Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 25th June 2013, 02:35 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Try holding A.

Then realize that the two most expensive bugs require that you also move in small paces, you can't approach them.
The two beetles? You can creep on them with A as long as you stop your walking distance so many spots away so that they don't stop wiggling. If they stop wiggling, it's best to stop and wait for more wiggles.

Old 25th June 2013, 07:10 PM
Thread of the Year '10-'11

Total Awards: 22
You're Appreciated! Archery 2000 Trophy Puzzle Six Puzzle Five Mystery Four 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedSun View Post
The two beetles? You can creep on them with A as long as you stop your walking distance so many spots away so that they don't stop wiggling. If they stop wiggling, it's best to stop and wait for more wiggles.
The golden stag and the horned hercules. Basically take 3 steps and stop. take 3 steps and stop, etc. I do it in small bursts of 1 step while holding A.

Or rather, did.

Old 25th June 2013, 10:39 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
I just got a golden stag by simply approaching slowly. I dunno what stealth mission y'all are doing, but they just react like any other bug on a tree.
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 26th June 2013, 07:18 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
Always sell to Re-Tail, they buy stuff for...10% more, I think? 30% if you have Bell Boom activated. I'm just waiting for someone to have perfect apples for double at their retail so I can sell my bushels and make millions, ~_~. Assuming that has a chance of happening.
It's amusing because I have about 20-30 perfect apple trees, had a perfect cherry since day 1. :3

Old 26th June 2013, 03:53 PM
Formerly Chilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFox View Post
It's amusing because I have about 20-30 perfect apple trees, had a perfect cherry since day 1. :3
So you CAN grow other perfect trees in your town??? I have an orchard of perfect apple trees, and I save the apples till I visit a non-apple village . I sold a few stacks and made 241,000 haha.

Old 26th June 2013, 05:24 PM
Dingpot

Yeah, the beetle method is awesome! I do it after 7pm, the best time (or 11pm, but I'm usually asleep).

Cut down all the trees in the middle grassy area, and some of the bottom ones on the beach. Then, just walk in circles, and catch any beetle that's good. (Don't catch bugs like the Emperor Bfly, or Tiger beetle).

Every 1 trip I usually make 350,000 bells, and on a good day (with lots of Golden Stags and Hercules Stags) I make 400,000, WITHOUT the Bell Boom. I chose the beautiful one lol.

I now have 2,400,000 bells saved up. Right now, I have my house expanded as - 1st floor 100% expanded, 2nd floor 100% expanded. I'm getting rooms next. I did the math, and I need about 6,200,000 bells to fully complete my house.

Oh and cool thing, I got this game exactly a week ago!

Old 26th June 2013, 06:17 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
So you CAN grow other perfect trees in your town??? I have an orchard of perfect apple trees, and I save the apples till I visit a non-apple village . I sold a few stacks and made 241,000 haha.
no wait

i didn't mean apple i meant cherry

I don't know what I was thinking last night.

Cherry are my native fruit

Old 27th June 2013, 03:51 AM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...16609605_n.jpg

Old 27th June 2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo-Kaz64 View Post
Yeah, the beetle method is awesome! I do it after 7pm, the best time (or 11pm, but I'm usually asleep).

Cut down all the trees in the middle grassy area, and some of the bottom ones on the beach. Then, just walk in circles, and catch any beetle that's good. (Don't catch bugs like the Emperor Bfly, or Tiger beetle).

Every 1 trip I usually make 350,000 bells, and on a good day (with lots of Golden Stags and Hercules Stags) I make 400,000, WITHOUT the Bell Boom. I chose the beautiful one lol.

I now have 2,400,000 bells saved up. Right now, I have my house expanded as - 1st floor 100% expanded, 2nd floor 100% expanded. I'm getting rooms next. I did the math, and I need about 6,200,000 bells to fully complete my house.

Oh and cool thing, I got this game exactly a week ago!
If you crush all the flowers, the butterflies don't spawn.

btw, the tiger beatle is worth more (or the same) than 80% of the beatles on that island, so you've been wasting a lot of time. It sells for 9600 each lol.

Old 27th June 2013, 09:09 PM
I Wanna Be The Admin

INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
Out of curiosity, is there a way to re-plant the flowers/trees on the island if you destroy them all? Just in case there's a high-rarity bug later in the year I want to hunt for.

Old 27th June 2013, 09:24 PM
Formerly Chilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madous View Post
Out of curiosity, is there a way to re-plant the flowers/trees on the island if you destroy them all? Just in case there's a high-rarity bug later in the year I want to hunt for.
Just plant more? Take 'em from a mini-game.

Did you not know you can take everything from a minigame so long as it doesn't pertain to the actual game? (except the flower one, you can still take flowers from that one.)

Old 27th June 2013, 09:41 PM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks.
Quote:

btw, the tiger beatle is worth more (or the same) than 80% of the beatles on that island, so you've been wasting a lot of time. It sells for 9600 each lol.
http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Tiger_Beetle

Quote:
Selling Price
1,500 Bells

Last edited by Madous; 27th June 2013 at 11:54 PM.

Old 28th June 2013, 08:29 PM
Dingpot

Quote:

Yeah once I caught what I could with the flowers, I destroyed them.

And no? The Tiger Beetle is worth only 1500 bells... You're talking about this right? Or maybe you're confused with a different beetle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madous View Post
Yeah, I cut down all the trees and flowers to just catch the expensive bugs on the palm trees here's why:

The bugs that spawn on the island's NORMAL/fruit tree(s) are: Fruit Beetle, Miyama Stag, Horned Dynastid, Saw Stag, Rainbow Stag (I'm actually not sure where I caught that one, so I could be wrong) and the 2 rare ones - Scarab Beetle and Giant Beetle.

Once you've caught all of those, you can go ahead and cut down all the trees, because they're not worth like the ones on the palm trees (well the giant stag is, but it only appears sometimes, wherein the other expensive beetles appear frequently)

To see what I mean about bugs, just look at this - http://acwiki3ds.wikispaces.com/Bugs

Old 1st July 2013, 07:08 AM

I was selling tiger beatles for 8000 each back when I used to let them spawn.. and after the bell ordinance I was getting 9600 for the horned atlus and cylocmmatus so I assumed all 8k bugs became 9600. Why was i getting 8000 for them I wonder ;x

Old 1st July 2013, 08:24 AM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Unless I'm totally missing a joke somewhere, the Tiger Beetle doesn't sell for 8000. There's... No way you could've been selling for that price.

User Tag List