The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Kazooie or Tooie? (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48457)

qwertykins76 29th April 2012 12:06 AM

Kazooie or Tooie?

Which game do you like better and why? Or, any other B-K game.

Yellow Kazooie 29th April 2012 12:59 AM

WOOOW great idea for a thread. Definately there has never been another thread like this in this forum

GameMasterGuy 29th April 2012 01:01 AM

BK, but DK64 is better than both. BK had everything closely knit, BT was extremely large, DK64 was both.

Jackjack71 29th April 2012 01:33 AM

I prefer Banjo-Tooie, because it has everything that Banjo-Kazooie has, plus more. Mini-games, bosses, more moves, bigger worlds, the right amount of back-tracking. This is why Banjo-Tooie is my favorite game of all time.

GameMasterGuy 29th April 2012 02:34 AM

All that is true, but it's pretty spaced out compared to BK, which was a clusterf*** in a good way.

Mandolin 29th April 2012 05:19 AM

Tooie. It's meatier and more exciting.

Brian 29th April 2012 05:59 AM

Tooie. It actually feels like an accomplishment to get a single jiggy, much less beat it.

Walecs 29th April 2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowKazooie (Post 1082062)
WOOOW great idea for a thread. Definately there has never been another thread like this in this forum

This.

Breegullbeak 29th April 2012 08:16 PM

Banjo Kazooie set the ground work, and Banjo Tooie tried to be bigger, and while it was, the content was spread to far apart and the back tracking became not only painful, but it was usually only to get one thing. Donkey Kong 64 fixed that with different character specific pick ups. It made the back tracking less empty and you actually felt like you were accomplishing something.

I prefer me some Nuts & Bolts to Tooie any day though.

DineOnFantasy 30th April 2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breegullbeak (Post 1082206)
Banjo Kazooie set the ground work, and Banjo Tooie tried to be bigger, and while it was, the content was spread to far apart and the back tracking became not only painful, but it was usually only to get one thing. Donkey Kong 64 fixed that with different character specific pick ups. It made the back tracking less empty and you actually felt like you were accomplishing something.

I pretty much agree with this. For me, Banjo-Kazooie was the first in the franchise I even played, so nostalgia is another huge factor when I think of the more superior game. I didn't play Banjo-Tooie until it was released on XBLA, but when I did, I also bought B-K and replayed it without nostalgia goggles. I have to say that the worlds, music, and plot are memorable for B-K, whilst in B-T I barely remember some of the major levels. I also felt that the hub world (Grunty's Lair) in B-K was easier to navigate, and fun to explore, especially on your first playthrough.

I have some other minor gripes on B-T as well such as how Banjo's voice sounds different (and quite annoyingly so) when he jumps or rolls or whatever. I also thought the honeycombs lacked the cool realistic physics when dropped. Instead, they look all cartoonish and bouncy. Overall, I did quite enjoy both games.

I wouldn't say I'd prefer Nuts and Bolts over Tooie. Don't get me wrong, I love Nuts and Bolts, but there just isn't enough variety in it for me to say it is better.

As for DK64, I'd play it over Tooie any day. :dk

Ty-chan 30th April 2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameMasterGuy (Post 1082063)
BK, but DK64 is better than both. BK had everything closely knit, BT was extremely large, DK64 was both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DineOnFantasy (Post 1082449)
I pretty much agree with this. For me, Banjo-Kazooie was the first in the franchise I even played, so nostalgia is another huge factor when I think of the more superior game. I didn't play Banjo-Tooie until it was released on XBLA, but when I did, I also bought B-K and replayed it without nostalgia goggles. I have to say that the worlds, music, and plot are memorable for B-K, whilst in B-T I barely remember some of the major levels. I also felt that the hub world (Grunty's Lair) in B-K was easier to navigate, and fun to explore, especially on your first playthrough.

I have some other minor gripes on B-T as well such as how Banjo's voice sounds different (and quite annoyingly so) when he jumps or rolls or whatever. I also thought the honeycombs lacked the cool realistic physics when dropped. Instead, they look all cartoonish and bouncy. Overall, I did quite enjoy both games.

I wouldn't say I'd prefer Nuts and Bolts over Tooie. Don't get me wrong, I love Nuts and Bolts, but there just isn't enough variety in it for me to say it is better.

As for DK64, I'd play it over Tooie any day. :dk

No... we are not here to discuss DK64, which isn't better than BK, or BT...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breegullbeak (Post 1082206)

ARE YOU BRAIN DEAD!? GOOD GAWD!

So yeah, IMO Tooie is and most likely always will be the best game of all time.

Tooie 30th April 2012 10:17 PM

Yeah, after twelve years I'm pretty sure this thread has been done to death.

That said, I'll play along. If my username isn't any indication, then my vote goes to Tooie. Nostalgia is playing a part here, as it was the first I played of the two. But I still find it highly entertaining, even more than its predecessor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameMasterGuy (Post 1082063)

My opinion is somewhat similar.

B-K was a bit too small in my opinion. DK64 was extremely large. And B-T is the happy medium.

And GoldenJiggies. Relax bro. If someone enjoyed N&B or DK64 over B-K/B-T, let them. They most certainly aren't brain dead.

GameMasterGuy 30th April 2012 10:24 PM

Additionally, DK64 is the real BK3. N&B is more of a really good spin-off, whereas DK64 more resembles BK than DKC.

Ty-chan 1st May 2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameMasterGuy (Post 1082541)
Additionally, DK64 is the real BK3. N&B is more of a really good spin-off, whereas DK64 more resembles BK than DKC.

I actually kinda agree with this.

But N&B over Tooie?... ZOMG LEIK, RLY? JK. :p

Hagaroo 2nd May 2012 04:30 AM

I prefer Banjo-Kazooie. Like Tooie and DineOnFantasy, nostalgia plays a big part for me; I look back on BK more fondly than BT because I played BK first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DineOnFantasy (Post 1082449)
I have some other minor gripes on B-T as well such as how Banjo's voice sounds different (and quite annoyingly so) when he jumps or rolls or whatever. I also thought the honeycombs lacked the cool realistic physics when dropped. Instead, they look all cartoonish and bouncy.

^ So true ^

I think BK and BT are equally good overall (and for different reasons), but I enjoy BK more because all of the good aspects are more closely packed - it was solid throughout. BT was just so vast and complex, but it was cool that Rare decided to take some risks and change the style of the game.