Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Closed Thread

Old 23rd April 2012, 10:08 AM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

Total Awards: 1
RWP Donator 
Ah, so it's a mass boycott.

Tbh I miss it too.

Old 23rd April 2012, 10:30 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
I not only don't have time due to school work, but I'm waiting for the Xbox release in a few weeks.

Old 23rd April 2012, 11:31 PM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
I never understood MCMMO or anything, so I don't really care.

I've just been busy with a surprising amount of work/school/other games.

Old 25th April 2012, 01:30 AM
Retired Quake Legend

RWP Donator 
Server News

Apu's Kwik-E-Mart now open and selling the most useful potions, such as instant Healing swiftness & Fire resistance. All these potions are probably the best three to have while exploring the nether.

/skyblock join

then

/skyblock start

You get transported to your own personal floating island that only you have build access on. What you do is up to you, however everyone else island (once other people join) will be in sight and you could build a bridge to link to everyone else's island.

Sounds easy doesnt it?

Problem is you have the items in a chest you find on your island and whatever you can dig from your island. Watch out for monsters at night, you can't run very far.

TO return to the normal world, you must first return to the tower you spawned on, then step on the teleport block. Any items you were carrying when you entered SkyBlock world will be returned to you.

UPDATE: Seems to be a permissions problem, waiting for an answer from the developer, as it only worls for OPS at the moment.

Last edited by markdf; 27th April 2012 at 01:56 AM.

Old 25th April 2012, 06:28 AM
Retired Quake Legend

RWP Donator 
Buildcraft

Anyone tried buildcraft yet? It looks interesting if you like inventing stuff and playing with engines & pipes?

Not a simple upgrade to the server though. Anyone think its worthwhile?

Old 25th April 2012, 01:02 PM
Most Helpful Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 8
INFECTED - B2K1 Game On RWP Donator Viva Piñata TiP Mastery Viva Piñata Mastery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdf View Post
Anyone tried buildcraft yet? It looks interesting if you like inventing stuff and playing with engines & pipes?

The complete tekkit pack, is really complex. Best wait until after the MineCraft SP SMP merger update before hosting a server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk58R6g7PGA
http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

This mod has oil wells, rubber trees and all sorts of fun additions. It is all about turning beautiful MineCraftia into a industry of smoke and chemicals.

Old 25th April 2012, 08:39 PM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
Quote:

From what I've tried, it is pretty fun to mess around with. I'd definitely be for having that on the server, would give extra things to do to pass time.

Old 26th April 2012, 06:37 PM

The tekkit thing, would be a new map and everything. We would either need to fund a 2nd server or completely redo the current one.

btw, I am really missing MCMMO and Minecraft. What are the things that made you remove it, Mark? Perhaps I can assist in helping you run it how you want.

Old 26th April 2012, 09:44 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolJosh3k View Post
The tekkit thing, would be a new map and everything. We would either need to fund a 2nd server or completely redo the current one.
That is true, the mod does add new resources that will be non existent in areas that already exist. If we plan on a server restart with buildings being moved, then I'd at least say wait for the items in chests to get moved as well.

Old 26th April 2012, 10:48 PM
Retired Quake Legend

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post
That is true, the mod does add new resources that will be non existent in areas that already exist. If we plan on a server restart with buildings being moved, then I'd at least say wait for the items in chests to get moved as well.
Its not a simple upgrade, so its not likely to happen for a long time. Would be best to wait for a major update of minecraft that would force a restart for new features, and that is not likely to happen for a very long time.

Old 26th April 2012, 11:58 PM
Retired Quake Legend

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolJosh3k View Post

btw, I am really missing MCMMO and Minecraft. What are the things that made you remove it, Mark? Perhaps I can assist in helping you run it how you want.
The abuse of the stats through bugs.

I have installed it again, reset the stats and and removed access to some commands. Any abuse of stats I'll either remove it or people, and I'd prefer to leave it installed.

Drops have been reinstated with default settings, except no diamonds, diamond items or disks will drop.

Build rights in the skyblock world is not working for non-ops...no idea why just yet.

Last edited by markdf; 27th April 2012 at 01:26 AM.

Old 27th April 2012, 01:35 AM
Retired Quake Legend

RWP Donator 
Another Server update

Just installed TOMBSTONE, for all player groups.

When you die all your stuff is put into a chest or double chest, if you are carrying at least one chest at the time.

Your chest will be protected for 1 hour with LWC, then your chest can be accessed and raided by anyone. (A tombstone chest is fair game if you find one un-protected, unlike chests inside someones house).

/tomblist - List all your tombstones

I haven't tried this plugin yet, let me me if works.

Old 27th April 2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
The abuse of the stats through bugs.

Drops have been reinstated with default settings, except no diamonds, diamond items or disks will drop.
Which bugs? Only one I know of, (that is a priority fix) is via pistons. The fishing bug was fixed ages ago and the Jungle Tree bug was recently patched.

Also, are you using the dev version, or the stable version?

Quote:
Just installed TOMBSTONE, for all player groups.

When you die all your stuff is put into a chest or double chest, if you are carrying at least one chest at the time.

Your chest will be protected for 1 hour with LWC, then your chest can be accessed and raided by anyone. (A tombstone chest is fair game if you find one un-protected, unlike chests inside someones house).

/tomblist - List all your tombstones

I haven't tried this plugin yet, let me me if works.
I really like the sound of this.

edit: forgot to mention http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...exp-chest-v17/

Last edited by CoolJosh3k; 27th April 2012 at 09:39 PM.

Old 27th April 2012, 11:54 PM
Retired Quake Legend

RWP Donator 
Being able to save XP would be great, I always lose mine before I get to do anything with it. But I'd rather not modify the server, as that will also make updating MC more work, and probably delay a lot of upgrades waiting for updates.

Old 29th April 2012, 05:23 AM
Retired Quake Legend

RWP Donator 
Server news

A few plugins updated over the last couple of days, the latest being mcmmo 1.3.06

Tombstone plugin works well, as long as you are carrying at least 1 chest with you. Although if you die in lava your chest may be destroyed by the lava...say goodbye to my shiny diamond armour.

UPDATE:
Only just realised a permissions problem, you now get exp. from farming Nether Wart.
Removed the auto kick when a player was AFK for a few minutes.
Had to stop the redstone circuit in the lighthouse, was causing a lot of lag around Sherbet's house.

My balloon over pirate bay is slowly getting built, almost had a disaster when I put the nether rack fire under the balloon.

Last edited by markdf; 29th April 2012 at 10:12 AM.

Closed Thread

User Tag List
, Aaron Anderson, Abuelo RPG, Alice, Angry Ancestor, BanjoMaster, BanjoPL, Benihana, BKGeno4Ever, BlueytheWalrus, Brian, Coey890, cpleshek, DarthConker, Deltonax, Eggbert, Erevan, hardband, Husky, Jiggy Giratina, Jigsaw Master, Lockdown728, Mega Man, pantherdude, Pies