Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 12th October 2015, 01:51 PM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Is shovel knight even popular in Japan? I feel like Sakurai only puts in characters that have a japanese fanbase before thinking about if westerners would like it

Old 12th October 2015, 01:55 PM
Darth Dubzicus

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! Imagination Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Really hoping it's not the hero from Golden Sun either but I've complained about the Fire Emblem chars and now I really like playing as them
Whose cause and cure lie ever out of reach."

Old 12th October 2015, 03:40 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
I just want Marina Liteyears ;~;...

Old 13th October 2015, 12:47 AM
Mr. Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedSun View Post
I just want Marina Liteyears ;~;...
FINALLY

SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT

SOMEONE ELSE ****ING GETS IT

Old 13th October 2015, 12:49 AM
Darth Dubzicus

I'm unfamiliar with that one

Old 15th November 2015, 07:37 AM
Mr. Pants

Ever since the Cloud announcement, I've had this odd feeling in my gut, and now I've gotta say it: Banjo & Kazooie's chances of getting into Smash are higher than ever.

Cloud is, essentially (whatever way you wanna spin it) a Sony character. He was on a Playstation game, no history with Nintendo whatsoever, but he's still arguably the posterboy for Final Fantasy. Of course, we've got other reoccurring mainstay characters and themes such as the Mages and the Chocobos, but really, in terms of actual story characters, Cloud is pretty much THAT GUY.

Not only that, but remember the Phil Spencer statement from a little while back, basically giving his support to the idea of Banjo & Kazooie in Smash. He's the Xbox boss, and he's stated that they've worked out agreements with Nintendo in the past.

Finally, Banjo & Kazooie were thought of by Sakurai as potential candidates dating all the way back to Smash 64... and even though decades have passed since then, Sakurai has shown that he's not one to forget about previous ideas. Think about the Final Smash mechanic -- that was supposed to debut in Smash 64, and didn't appear until Brawl in 2008.

When I saw Cloud in that direct, I finally accepted the fact that -- YES -- anyone can get into Smash. If the two parties agree, and if Sakurai wants it, then the sky's the limit. Smash 4 is shaping up to be the greatest crossover game ever made (at least, in my opinion) and the way I see it, if CLOUD ****ING STRIFE was the appetizer... what the hell are they hiding for next month? Call me crazy, but I'm gonna make a wild guess and say we might be seeing Banjo step outta retirement one more time for Smash. He's a prominent character on the Ballot, after all, and with Cloud Strife coming through... I think it's very possible.

edit: If Banjo & Kazooie actually get in, then my childhood fantasy will finally be complete. Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Banjo & Kazooie WITH Pac-Man, Cloud, and Ryu. The fact that I just typed that sentence blows my mind to bits.

Also, I feel like they would do something else along with that, but other than Banjo I have no clue. My DLC predictions from before stay the same: Wolf, King K. Rool and Isaac.

Last edited by Starblazer; 15th November 2015 at 07:51 AM.

Old 15th November 2015, 07:48 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Now, I refuse to rest until Nintendo puts Ricardo Banderas in Smash. You heard me, Nintendo. You know what you have to do.

Gimme a Xenogears stage, that is just a bunch of giant flying text boxes containing piles of religious philosophical debate while Fei Fong Wong sits in a rocking chair in the corner.

Last edited by The Colonel; 15th November 2015 at 07:50 AM.

Old 15th November 2015, 07:56 AM
Darth Dubzicus

I don't like it but I know he'll grow on me

Old 15th November 2015, 01:48 PM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starblazer View Post
Ever since the Cloud announcement, I've had this odd feeling in my gut, and now I've gotta say it: Banjo & Kazooie's chances of getting into Smash are higher than ever.

Cloud is, essentially (whatever way you wanna spin it) a Sony character. He was on a Playstation game, no history with Nintendo whatsoever, but he's still arguably the posterboy for Final Fantasy. Of course, we've got other reoccurring mainstay characters and themes such as the Mages and the Chocobos, but really, in terms of actual story characters, Cloud is pretty much THAT GUY.

Not only that, but remember the Phil Spencer statement from a little while back, basically giving his support to the idea of Banjo & Kazooie in Smash. He's the Xbox boss, and he's stated that they've worked out agreements with Nintendo in the past.

Finally, Banjo & Kazooie were thought of by Sakurai as potential candidates dating all the way back to Smash 64... and even though decades have passed since then, Sakurai has shown that he's not one to forget about previous ideas. Think about the Final Smash mechanic -- that was supposed to debut in Smash 64, and didn't appear until Brawl in 2008.

When I saw Cloud in that direct, I finally accepted the fact that -- YES -- anyone can get into Smash. If the two parties agree, and if Sakurai wants it, then the sky's the limit. Smash 4 is shaping up to be the greatest crossover game ever made (at least, in my opinion) and the way I see it, if CLOUD ****ING STRIFE was the appetizer... what the hell are they hiding for next month? Call me crazy, but I'm gonna make a wild guess and say we might be seeing Banjo step outta retirement one more time for Smash. He's a prominent character on the Ballot, after all, and with Cloud Strife coming through... I think it's very possible.

edit: If Banjo & Kazooie actually get in, then my childhood fantasy will finally be complete. Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Banjo & Kazooie WITH Pac-Man, Cloud, and Ryu. The fact that I just typed that sentence blows my mind to bits.

Also, I feel like they would do something else along with that, but other than Banjo I have no clue. My DLC predictions from before stay the same: Wolf, King K. Rool and Isaac.
As much as I'd like to believe that BK has a shot, it really seems like they based Duck Hunt on what BK could have potential been in Smash. Duck Hunt doesn't seem like the kind of characters that would have been in Smash, but since they thought "hey what if we make the duck ride the dog like a BK type thing?" "Brilliant!" it worked out well. It's just hard to imagine them including the character they ripped off of to re-imagine Duck Hunt.

I would love to be wrong, I mean we have a bunch of clones and similar characters already, one more wouldn't hurt.

Old 15th November 2015, 04:42 PM
Formerly Chilli

Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Dunk Hunt doesn't really seem anything like Banjo Kazooie, aside from maybe the mid-air peck attack. All his special moves are long range and odd projectile based. Banjo could still easily be unique.

Old 15th November 2015, 09:23 PM
Mr. Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Trabajo View Post
King K. Rool in Smash Bros. is the worst meme since Ridley in Smash Bros.
Have you ever considered it's not a meme and I actually want King K. Rool in Smash? C'mon, he's pretty much the Bowser of the DK series. AND WE NEED MORE VILLAINS! At least he's not impossible to include like Ridley's dumb ass, THAT'S why Ridley's a meme

Old 23rd November 2015, 03:59 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
I think we need nothing but more anime sword fighters as DLC. Raiden (Metal Gear Rising Revengence), Bayonetta and Sora (Kingdom Hearts) for DLC. No need for anything else. Except maybe Linkle.

Last edited by Breegullbeak; 23rd November 2015 at 04:09 PM.

Old 26th November 2015, 12:36 PM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva PiƱata TiP Mastery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Trabajo View Post
Goodman (Barton Fink, The Flintstones)
Goodman (John)

Also, Cloud was my personal most wanted character for over 15 years, so I am pretty hype.

Old 29th November 2015, 09:14 AM
Mr. Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege View Post
Smash Bros DLC Dream Team:
Goomba (Mario)
Goofy (Goof Troop)
Gooey (Kirby)
Good-Feel (Developers of Wario Land: Shake It!)
no stop we can't unleash goofy upon this world

Old 9th December 2015, 05:39 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 

User Tag List