Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 18th April 2016, 05:09 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
yeah probably a big contributing factor to my not really caring for 2d mario much is because i already feel like rayman origins is pretty much the best 2d platformer ever made

Old 18th April 2016, 12:36 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I agree, Rayman has been much better than Mario in recent years. Even sticking within Nintendo I'd rather DKC.

Old 18th April 2016, 03:57 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

i haven't played tropical freeze but yeah donkey kong country returns is ridiculously good

Old 18th April 2016, 08:02 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 7
You're Appreciated! Imagination Game On Reminiscence Chatterbox 
Just give me a system whose library isn't made up of ports of games that were on other Nintendo systems before it.
You know, games with originality, story and gameplay wise. Not to mention third-party exclusives which the Wii U lacked painfully.
Otherwise the NX is a waste of mine and everyone else's time, money, and of course space.

Blep!!

Old 18th April 2016, 09:19 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjokun View Post
Just give me a system whose library isn't made up of ports of games that were on other Nintendo systems before it.
You know, games with originality, story and gameplay wise. Not to mention third-party exclusives which the Wii U lacked painfully.
Otherwise the NX is a waste of mine and everyone else's time, money, and of course space.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I40Kptn8X0k

Old 19th April 2016, 02:20 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
There hasn't been a true 3D Mario game since Sunshine. No matter how much "fun" Galaxy 1 & 2 were, they were the start of the path to make Mario linear again. Bar a few exceptions all the levels were a straight path. 3D Land and World just made the path even straighter. These level designs were the bonus stages in Sunshine and worked fine as just that, but as a full game they are boring and uninspired. At least Galaxy had some creativity, and I can say the NSMB games are fun despite there flaws, but 3D World was complete trash as far as I'm concerned, and if we ever get a follow up to it it will be to soon.

Old 19th April 2016, 03:15 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
I liked Super Mario 3D World.

Old 19th April 2016, 04:31 PM
Mr. Pants

3D Land / World was literally "What If We Gave Mario 3 a Z-Axis: The Game."

At least with Galaxy, even though it didnt have the freedom of 64 and Sunshine's level design, changed the game a lot while retaining a bunch of the staple 3D Mario mechanics. Plus THAT GAME WAS 'BOUT FUN AS HELL, BOY

Last edited by Starblazer; 19th April 2016 at 04:34 PM.

Old 19th April 2016, 04:35 PM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I also enjoyed Super Mario 3D World...

Old 20th April 2016, 02:46 PM
Rare Witch Hero

You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
I may be biased in that I went into 3D World already set on hating it. The only reason I even have the game is because it was the only Wii U they had at Gamestop at the time. After 100%ing both Galaxy games I was starting to see these games had nowhere near as much replay value as previous Mario games, and as a result i was turned off by the mere idea of the 3D Land/World games. They are what exist in place of a normal 3D Mario game like Sunshine or 64, so like Sticker Star and preemptively Color Splash, I hate them for existing in that place.

Old 20th April 2016, 04:26 PM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
More NX-related rumor.
Quote:
"The following comes from Emily Rogers...
- in a single year, the NX will build a larger library of games than Wii U produced in three or four years
- goal behind NX is to vastly increase the software output from Nintendo’s first party teams and studios
- entire process of how Nintendo develops and produces software has gone through radical changes
- new strategy that was put in place to create and release first party software at a faster rate
- multiple unannounced Wii U projects were moved over to NX
- NX could potentially see the highest output of first party software over its lifespan in the company’s history"

Old 20th April 2016, 06:11 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
God I hope so. The games on the Wii U are fantastic, so I look forward to more of them on a real, modern console.

Old 21st April 2016, 03:27 PM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
" in a single year, the NX will build a larger library of games than Wii U produced in three or four years "

That alone just makes me want to discredit the rumor. But even if it was true, I would expect many more games like Amiibo Festival and Ultra Smash than games like Splatoon. Please...no.

Old 21st April 2016, 03:37 PM
Mr. Pants

With all this NX speculation (seriously, we know nothing), E3 might just be more interesting for Nintendo than it was last year, I'll tell yee what. Won't be too hard anyway, I think I remember walking away from their E3 presentation last year underwhelmed.

Old 21st April 2016, 04:35 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
This year's E3 is particularly promising. Keep in mind I'm just some guy on the internet who isn't an authority on much of anything:

Last year, Sony opened with the return of last guardian, announced the long-demanded FFVII remake, and then surprised everyone with the unveiling of ****ing Shenmue III, a thing that was thought to never ever happen for years. The viewers melted right in their hands, with some people being drove to tears. They knocked it out of the park, and this year they're going to have to try and top that.

Meanwhile, Microsoft has been going in an interesting direction. A lot of their Xbox One exclusives have been moving to Windows 10, which is a sign that they're going in a different direction with their hold in the console market. Even if they end up not showing much of any real interesting games, it's going to be at least interesting to see where they're going with this, and what it means for their position in the console wars. Plus, as Sony's closest competitor, they're going to need to top Sony's conference last year.

And then Nintendo is doing something completely different. They are announcing a brand new console. One that we know frankly nothing about. With all the strange rumors floating around, the NX could go anywhere, and I'm real intrigued on finally seeing what it is.

Oh, and of course we can't forget the hololens and project Morpheus. I feel like these portions of the conferences have the potential to be gimmicky nonsense, but I want to see what's possible through these means of play. Besides, at the very least, gimmicky nonsense has always turned out to be hilarious to watch at E3.

As for third parties, Ubisoft and EA never fail to bring goofy conferences that try to be hip with the fellow kids, so I'm hoping that trend continues. Square did a pretty alright job last year. FFVII Remake, more KHIII, and ****ing Nier 2 by Platinum Games. I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking, but I'm alright with more of those three games as well as FFXV. And heck, maybe they'll surprise us with a new Chrono Trigger or TWEWY or something. I'm not gonna count on it though.

TLDR; We're gonna see some new, cool shit, and with the stakes so high, I'm expecting conferences to either hype me out of my mind, or to try hard and fail in a hilarious fashion.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 21st April 2016 at 04:41 PM.

User Tag List