Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 2nd April 2013, 10:53 PM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
Bumping this because it was in the latest DidYouKnowGaming, (Goldeneye video around 4 min 30 s in,) and it'll help guests find it if they are looking for it.

Old 3rd April 2013, 07:08 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
The truth is that...i thought that it was just April Fools and fake. But it isn't...its real! I can't believe that after 15 years something hidden was found in N64 game. Who knows if there are more hidden content in N64 Rare games...especially in Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo-Tooie?

Old 3rd April 2013, 08:34 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoPL View Post
The truth is that...i thought that it was just April Fools and fake. But it isn't...its real! I can't believe that after 15 years something hidden was found in N64 game.
... But this thread is from March 2012. Not only was it created days before April Fools, but it was created days away from April Fools last year. April Fools jokes tend to happen during April Fools.

Old 3rd April 2013, 08:41 AM
Missing Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frankel View Post
... But this thread is from March 2012. Not only was it created days before April Fools, but it was created days away from April Fools last year. April Fools jokes tend to happen during April Fools.
This thread started at 28th March 2012, 02:23 AM and news was posted at 31st March 2012. You should know that April Fools can start at RWP much earlier than 1st April...like CBM's Orange Egg!

Old 3rd April 2013, 01:42 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
Viva PiƱata TiP Mastery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frankel View Post
True, but most of the April Fools jokes I got this year were made in the first days of March... until, on April 1st, they revealed they were April Fools Joke.

Old 3rd April 2013, 04:10 PM
Glowbo

Wow, I am actually quite speechless about this... it really makes one wonder if there are even more Easter Eggs hidden in another N64 games as well...

One question that still bothers me, however: How on earth could a person possibly find out about this? Or was it a former Rare employee who gave it away?

Old 4th April 2013, 06:47 AM
Missing Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Wow, I am actually quite speechless about this... it really makes one wonder if there are even more Easter Eggs hidden in another N64 games as well...

One question that still bothers me, however: How on earth could a person possibly find out about this? Or was it a former Rare employee who gave it away?
This is a very good question...

Old 7th April 2013, 03:35 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
There are quite a bit of references to spectrum emulation and the games in the 21990 configuration file Rare has in GoldenEye, so that's what clued Zoinkity in to its existence. Most of us just thought it was removed. Steve Ellis posted something saying he didn't realize had left it in, but was happy had hehe so his work wasn't wasted, or something along those lines.

Last edited by SubDrag; 7th April 2013 at 03:57 PM.

User Tag List