View Single Post
Old 15th May 2014, 11:33 PM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post
The fan made hacks are great, but a true sequel(even if Sunshine already was one) would be great.
Sunshine LOOKS like a Super Mario 64 sequel, but the scope is limited and the gameplay is radically different. To me, it feels like a new IP with a popular Nintendo brand shoehorned in (see also: Majora's Mask, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat). I actually wouldn't mind a Sunshine sequel if they fixed the major issues I had with the first one, such as the boring, monotonous levels and relentless padding. It might even be fun to go to those other islands around Delfino, like the ones shaped like a turtle and crab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Banjonator View Post
Honestly for me the only way I could be satisfied with a true 3D single player Mario platformer anymore is if it's Galaxy style of 64 style.

3D World was fun sure, but only if you played it with other people. I found playing it alone to be boring with the generic water,desert,poison,cloud worlds and stuff. I just think the level designs (and music) in Galaxy games or SM64 are infinitely better
Really? I thought 3D World had great level design (not as good as Galaxy, but still great) and music. I played most of it alone and I never had a problem. Then again, beating every single level with all five characters, by myself, is getting a little tiresome. Champion's Road is going to be murder as Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedSun View Post
Also, only Galaxy 3 if they allow the pro controller. None of this wii-mote shit that ruined the first two games, making platforming imprecise.
They'd almost certainly allow the Pro controller, but I don't mind using the Wiimote and nunchuck at all. To me, the Galaxy games control like a dream. Even the infamous "waggle" i.e. flicking your wrist to spin, felt natural.