RWP Minecraft Server
Go Back   The RWP Forums > General > Almost Anything Goes

Almost Anything Goes In here you can chat about anything from the queen's head to the taste of mild cheddar. Just use some decency.

View Poll Results: How Old is too Old For Trick-Or-Treating?
13 5 9.26%
16 11 20.37%
18 9 16.67%
21 1 1.85%
Other 0 0%
Never too Old for Trick-or-Treating 28 51.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27th October 2010, 11:46 PM
Pretty Big into the Gay Thing

Total Awards: 3
RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
yep. welcome to the UK, guys!!

Old 27th October 2010, 11:58 PM
Von Kriplespac

This is retarded. AMERICA, WHAT THE HAIL?
Digimon Adventure 01 was probably one of the best things I'd ever seen. I even saw it through to the end. Then 02 came and messed everything up. Why did they have to change everything? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Old 28th October 2010, 12:03 AM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKGeno4Ever View Post
This is retarded. AMERICA, WHAT THE HAIL?
>Look at post.
>Look at location.
>Laugh.

Old 28th October 2010, 02:25 AM
Grey Jinjo Grey Jinjo is offline 2 Highscores
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piņata TiP Mastery Viva Piņata Mastery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruntling View Post
That reminds me of the time my 6th grade teacher punished the whole class for something one person did. It was unfair and stupid.
Except you don't know that it was one person. What if it was twenty in that city every year? You bring up that no one would ban trick-or-treating if one person put razors in the kid's candy - true, but if ten separate people put razors in the kid's candy you can bet the number of trick or treaters the subsequent year would lessen significantly.

Again, I know nothing about this city. Maybe it is a Bronx ghetto-like area where it really is too dangerous of a practice. You can't go "Nothing bad ever happens in my happy home of Sunnyville!" and use that as a reason why another town shouldn't create laws. Every area has its own demands which is why we don't all strictly follow one identical national law.

Or the lawmakers there are crazy. Point is, none of us really know.

Old 28th October 2010, 09:52 AM
Most Helpful Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 9
Reminiscence Chatterbox RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Jinjo View Post
Except you don't know that it was one person. What if it was twenty in that city every year? You bring up that no one would ban trick-or-treating if one person put razors in the kid's candy - true, but if ten separate people put razors in the kid's candy you can bet the number of trick or treaters the subsequent year would lessen significantly.

Again, I know nothing about this city. Maybe it is a Bronx ghetto-like area where it really is too dangerous of a practice. You can't go "Nothing bad ever happens in my happy home of Sunnyville!" and use that as a reason why another town shouldn't create laws. Every area has its own demands which is why we don't all strictly follow one identical national law.

Or the lawmakers there are crazy. Point is, none of us really know.
I know different towns have different levels of crime. What might be seen as okay somewhere, might be considered deviant elsewhere. However, my point is people aren't obligated to open their doors on Halloween. Heck, something like a curfew might be more practical as a solution instead of punishing everyone for a small number of incidents.

Old 28th October 2010, 11:19 AM

SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piņata TiP Mastery Viva Piņata Mastery 
Quote:
I know different towns have different levels of crime. What might be seen as okay somewhere, might be considered deviant elsewhere. However, my point is people aren't obligated to open their doors on Halloween. Heck, something like a curfew might be more practical as a solution instead of punishing everyone for a small number of incidents.
There you go with "small number of incidents" again. I lived in a relatively peaceful borough. Nothing really ever happened. We didn't even have our own police force... when something bad would happen we borrowed someone else's.

However, the borough next to mine, Moxham, had a streak of 384 or something days in which there was a drive-by shooting. One drive by shooting PER DAY. I can't imagine what the Bronx, Detroit, etc. must be like. It isn't unfathomable to assume that there were 25+ break-ins on Halloween. That is serious business.

Again, they could just be inept. My entire point is just that we don't know unless someone looks up stats on this town.

Old 28th October 2010, 11:48 AM

Reminiscence Chatterbox RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
There you go with "small number of incidents" again. I lived in a relatively peaceful borough. Nothing really ever happened. We didn't even have our own police force... when something bad would happen we borrowed someone else's.

However, the borough next to mine, Moxham, had a streak of 384 or something days in which there was a drive-by shooting. One drive by shooting PER DAY. I can't imagine what the Bronx, Detroit, etc. must be like. It isn't unfathomable to assume that there were 25+ break-ins on Halloween. That is serious business.

Again, they could just be inept. My entire point is just that we don't know unless someone looks up stats on this town.
The bigger question would be then, if laws like these are so practical, why haven't they been enacted in places like the Bronx and Detroit? It is safe to assume crime rates in these locations are high (probably higher than Belleview), yet trick-or-treating hasn't been banned in any fashion in those places. I would argue this law is not necessarily effective.

Old 28th October 2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
The bigger question would be then, if laws like these are so practical, why haven't they been enacted in places like the Bronx and Detroit? It is safe to assume crime rates in these locations are high (probably higher than Belleview), yet trick-or-treating hasn't been banned in any fashion in those places. I would argue this law is not necessarily effective.
Translation: Every new law was bad, because if it was good, it would have been thought of before.

Also, I don't know if there is trick-or-treating at the Bronx. Do you, honestly?

Old 28th October 2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Translation: Every new law was bad, because if it was good, it would have been thought of before.

Also, I don't know if there is trick-or-treating at the Bronx. Do you, honestly?
What? I don't know how you got that translation out of what I said. Trick-or-treating bans aren't new. That doesn't change the fact that they're unfair and poorly thought out.

Also, yes I do know there is trick-or-treating in the Bronx. It's a 5-second Google search. One of the first results offers the best places to trick-or-treat in NYC boroughs.

Old 28th October 2010, 02:06 PM

I got it from the line where you explicitely ask "If these laws are good ideas, why haven't they been enacted before?" (paraphrase).

Old 28th October 2010, 04:34 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 3
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I live in the Bronx... There is trick or treating. There is hardly any trouble with it... And it's not THAT bad of a neighborhood either.

Old 28th October 2010, 10:59 PM
Baddest B*tch (Bitch is a bad word!!)

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award 
**** that noise, I go trick or treating and take my sisters kids along with me for good measure.
Adorable little scamps manage to reel in the dough and make out like bandits and I want to be all over that.

Old 28th October 2010, 11:46 PM
Von Kriplespac

In Greece they have Carnival(e). It is a super-huge party with masquerade masks and anonymous dirty dancing. Think of the party in Romeo and Juliet, except there's grinding instead of synchronized hand-bell dancing.
Digimon Adventure 01 was probably one of the best things I'd ever seen. I even saw it through to the end. Then 02 came and messed everything up. Why did they have to change everything? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Old 5th May 2011, 01:25 PM
Formerly I hate Cats

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
So how are they gonna enforce it? Check I.D? ****ing idiots.

Old 5th May 2011, 01:31 PM
Retired

Total Awards: 11
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Why cats why?

User Tag List