The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   RWP Minecraft Server (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46244)

markdf 20th October 2011 06:10 AM

RWP Minecraft Server

I payed the subscription to a hosting company about an hour ago. Server cost is initially covered by Kelvin and myself.

These are some idea/thoughts we have at the moment..no promises all them will happen.
  • Server wont be online for at least a week, we are in the stage of planing the city layout, floor plan, not the actual buildings. (and I'll be offline for a few days).

Almost certainly it will be a complete restart, and the city layout is going to be different. No point in doing the same thing again.

GM2K wants the economy system back, so it will probably happen.

I'd like creepers to be deadly again, preferably just underground to reduce damage to buildings.

Everyone gets a small plot within the city limits, set up your own trading shop if you want to.

No building huge big cobblestone buildings around the city. EG the monster trap I built was not the best looking structure around, but I made certain it was far enough away that no one else had to look at it.

Admin's will have to mine for resources just like everyone else (no change there), although perhaps a public rail system could be constructed for the use of everyone using admin commands.

Perhaps an area set aside for PVP?

Donators to help contribute to the cost of the server will receive extra privileges, no idea what they might be. Perhaps warps...perhaps not

Same basic rules as before...no stealing, no griefing, and keep it clean & polite in chat.

Leave your suggestions, but no promises any of them will be implemented :D

Server Details
If you want to log onto the new server you can using the server address 50.115.41.2:25637

GM2K NOTE: As I am still setting things up and testing everything this world has a 99.99897% chance of being reset so don't go building anything you can't live without. If you have your name in your profile you should be on the whitelist.

The Colonel 20th October 2011 06:46 AM

Now we're going to have TWO servers? Sweet.

markdf 20th October 2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinjonator_Dude (Post 1025531)
Now we're going to have TWO servers? Sweet.

No, this replaces the the previous RWP server, unless you are counting the server on the old RWP IP.

DementedSun 20th October 2011 07:25 AM

Awesome, I was just about to get back into Minecraft with the recent updates. Will it be running on the latest update, I hope :X? I don't really want to downgrade.

I do miss my old house, and the buried treasure beneath it due to people stealing things... :'D.

Gaming Master2k 20th October 2011 08:33 AM

It will be running 1.8.1.

I'm just learning about installing plugins/configuring permissions etc. at the moment. Got some installed.

If you want to log onto the new server you can using the server address 206.217.143.66:25634

NOTE: As I am still setting things up and testing everything this world has a 99.99897% chance of being reset so don't go building anything you can't live without. If you have your name in your profile you should be on the whitelist.

markdf 20th October 2011 12:39 PM

:D New admin command, the Holy hand-grenade of Antioch!

For the US people who are not familiar with Monty Python, this clip explains the command.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

markdf 20th October 2011 01:18 PM

There is an NPC village close to spawn at 112, 122. Trash the place if you like, the server will be reset once we have the city design worked out and the seed we have chosen for the new world.

Sorry about the big hole at spawn, slight accident with the Holy hand grenade of Anitoch :o

NOTE: Village now called SpykeVille. (it has about a week to live)

Sad Lad 20th October 2011 01:18 PM

Is it the same map as the old one?

markdf 20th October 2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IbanezerIceFAIL (Post 1025568)
Is it the same map as the old one?

No, brand new world. Unless you hear differently from GM2k or myself, you can probably assume that parts of the old map wont be bought into the new world.

Madous 20th October 2011 02:53 PM

Would you guys like some help managing/enabling the mods? I'd love to help out as I did with the last one.

Also, any chance I could still be an OP? <3

The Colonel 20th October 2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markdf (Post 1025564)
:D New admin command, the Holy hand-grenade of Antioch!

When I get a legal copy of Minecraft and join this server I want you to make me an admin immediately and I will spam this everywhere.

Articerile 20th October 2011 06:30 PM

For the record, I had a secret vault under my old treehouse, if you managed to work your way through the mazes and traps, you would have found a chest with 27 diamonds in it.

Madous 20th October 2011 10:18 PM

So, the new economy is totally unbalanced. You can get 1 wood block and sell it for $2, but 1 wood block also turns into 4 planks. The 4 planks sell for $4 total. :p

Also, there's no way to buy things as far as I know.

Alice 20th October 2011 10:21 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm. :smug:

Gaming Master2k 20th October 2011 10:44 PM

I didn't actually know there was any economy anything installed :p