Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 22nd September 2014, 12:53 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Banjonator View Post
Controller latency? I've never experienced that with any wireless controller. At least not bad enough to notice. Only time I had a problem was when my tv settings created an input lag. But once I fiddled with them it was good
The Wii has insane latency, especially with the wii-mote :c. No setting on my t.v makes up for it. The best you could do would be to play on a dinky CRT T.V. It's literally my only qualm with the game, aside from it being completely linear.

Old 22nd September 2014, 02:02 AM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
How frustrating! One thing I hate the most is latency of any kind. Mostly because when I experience it, I usually wouldn't be able to fix it, or know how to at least

Old 22nd September 2014, 02:07 AM
Ph.D

INFECTED - B1K1 
great, glad i Have a chance to convince you!!!

how many stars are in an AVERAGe platformer, probably not as many as super galaxy

sometimes you just have to relaXXX, that's really what mjario is always about

so in other words, 10/10 expereicne

Old 22nd September 2014, 03:46 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablamooie View Post
great, glad i Have a chance to convince you!!!

how many stars are in an AVERAGe platformer, probably not as many as super galaxy

sometimes you just have to relaXXX, that's really what mjario is always about

so in other words, 10/10 expereicne

Old 22nd September 2014, 05:29 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
I never tried Galaxy 1, but I did buy Galaxy 2...and I did not like it. I think it's more because my tastes have changed than anything else, though, as I'm not too keen on SM64 anymore, either. Oh well.

Old 22nd September 2014, 08:37 AM
Ph.D

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEightySix View Post

please relax

Old 25th September 2014, 11:02 AM
Bunnycomb

I thought it was pretty fun. The 2nd is more fun because it has Yoshi in it. I guess that won't convince you but its a fun game on its own

Old 25th September 2014, 06:12 PM
Dingpot

RWP Podcast 
Guess this is slightly related. Go watch and shit some bricks.

Game Theory: Rosalina UNMASKED pt. 1 (Super Mario Galaxy)
Game Theory: Rosalina UNMASKED pt. 2 (Super Mario Galaxy)

Old 26th September 2014, 03:23 AM
Satan

You're Appreciated! 
Actually have never played it. How does it play; better yet (If the question is applicable enough) does it play more like Super Mario 64 or Sunshine? Because I thought Sunshine was pretty meh...

Old 26th September 2014, 02:30 PM
Jinjo

Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDredlokk View Post
Actually have never played it. How does it play; better yet (If the question is applicable enough) does it play more like Super Mario 64 or Sunshine? Because I thought Sunshine was pretty meh...
Well 64 and Sunshine really are their own thing. Galaxy has the linearity of the 2D games except it's in 3D and in space. Control wise I guess it's more like 64 but really galaxy is its own thing.

Old 26th September 2014, 03:10 PM
Satan

You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiffgurl View Post
i dont know what kind of rating "pretty meh" constitutes but i think sunshine is a lot better than galaxy

but i mean its just a super mario video game so it's not like it matters which ones you like and which you don't, just play it and see if you do or not
I mean it was good, and I played it a lot. But a lot of the missions seemed too easy to me; and not easy in a fun way, just kinda boring. I heard it gets better later in the game, but then memory card got corrupted so I haven't had motivation to go back and get very far.

The one thing I absolutely loved was the platforming trial caves (where Bowser Jr./Paint Mario takes away FLUDD) to get the Shine sprite, those were killer and I would have loved to see some of those actually take use of FLUDD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky447 View Post
Well 64 and Sunshine really are their own thing. Galaxy has the linearity of the 2D games except it's in 3D and in space. Control wise I guess it's more like 64 but really galaxy is its own thing.
Interesting. I'd really have to try it to tell tbh, but sounds cool. Just curious about its playstyle beforehand. Now I just need to get my hands on a Wii.... Or an emulator.

Old 26th September 2014, 05:52 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDredlokk View Post
I mean it was good, and I played it a lot. But a lot of the missions seemed too easy to me; and not easy in a fun way, just kinda boring. I heard it gets better later in the game, but then memory card got corrupted so I haven't had motivation to go back and get very far.
I just wanna say... keep going with Sunshine. If anything, the final level makes up for everything. Especially Mt Corona, I think it was called. And the Action stages. Those get pretty difficult. I guess it really depends on what you like more though. What stage did you get to?

Old 27th September 2014, 04:36 AM
Satan

You're Appreciated! 
I think I got most of the Shinesprites in the first map; then I did 3 or 4 sprites on the beach with the caterpiller boss(es?). Then I did that one roller coaster boss where Bowser Jr. reveals himself as Ink Mario and calls peach mommy (was wierd). Then I started on that construction area and my save corrupted next time I got on so I wasn't motivated to go back. :/

Old 27th September 2014, 06:30 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
You know, I just realized what I don't like about the Galaxy games, aside from the forced waggle-mote: they took away all of Mario's mobility. Now all he has are his normal jumps, and a long jump. The dumb spin move takes away all your momentum. In 64 and sunshine, you had SO many more options and ways of movement, how could they be so dumb to take away the funnest part of a 3D platformer?

Give me back my belly slide and punches, and kicks, and sunshine's super-spin jump. Give me back FLUDD if you must. Sunshine's challenge levels were funner than any level in galaxy solely because you STILL had more mobility, even when a huge part of your arsenal was taken away from you.

Old 28th September 2014, 12:04 AM
Jinjo

I didn't like Mario Galaxy cause:

Lame Plot: They just reused the old 1996 Super Mario 64 plot all over again, while Super Mario Sunshine actually had a creative plot, I was really expecting the same from Super Mario Galaxy. But, I thought wrong

Voice Acting: Some hated the voice acting in Super Mario Sunshine's but, me I liked it (except for Bowser's voice) Super Mario Galaxy kinda just seemed like it was dropping all the good elements.

Star Mission: Everytime you chose a mission in Super Mario 64, you didn't just search for the Star, you also could run around grabbing a different star in that world that wasn't even chosen as your star grab objective. In Super Mario Galaxy you just chose one path and you would be lead straight to the star way to easily.

No Blue coins: Without the blue coins, Mario Galaxy didn't even come close to being as challenging as Super Mario Sunshine.

World exploring: Super Mario Galaxy was very disappointing, the Motion Control was awesome, the upside down running on planet thing was awesome, but, little fields where you hardly explored anything and just kept getting shot out of Star Comets was lame. In Super Mario Sunshine after beating the game, you could still run around and still have a lot of wide world to explore through.

Mario Galaxy 3 would be awful, cause the game would only have a few new power up Mushrooms, and Bowser would transform into SUPER ULTRA MEGA Bowser, which would make the game triple times worse then the previous Mario Galaxy games.

Last edited by project64banjo; 28th September 2014 at 01:52 AM.

User Tag List