Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 29th July 2012, 10:00 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Gaming Keyboard Woes

For a while now I've known that I am going to need to replace my Windows 98 Internet Keyboard... and I really don't know where to start.
I mean, it took me a long time to make my decision on a new mouse to buy..

Does anyone here use a "gaming" keyboard, or at least, a good one with media keys on it?

Right now, I'm looking into this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823816001

Its a bit pricy, but it has everything I want. Which isn't anything amazing, but I MUST get a keyboard that
-Has media keys (play, pause, next, volume)
-Doesn't have any extra keys/macro keys on the left side. I'm picky with my desk arrangement.
-Optionally has a sleep button. I can live without this.

Does anyone have a gaming keyboard and some recommendations?

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 29th July 2012, 10:47 PM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
I picked this up on Amazon a couple weeks back for about $80. The LEDs can change to whatever color you like (all of them change separately) and you can record macros and change individual key functions and so on. It has tons of extra features when playing StarCraft on it, but it works just fine as a gaming keyboard even if you don't play SC.

Edit Forgot the title. It's a Razer Marauder.

Last edited by Madous; 29th July 2012 at 10:51 PM.

Old 29th July 2012, 11:15 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
10$ Microsoft keyboard from..2006-2007. It has media buttons which I actually tried out for the first time last night . Gaming keyboards are a scam (unlike mice, mice matter.) I suppose if you're going to be making macros and ******* it would be handy, but that's a ban-able offense in a few games I play myself, and I would rather have any key ready to be used whenever, and not in a succession.

The only thing I'd like about a 'gaming' board is being able to push more than 6-7 keys at once, I think 5 might be the limit on mine, but I've never once had an issue with that.

EDIT: Wait, that one lacks that satisfying clicking noise when you type. That would be a deal breaker right there for me, .

EDIT2: Also noticed mine has a sleep button. You'd be amazed how well built older keyboards are. I used my Microsoft 2004 or 2005 one until the buttons inside started to wear out, and I used it a lot. Even now it still works great, it just needed to be cleaned out inside .

Last edited by DementedSun; 29th July 2012 at 11:37 PM.

User Tag List