Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 16th April 2012, 10:32 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Am I the only person who didn't care for the story in Black & White? Sure it was the only aspect that kept me going due to everything else lacking any effort, but I honestly don't care about what happens next. It'd probably be a different story if you continued as the trainer you were last game, but that isn't the case.

Old 16th April 2012, 11:25 PM
Formerly GoldenJiggies

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post
Am I the only person who didn't care for the story in Black & White? Sure it was the only aspect that kept me going due to everything else lacking any effort, but I honestly don't care about what happens next. It'd probably be a different story if you continued as the trainer you were last game, but that isn't the case.
Can't we just have the same feel as the originals?

Last edited by Ty-chan; 16th April 2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Cyaaake.

Old 16th April 2012, 11:41 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJiggies View Post
Can't we just have the same feel as the originals?
I don't mind a change in feel, but I want maintained quality, and this game felt like the effort was put into story and shitty looking 3D areas instead of into game-play, New Pokemon that don't suck(there were a few good ones, but overall they were the worst generation by far and the first I couldn't stand looking at most of), and features that make sense and function well.

Old 16th April 2012, 11:46 PM
"Owned"

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post
Yeah, everyone was like "hold the phone, back this shit up, the shit crayyyy!" And I was like word, and expected Alder to be leader of Team Plasma or for N to die or something. It was very...well, par.

Old 17th April 2012, 07:42 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Ancestor View Post
Yeah, everyone was like "hold the phone, back this shit up, the shit crayyyy!" And I was like word, and expected Alder to be leader of Team Plasma or for N to die or something. It was very...well, par.
The jabs at modern culture were kind of awesome. The fact that there was a famous cafe in a small town we never heard of, that we probably never heard of was hilarious.

Old 28th April 2012, 06:47 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
You know what really needs to be changed for BW2? GTS, it sucks. This is the way to make it suck less:
  • Let us search for Pokemon we haven't seen yet, or have seeing them in online battles count for the pokedex. It defeats the purpose of GTS when you can only get the Pokemon available on your own game with it.
  • Asking for a legendary or evolution below the levels they can be at should not be allowed. The game has checks to make sure you don't deposit a hacked Pokemon that has too low of a level, but for some reason you can still ask for one. The whole "Wanted, Zekrom level 9 or under" thing is what kills GTS.
  • Show all the search results, not just the first seven. Let us filter for trades we can complete as well.
  • GTS negotiations should let you make a list of Pokemon you're looking for so the other player can have an idea about what to offer. Negotiations does work well most of the time, but it could be better.

And while I'm at it, let's make the C-gear useful for something.
  • Full Wi-fi support on C-Gear. So everything you can do with local players you can do with friends currently online. The current features of the C-Gear are almost useless outside of Japan. In places like America, we prefer to do our gaming over the internet.
  • This of course includes all the voice, video, and text chat options you can normally only use in the Wi-fi club. This way you don't have to make all your arrangements outside of the game.
  • Let us monitor our Pokemon deposited on the GTS, so we can know when our trades are completed.

Too bad this will all never happen and we will continue to have a useless bottom screen and even more trade griefing.

Old 30th April 2012, 08:54 PM
Formerly GoldenJiggies

INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
And while I'm at it, let's make the C-gear useful for something.
  • Full Wi-fi support on C-Gear. So everything you can do with local players you can do with friends currently online. The current features of the C-Gear are almost useless outside of Japan. In places like America, we prefer to do our gaming over the internet.
  • This of course includes all the voice, video, and text chat options you can normally only use in the Wi-fi club. This way you don't have to make all your arrangements outside of the game.
  • Let us monitor our Pokemon deposited on the GTS, so we can know when our trades are completed.

Too bad this will all never happen and we will continue to have a useless bottom screen and even more trade griefing.
I liked the Pokewatch in DPPt, it was actually fun to mess around with and try to get all the apps.

Old 30th April 2012, 10:31 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B2K1 
But a pain in the arse to navigate. There needed to be a main menu on it to tap an app and launch it.

Old 1st May 2012, 12:04 AM
Formerly GoldenJiggies

INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMasterGuy View Post
But a pain in the arse to navigate. There needed to be a main menu on it to tap an app and launch it.
Yeah, it wasn't unusual for me to accidently skip the number I'm looking for like 2 or 3 times...

Old 4th May 2012, 09:47 PM
Hello Sadness

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...5ppno1_400.jpg

Not sure how legit this picture is, but Dragon and another type Eveelution picture has surfaced (people say the others ground type, but it looks more Flying type to me)

Old 4th May 2012, 10:45 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Yeah, they look pretty fake with their outlines n all. They do look cool though. But well, considering Serebii's main page hasn't made any mention of it yet, I douvt it's real.
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 4th May 2012, 10:45 PM
"Owned"

Fake for sure.

Old 5th May 2012, 12:20 AM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
I'd peg the one on the right as a Ghost type.

Old 5th May 2012, 01:25 AM
Formerly GoldenJiggies

INFECTED - B2K1 
There won't be any new Pokemon, B&W 1 & 2 will all be 100% compatible, with the exception of Kyurems new forms.

Old 5th May 2012, 01:35 AM
"Owned"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJiggies View Post
There won't be any new Pokemon, B&W 1 & 2 will all be 100% compatible, with the exception of Kyurems new forms.
They'll be compatible, they'll just revert back to regular Kyurem, like Giratina/Shaymin/Rotom

User Tag List