Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 2nd November 2014, 07:54 PM
formerly DemonLabRat

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Haha, thanks Blake, love it! ^^

The whole process of this did last a bit longer than planned, but I enjoyed it. I'd always be game for another tournament personally so long as there's a break after this one, especially considering some people got the game after it started. I'll wait to hear from the others on this one though, because the Wii U version really isn't so far away and having another tournament before then may be off-putting.

Old 2nd November 2014, 10:24 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
If we do have another tourney, I'm up for having separate ones depending on geographical location/lag amounts. @_@. Too frustrating to try to do anything against classes with charge abilities, since the frame lag just lets them fully charge before you can even get close, along with shield dropping and just standing there like a dumbass cause your input didn't come out.

Super frustrating when none of your combos can come out because of latency. I was almost ready to just drop out because of that, .

Old 2nd November 2014, 10:29 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Also thanks to this competition for showing me how much I actually suck at the game (or how good you guys are, whichever one you like more)
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 2nd November 2014, 10:37 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedSun View Post
If we do have another tourney, I'm up for having separate ones depending on geographical location/lag amounts. @_@. Too frustrating to try to do anything against classes with charge abilities, since the frame lag just lets them fully charge before you can even get close, along with shield dropping and just standing there like a dumbass cause your input didn't come out.

Super frustrating when none of your combos can come out because of latency. I was almost ready to just drop out because of that, .
Lag exists with anyone everywhere around the world and is more about the individual person's internet connection than their geographical location.

I have the same amount of lag versus someone in my own country as opposed to someone in America. The timezones however...
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Last edited by Smouvy; 2nd November 2014 at 10:40 PM.

Old 2nd November 2014, 10:46 PM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I'll wait for a wii u tourney. I can get into those matches

Old 2nd November 2014, 11:26 PM
Formerly Chilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smouvy View Post
Lag exists with anyone everywhere around the world and is more about the individual person's internet connection than their geographical location.

I have the same amount of lag versus someone in my own country as opposed to someone in America. The timezones however...
The distance between countries adds more, even with the same type of connection. I haven't had any lag playing with anyone from the US, aside from Mason who I think has dialup (or very weird internet)? . Maybe one or two hiccups, but nothing that spans the entire match, making the inputs drop and come out extremely slow.

Try playing against someone in Japan compared to America, and you really notice it. Slow, spammy characters are benefited by it, while fast, combo heavy characters are left in the dust. I think waiting for the Wii-U tourney would be best, and just let everyone get their practice on for the next few weeks.

Old 2nd November 2014, 11:27 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Well, it sucks, but you can't discriminate people out of the competition by location. Now perhaps if we also had 20 something active european players it might be different
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 3rd November 2014, 01:17 AM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Either way, the lag problem should be someone mitigated by the fact that a lot of people will be using wired connections, that will make a huge difference. Still, I do wish Nintendo could maybe borrow something from Microsoft and have dedicated servers. For something like Smash, it could really be worth it.

Old 3rd November 2014, 01:30 AM
Formerly Chilli

I actually thought we have more active European people here than American, . Maybe that's how it used to be, anyways. I was thinking of getting the wired connection for the Wii-U, but everything I've played online has been silky smooth (it's like, only a few feet away from my router but still).

Old 3rd November 2014, 05:43 AM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva PiƱata TiP Mastery 
Let me know when the next one starts.

User Tag List