Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 23rd November 2014, 04:28 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post
Beat Halo 2 Anniversary last night. I can gladly say that even though it was my first time playing it, the game holds up incredibly well 10 years later. Easily one of the all time best even with it's sudden end.
I played Halo 2 (the original) after 3 and ODST, and I hated it. I loved the first one, but there wasn't a single memorable level in Halo 2, and I was really disappointed. I know everyone loved it for the multiplayer, but I never had the chance to experience that before the online was shut down.

Old 23rd November 2014, 04:36 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
I'd replay Halo 1, 2 and 3 again for the co-op alone.

Old 23rd November 2014, 05:39 PM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Smash Bros. for Wii U. Wow. Wow. Wow. I've barely scratched the surface. Was just on the toilet doodling around in the stage editor on the gamepad.

Old 23rd November 2014, 06:34 PM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Please post picture of your penis stage

Got to level 28 in destiny. Guess the only way to get to 30 will be to do the raid. ~Sighhhhhhh~

Old 23rd November 2014, 08:35 PM
Forever Mental

You're Appreciated! 
i just bought wonderful 101 since my cousin's getting a wii u in like 3 days

swag?

Old 23rd November 2014, 09:23 PM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I totally forgot I was going to do a cock-based stage. Thanks for reminding me Banjonator

Old 23rd November 2014, 11:53 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedSun View Post
I played Halo 2 (the original) after 3 and ODST, and I hated it. I loved the first one, but there wasn't a single memorable level in Halo 2, and I was really disappointed. I know everyone loved it for the multiplayer, but I never had the chance to experience that before the online was shut down.
I played them 3, ODST, Reach, 1, 2. I played Halo 2 Anniversary and it was great. The gameplay and story were a huge step up from Halo CE. I haven't touched the multiplayer for CE or 2, but I plan to.

I'm going through Halo 3 again and it's strange finally having a grasp on what the story is about after 7 years.

Old 24th November 2014, 01:55 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

I'm itching to try and give Ys Origin another chance, I really dug that shit up until the fight with Gelaldy. I've also decided to pick up The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky at some point because I hear it is super good, and the sequel is being translated by the same guys as Recettear, who are also members of SomethingAwful, which means I must support them as per the laws of the goon hive mind.

Speaking of which, still angry that Zwei 2's translation is stuck in fan translation development hell and is probably never going to be released, Xseed better get on it and officially translate that shit. I'm also grumpy and will forever remain grumpy until Gurumin is finally released on Steam because that game is sweet. Basically I live for anime I have no life help me

Old 24th November 2014, 04:26 AM
Satan

You're Appreciated! 
Going for a 100% run on Ocarina of Time: Master Quest, and it's a game I haven't fully recognized. I mean, I always thought it was good, and played a ton of it, but I always disregarded it in my "top games" lists; OoT has a lot of guts to it, and playing the Master Quest versions of the dungeons as well as trying to find everything, do all activities, and get all items is a great experience for any adventure gamer.

Idk if even after going back to it for such a thorough playthrough (Last playthrough was a barebones, 3 hearts, 1 bottle, no fairies, only saves in hyrule field, no spells save necessary ones challenge playthroughs. No real adventure, just dungeon after dungeon) I like it as much as Majora's Mask, but I definitely wasn't giving the game its dues; it's golden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post
I'm going through Halo 3 again and it's strange finally having a grasp on what the story is about after 7 years.
^^Bungie would have wanted it that way

Old 24th November 2014, 06:07 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Decided to give Live A Live a look, just finished the Sci-Fi scenario. It's pretty damn good.

Old 28th November 2014, 11:06 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

I'd love to get back into Skies of Arcadia but I can't help but find the ship battle after the fire dungeon to be just horribly tedious and frustrating enough to put me off of it.

Old 29th November 2014, 01:39 AM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I picked up Super Amazing Wagon Adventures. Imagine Oregon Trail meets Parodius.

Old 29th November 2014, 02:04 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Started anew on Monster Rancher 2. Began with a Datonare named Stumpy from one of my gf's Fall Out Boy CDs. He's just turned 2 years and is in C rank, so not too shabby. Got him lightning and bolt so he actually has some decent attacks now. It's tough starting with no money.

Also up to Lavaridge town in Pokemon Omega Ruby, working on EV training my Crobat and Swellow.

Old 29th November 2014, 02:48 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Finished Halo 3 and after taking a break to play some Smash Bros. Wii U and Super Mario 3D World I've moved onto Halo 4.

Halo 3 was still a little confusing, and Halo 4 is also pretty confusing. That being said I'm only halfway through 4 so it might get better, but so far it feels like it refuses to let go of the original trilogy.

Smash is okay. I feel like I tired myself out on the franchise with Brawl and now I'm just really jaded by the whole thing. It's a solid game, but it doesn't do a whole lot to keep things fresh. It's just more characters and stages and the 8 man battling.

3D World is the same way. It just feels tired from level start to finish. It feels like just a bunch of random platforms thrown around all over the place. Nothing is memorable about the game and the only reason I own it was because it came in the bundle with the Wii U.

Old 29th November 2014, 03:24 AM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Halo 4 doesn't get any less confusing, I can tell you that

User Tag List