The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   BETA Banjo-Tooie Map FOUND! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1642)

Coolboyman 27th May 2005 03:45 AM

BETA Banjo-Tooie Map FOUND!

Hey all, its been a while. Anyways, why I am here, on this day, is because I found a beta map in BT that only loads when you use this code with the emulator.

81127640 0184

Its a straight narrow path that looks like the inside of a pipe, but im sure its not the pipe in JRL or anywhere else!

http://img127.echo.cx/my.php?image=beta15jo.png

Very very strange, but cool!

SubDrag 27th May 2005 03:46 AM

It is an intriguing map. Somehow, we had that digit as FREEZE, which is interesting. Wonder if emulator lets it load, but console doesn't. Either that or BT was just being BT and we missed out.

The only thing I can think that would make it not beta is if it was part of some cut-scene. It can't be a level, because you fall right through the pipe, very strange, but intriguing...anybody recognize it?

Aloxas 27th May 2005 04:09 AM

Thats cool

R Hunter 27th May 2005 04:14 AM

It kinda resembles the JRL pipe but I don't think that's it. I'll have to boot up BT and take a look. Oh and it's great to hear form you again Coolboyman ;)

Aloxas 27th May 2005 04:20 AM

I tryed it out and i get an error

DevilBottles 27th May 2005 02:10 PM

It looks exactly like the pipe above the pigs pool in JRL, but with a different light, which is obviously not right, since it can never recieve a different lighting...

SubDrag 27th May 2005 02:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We're all leaning towards some sort of JRL thing, especially when you see the whole picture from the sideview. I can't remember it, and it's not a place you play because you fall to your death and there's no intro text. It could be part of a cut-scene, very hard to say, does anyone actually remember?

It's warp digits are similarly strange. In a very odd spot.
0182 - JRL - submarine multi
0183 - TL - chompa's belly multi
0184 - (this map - possible beta)
0185 - CCL - Trash can mini
0186 - Dodgems
0187 - GI - sewer entrance

R Hunter 27th May 2005 05:43 PM

From that angle it looks very much like the JRL pipe. And from my playthrough yesterday I'd have to say that's the only area in-game that even comes close to that beta map. However DevilBottles is right, the lighting is off.:confused:

Ratabulous 27th May 2005 06:04 PM

Maybe it was a testing area for pipelines?

Benjo Koolzooie 27th May 2005 09:44 PM

It looks like the inside of the JRL pipe does it not? Is that a hole in the roof of the pipe? If so remember the hole at the top is what you drop in through. The hole below is where you drop down from (in to the pig's pool) once you have made it cleaner. (Which is perhaps why you die once you down it? Due to the fact it usually warps you back in the the main area of JRL). Looks a different colour though.

EDIT: I have it on now. - Erm....the music that is playing and the wind. I can't say that plays in the game usually? Unless it is the opening section where the rock is blown to pieces and then it cuts to BK and so playing poker?

Jason 27th May 2005 10:09 PM

I actually think it's part of the real game. If my memory serves correct, you walk through the pipe when you go from Grunty's Industries to JRL. I'm pretty sure I've been in that pipe before, but with a more brown lighting effect (unless my game was glitching, or I'm insane)

Benjo Koolzooie 27th May 2005 10:10 PM

It is part of the actual game, like I was refering to above.

Benjo Koolzooie 27th May 2005 10:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look at my attached file. Once in JRL, go inside the pipe above the mutated pigs. Turn around, and look. Bascially the same as the beta looking area? Apart from the colours, and the beta one is greener and has running water. Also look at the gap in the roof of the pipe.

Coolboyman 28th May 2005 12:01 AM

I know most of you think its a JRL pipe thing, but theres something that doesnt add up. The map with the JRL pipe connecting to GI is not just a pipe, but the pipe leads ot a huge room where you turn off the sewage water. In the beta map, it is NOT there, its just the pipe. Even if it was based off the JRL pipe, its still very cool.

Also, the lighting and colors of the walls look very similar to the lighting and colors of gruntys lair in BT...

Also when you play in it, the Music from the first cutscene of the game plays. BUT I watched the entire cutscene and there was nothing thatlooked liked it. I watched a few other cutscenes and nothing as well, Ill check the rest out later.

DevilBottles 28th May 2005 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Hunter
From that angle it looks very much like the JRL pipe. And from my playthrough yesterday I'd have to say that's the only area in-game that even comes close to that beta map. However DevilBottles is right, the lighting is off.:confused:

cool, i get to be right for once! :)

but seriously, if there was any other pics, i could probably figure out where you are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyman
I know most of you think its a JRL pipe thing, but theres something that doesnt add up. The map with the JRL pipe connecting to GI is not just a pipe, but the pipe leads ot a huge room where you turn off the sewage water. In the beta map, it is NOT there, its just the pipe. Even if it was based off the JRL pipe, its still very cool.

Also, the lighting and colors of the walls look very similar to the lighting and colors of gruntys lair in BT...

Also when you play in it, the Music from the first cutscene of the game plays. BUT I watched the entire cutscene and there was nothing thatlooked liked it. I watched a few other cutscenes and nothing as well, Ill check the rest out later.

could you possibly giv me more pics? i could probably figure it out.

give me... as much info about this test area as possible, and more pics, and maybe i could figure it out...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubDrag
We're all leaning towards some sort of JRL thing, especially when you see the whole picture from the sideview. I can't remember it, and it's not a place you play because you fall to your death and there's no intro text. It could be part of a cut-scene, very hard to say, does anyone actually remember?

It's warp digits are similarly strange. In a very odd spot.
0182 - JRL - submarine multi
0183 - TL - chompa's belly multi
0184 - (this map - possible beta)
0185 - CCL - Trash can mini
0186 - Dodgems
0187 - GI - sewer entrance

dang... is that seriously all that there is to that map?

dang... thats hard to work with.... maybe.... can you go back into the darkness, or do you just fall there?