the textures I have in mind when making a map and texture as I go, to help show the detail of the map.

I mean, the pics do look good, it's just that it looks like a mess right now.

Avarice
8th August 2006, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=vaticandrummer]Eh, Halo for the PC? That'd only be available to what, like 30 people who own the game?QUOTE]
Halo PC has over 2000 people who play the game.

Spiral Mountain however, is being made for the Custom Edition version, which does have less players.

BKSonic1234
8th August 2006, 04:46 AM
Eh, Halo for the PC? That'd only be available to what, like 30 people who own the game?*Also raises hand* Although I don't play it as much as I used too. It has quite a few players. And the Spiral Mountain thing looks sweet. I wanna play it. :D

mikesgm6
8th August 2006, 07:31 AM

Actually I dont even own quiake for pc just Dreamcast, I find halo a great pc game and imma get halo for pc just to get this mod ^_^
(currently have halo 2 xbox):rolleyes: