Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 23rd October 2014, 12:07 PM
Formerly Edward Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
i wonder if the popularity of that jontron video caused all this
What, the Conker one? I doubt it. He has a much more popular video trashing Nuts & Bolts from years ago and that didn't stop Rare from making another kinect game. The real reason why this is happening is that KSR has bombed and the kinect is dead.

Old 23rd October 2014, 04:00 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
RWP Podcast 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiffgurl View Post
please give me an entire spinoff of bt thats just based around the kickball mini game
Kinect Sports: Mayan Kickball Edition

Old 23rd October 2014, 07:15 PM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Rocks View Post
What, the Conker one? I doubt it. He has a much more popular video trashing Nuts & Bolts from years ago and that didn't stop Rare from making another kinect game. The real reason why this is happening is that KSR has bombed and the kinect is dead.
no not the conker one, yes the n&b one. it wouldn't surprise me if the fact that someone so internet-popular spoke so strongly about the demise of rare and its' franchises to an otherwise unbeknownst new generation of gamers had SOME sort of effect on the way rare seems to be unfolding now. but we'll see.

Old 23rd October 2014, 07:40 PM
Dingpot

Some reliable insider posted morse code that translated to BK E3 2015 do you think there's anything in it? They would HAVE to get Grant Kirkhope on board.

EDIT: just read through this thread to see it's already been discussed. I always fall for this every year and promise I won't next year . Banjo isn't dead yet to me I give them one more chance.

Last edited by Scrubber; 23rd October 2014 at 07:47 PM.

Old 23rd October 2014, 07:49 PM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
I really don't think an internet personality had any effect on what Rare's doing. With the lack of success of the latest Kinect Sports and Microsoft's seemingly new commitment to what gamers want, seems to me the only option they had left was to try and do something that is akin to their older days. Especially after the success of Killer Instinct's revival. They may be seeing potential value in Rare's old IP's again.

Old 23rd October 2014, 07:49 PM
Formerly Edward Rocks

It's pretty clear that the biggest reasons are exactly what The Banjonator just said, but the video might have been a factor, who knows. It was just one video though, I wish JonTron would fight the good fight more often.

Pewdiepie made a Conker playthrough and 1 year later we saw the character reappearing, even if it's just a skin.

Last edited by Salty Hippo; 23rd October 2014 at 07:57 PM.

Old 23rd October 2014, 08:47 PM
Jolly Rodger

Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Rocks View Post
Pewdiepie made a Conker playthrough and 1 year later we saw the character reappearing, even if it's just a skin.
It's just a coincidence which means nothing.

Old 28th October 2014, 02:10 PM
Glowbo

The tag line to the Principal Rendering Engineer they are hiring does not bode too well with me.
"Rare – part of the Microsoft family – are a BAFTA award winning studio with a focus on

making smash hit motion gaming titles.

The home of Kinect Sports Rivals and Viva Piñata – Rare studios are looking for a Principal

Software Engineer – with a rendering background – to join their successful team.
"

Last edited by jamesthewiidict; 28th October 2014 at 02:24 PM.

Old 28th October 2014, 10:27 PM
Formerly Edward Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesthewiidict View Post
The tag line to the Principal Rendering Engineer they are hiring does not bode too well with me.
"Rare – part of the Microsoft family – are a BAFTA award winning studio with a focus on

making smash hit motion gaming titles.

The home of Kinect Sports Rivals and Viva Piñata – Rare studios are looking for a Principal

Software Engineer – with a rendering background – to join their successful team.
"
That's part of the description of the company, and that's what Rare has been until a few months ago. It's the description they've used for years. Maybe that's still what they are, but it's also very possible that they just overlooked it.

Let's tweet at them about this to see if we get a response.

User Tag List