The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Xbox So Fez came out yesterday. (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48319)

Dr. Worm 15th April 2012 04:31 AM

So Fez came out yesterday.

I meant to make a thread about it yesterday, but I forgot. Yes, after over five years of development, this game has finally been released. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Fez is an indie platformer made by a guy named Phil Fish that has gameplay involving the shifting of perspective. The game looks and plays like a 2D platformer, but the environments are 3D, and at different points the 2D perspective will change to allow you to see and move on a different side of the 3D structure you're walking on. It's a bit weird to explain without actually seeing it, but the closest thing comparable to it would be Super Paper Mario.

Apparently the game is excellent according to the critics, so it looks like it's worth getting. Unfortunately, it's only available on Xbox Live Arcade right now, so I can't play it yet as I don't have an Xbox. However, the developer is looking to release it on different platforms. If it comes out on PC, I'll probably buy it. It looks really cool.

Here's a neat video showing the game in action. So, anyone else on here interested in this game?

Isaac Clarke 15th April 2012 04:51 AM

I was hoping someone would make a topic about it...I guess because I just didn't want to?

Anyway, I got it yesterday. So far, its visually and usually musically (but sometimes really creepy and annoying) entertaining and the whole 2.5d aspect has been interesting and fun to play with. The story isn't anything spectacular but most of the characters are humorous and likable, except for the dot that follows you. One thing I'm not sure I like is the fact that while the world is mainly linear, at the same time its not linear at all. The whole point is to find all the golden cubes but its so easy to just enter another area, via a door, thinking it will have a definitive end point and return to where you entered, but instead it just keeps going and there's a good chance you missed something like or cubes or other doors. Basically, its easy to get lost. Now from what I understand you can go back to these other places pretty easily or go to places that connect to them but I haven't experimented with the gateways yet so I'm not sure how that works. The retro feel of the game is pretty cool though and there's a nice little tie in to the story/world that really makes it as if you're playing an old self-aware atari or nes game.

It's definitely something unique to check out at the least.

Zy0n7 15th April 2012 05:05 AM

Looks really confusing.

Angry Ancestor 15th April 2012 05:10 AM

Hectic, but cool.

Zeek 15th April 2012 09:28 PM

It's 800 MS Points. Go buy it if you haven't already, as it's a fun game.

It's like kinda like ilomilo mashed with Super Paper Mario.