Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 20th June 2016, 06:55 PM
Jinjo

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
swamp music in file screen, odds of happening

Hi RWP, today I wanted to play some BK after one year of not touching my n64. When I selected the file 3 to see the notes and jiggies, the music from bubblegloop swamp started to play, not the main level music, the yellow flibbits one. I have been playing BK since 1998 and it's the first time I have experienced this. Changing file and reselecting file 3 doesn't make the music go back to normal.

I want to know if anyone here knows the odds of this happening, I suppose it's low like 1/50. I have searched in past topics but I found nothing.

Last edited by ttnn123456789; 20th June 2016 at 07:25 PM.

Old 20th June 2016, 07:03 PM
Grunty's Reject

make a video of it

Old 20th June 2016, 07:44 PM
Jinjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
this is what I'm talking about, the video is straight from the TV so the audio quality is bad, but it's easy to recognize the song.

Old 20th June 2016, 08:01 PM
Darth Dubzicus

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! Imagination Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I didn't even know that was a thing!

Probably as rare as the All Ocarina glitch in MM

Old 20th June 2016, 09:41 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
that sounds like a really bizarre issue with your specific cartridge calling the wrong music for whatever reason

Old 20th June 2016, 10:30 PM
Jinjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
that sounds like a really bizarre issue with your specific cartridge calling the wrong music for whatever reason
I thought it was a random event, like the random animations when you select a file. Maybe it's only a especific issue with my cartrige, after i reseted the game everything went back to normal.

Last edited by ttnn123456789; 21st June 2016 at 01:20 AM.

Old 20th June 2016, 10:45 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
n64 cartridges are weird things so that's what i'd chalk it up to

Old 22nd June 2016, 03:44 AM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
...Part of me wants to call this out as a hoax, the other part of me swears I've encountered this glitch before when I was just a tiny baby mini qwert....

It just feel familiar, though I might be mistaken in thinking I've ever seen it at all.... You wouldn't happen to have been using cheat codes at the time, were you? Had you been inside BGS in your last playthrough?

Old 22nd June 2016, 09:33 PM
Jinjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyo76 View Post
...Part of me wants to call this out as a hoax, the other part of me swears I've encountered this glitch before when I was just a tiny baby mini qwert....

It just feel familiar, though I might be mistaken in thinking I've ever seen it at all.... You wouldn't happen to have been using cheat codes at the time, were you? Had you been inside BGS in your last playthrough?
I don't have a gameshark, so I didn't use any cheats. And I don't think I could go to the swamp, as you can see in the video I only had 3 jiggy. Probably like said before it's only a error in my cartridge similar to the infamous "All Ocarina" glitch in MM

Old 25th April 2017, 06:10 AM
Glowbo

I used to do that music glitch a lot. It happens when on the *attract* mode it shows the Yellow Frog creatures and you press start right away the music will get taken over to the 3rd file.

Same on the attract mode when it shows Clankers Cavern with Banjo using the wonderwing move after he falls in there. Then when you press start it will play the invincible music instead of the gameboy.

The poster that said something about grabbing the wrong music address is likely correct. I had fun exploiting that glitch. It seems it happens when you press start during attract mode any time an overlayed music is played on top of the normal music.

Like in the yellow frog scene the normal BK swamp music is played first then it's overlaid with the boss music so if you press start it sends a cross signal to the wrong address. I am not sure why the 3rd file though and not the 2nd or first file.
I assumed it was a common glitch so never said anything and forgot all about it alltogether after I moved on from BK. I still have BK cartridge and N64 including BT

Last edited by Kyle; 25th April 2017 at 06:13 AM.

Old 28th April 2017, 01:57 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Might had been an odd memory error. I remember a few years ago when I was replaying, I plugged in the cartage in and all my progress was wiped. I mean, everything. Including the SNS eggs. And I was livid, too, because I had two 100% saves already and was on click clock wood.

I reseated the pack and everything was restored.... was weird as heck. Only happened to me once

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 29th April 2017, 06:37 AM
Glowbo

Yeah, N64 cartridges aren't perfect, I remember a long time ago I fired up Diddy Kong Racing, only to find out everything was mysteriously unlocked and the game was suddenly 100% complete.
My Grandpa ended up fixing it by cleaning the gunk out of the cartridge with a Q-Tip.

Old 30th April 2017, 03:44 AM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
Is Banjo then playing Banjo-Kazooie on the Gameboy? How deep does the rabbit hole go?

User Tag List