The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Favorite Characters in Games (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48313)

The Colonel 14th April 2012 08:05 AM

Favorite Characters in Games

Simple question. Who are your favorite characters in games? It doesn't have to be the hero or anything, just a character you like.

NOTE: AS OF APRIL 16TH, 2012, CHARACTERS LISTED CAN NOT BE FROM ANY RARE GAME.

For me, one of those characters is Henry White from Yesterday. At first glance, he's a kind, intelligent young man dedicated to helping the homeless, along with his good friend, Sam Cooper.

That is, until you find out more about him:
Spoiler: (highlight to view)
The fact that he never helped vagrants, instead he murdered them and burned their bodies, using the group he was a member of, the children of Don Quixote, as an excuse to make them trust him. The fact that he fooled Sam Cooper, a man with a very abusive childhood and no other friends, into thinking he was a friend so that he could use him to kill his rival, Ralph Martinson, and tried to kill Sam at the end knowing he had no use for him now that he was immortal. The way he felt pleasure, power, from causing pain to others, and how he would go to the length of chopping off his very own limbs to satisfy his desire to cause pain.
And the fact that he is perfectly able to make people think he's a charitable, nice guy makes him even more threatening, because it makes him seem like the last guy you would expect to
Spoiler: (highlight to view)
keep an immortal hostage in a torture chamber so that he could kill him again and again in different ways each time, and then stage a whole investigation to make his amnesiac hostage think he was hired by Henry to investigate murders (That Henry caused) simply so that he could remember the recipe for the potion that made him immortal.

ksimp23 15th April 2012 09:14 AM

One of my favourites is Ezio from the AC series. Interesting character to watch develop.

NeoGC 15th April 2012 09:26 AM

I personally love The entire cast of Persona 4 and 3, Ezio from AC, Solid (And Naked) Snake, Otacon, Sunny, Drebin 893, and more I can't think off the top of my head since i'm super tired. XD

Oh,and when given the chance in a game to make a custom character I do, and I suppose they count on this list too. :3

DementedSun 15th April 2012 04:20 PM

Sander Cohen from Bioshock, and all the TF2 classes come to my mind first, :p.

Smouvy 16th April 2012 08:55 AM

As primal as it might sound, I just favour the hot characters. :)

N64DD 16th April 2012 10:10 AM

Sonic The Hedgehog

Spudfish93 16th April 2012 11:57 AM

Artyom from Metro 2033 has gotta be up there somewhere. Also the lone wanderer, but that's mostly up to the player how he progresses.
Hmm, this is a tough one...

Ty-chan 16th April 2012 08:35 PM

All the characters of the Banjo-Kazooie series.

The Colonel 16th April 2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenJiggies (Post 1078962)
All the characters of the Banjo-Kazooie series.

BRB, adding a restriction.

Jackjack71 16th April 2012 08:45 PM

Garrus and Joker from the Mass Effect series. Boo-yah!

The Colonel 16th April 2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackjack71 (Post 1078976)
Garrus and Joker from the Mass Effect series. Boo-yah!

Garrus? **** yeah.

Sir Micheal III 16th April 2012 09:04 PM

Billy mother****in Hatcher!

Smouvy 16th April 2012 09:15 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this thread was more about what kind of characters you really like in games, not a thread about listing characters themselves.

The Colonel 16th April 2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smouvy (Post 1079018)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this thread was more about what kind of characters you really like in games, not a thread about listing characters themselves.

No, it's about saying what characters you like.

Ty-chan 16th April 2012 11:14 PM

Sonic the Hedgehog, Pokemon, and Pikmin.