Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 18th August 2016, 05:06 AM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
i really liked grow home, and grow up is like the banjo-tooie of grow home except you don't have to walk halfway across the earth twice to progress, instead you just have to roll up into a ball and launch yourself into orbit and hang glide down when you see something glowy or you wanna litter the ground with man-eating plants

oh also there are cute bugs, and the cute bugs are cute because they make cute humming noises. considering this game is almost just as cheap as the first one and it still doesn't use uplay, i am appalled that ubisoft has decided to release another good game with no strings attached. this is not what i pay them for
Glad you liked it, I'll have to pick that up. I also loved Grow Home. It's the best 3D platformer in years, yet I feel like it doesn't really get talked about all that much.

Old 18th August 2016, 10:36 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
DmC is better than i expected, but mostly in that dante is less obnoxious and more really boring and bland. nobody has any fun personality traits and it's leaning in hard on being about a gritty, red helltopia dominated by evil demon corporations, but then vergil has a goofy fedora and the idea of mundus being an evil bald corporate ceo is less terrifying than it is, well, goofy, to me

pretty envrionments though, and the gameplay is decent so far, though apparently it gets really bad later on? i also don't really like the shift away from a mission-based structure, it was fun in the classic dmc games because it gave you a clear point to start and then take a break, and made it easier to replay a mission and improve your ranking, while DmC's missions are more like super long chapters that i can't see being nearly as easy to replay in bite-sized pieces. i get that it's to fit the structure of the plot but, uh, i don't really care about the plot

Old 18th August 2016, 11:13 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
I think the Definitive Edition removes Virgil's fedora.

Old 19th August 2016, 12:45 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

dante slapped away a fat guy's soda can while he was still drinking it. that's just... too far...

Old 19th August 2016, 03:11 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

the obese man represents the stupid masses, mindlessly consuming the shallow labor run by the executive overlords. The more they eat, the more enslaved they become. wake up and smell the **** YOU people

Old 19th August 2016, 07:44 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

i understand that mind control drugs are a common sci fi thing but ****ing lol at the depressed witch lady saying that antidepressants are actually a tool by the demon government to keep you oppressed

the way everything is presented just makes all the mind control drug stuff seem really hilariously stupid. like the witch lady's explanation for the soft drink becoming the most popular drink in the world being "if you say something enough, people will start to believe it" in which case like ok why did people believe the marketing of this specific brand??? the tagline for it makes it sound like some sort of weird off-brand drug a guy tries to sell you on the internet, not a popular soda!!! coke commercials show people becoming super happy and cool after drinking coke, but the tagline isn't "THIS SODA WILL MAKE YOU A GOD AMONG MEN"

Last edited by The Colonel; 19th August 2016 at 07:48 AM.

Old 19th August 2016, 08:17 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

you were not as enlightened watching the coke commercial as you are now

Old 19th August 2016, 06:42 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

*dante kills a succubus*
*far, far away at the top of the demon king mundus' media tower, mundus, having sex with his wife, suddenly stops having sex with his wife and looks out into the distance*
"my succubus is dead"

anyway i just got cool charge-up melty gauntlets so i guess i can't say this isn't a dmc game anymore

e; today i started playing DmC and i said to myself "you know what, i really want to beat the shit out of an unborn demon baby trapped inside of its mother's stomache"

Last edited by The Colonel; 20th August 2016 at 12:38 AM.

Old 20th August 2016, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! Puzzle Six Awesome Default Medal RWP Donator RWP Podcast 
5000 Wii points were added to your Wii Shop wallet!

Old 22nd August 2016, 04:28 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Been playing a mix of Fallout 4, Pokemon Go, No Man's Sky, and Overwatch.

Very glad that the first season of ranked is done for Overwatch, and I got my 300 bonus credits for being top tier so I can choose a golden gun I guess.

Level 24, nearly 25, in Pokemon Go. Feels good walking around all the time, and my legs are so buff and I'm pretty sure my abs are coming back since I've kinda been lazy with exercise earlier this Spring/Summer

Also, finally started Dishonored since I've had the complete edition for awhile, but never got around to playing it. I feel like I'm gonna really enjoy this, it reminds me a lot of Bioshock mixed with Fallout and Thief.

Old 23rd August 2016, 02:10 AM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I resumed my playthrough of Dragon Quest II. I'm nearing the end of the game but jeez, I'm not enjoying it as much as Dragon Quest I for some reason. Also, one of my party members is a total millstone around my neck. There are three playable characters in DQII: The Prince of Midenhall, The Prince of Cannock, and the Princess of Moonbrooke. Midenhall is a physical powerhouse but he can't use magic. Moonbrooke is a really powerful mage with lots of MP but has low physical attack. Cannock is supposed to be the average guy but he's terrible in both departments.

Looking forward to DQIII right after this though.

Old 23rd August 2016, 10:40 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHeroOfTime View Post
I resumed my playthrough of Dragon Quest II. I'm nearing the end of the game but jeez, I'm not enjoying it as much as Dragon Quest I for some reason. Also, one of my party members is a total millstone around my neck. There are three playable characters in DQII: The Prince of Midenhall, The Prince of Cannock, and the Princess of Moonbrooke. Midenhall is a physical powerhouse but he can't use magic. Moonbrooke is a really powerful mage with lots of MP but has low physical attack. Cannock is supposed to be the average guy but he's terrible in both departments.

Looking forward to DQIII right after this though.
DQIII is my favorite one. The Gameboy Color port especially.

Old 25th August 2016, 02:04 AM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I don't care that this isn't gamefaqcts, I'll fite you right here ?

Old 25th August 2016, 02:08 AM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Daniel Trabajo I appreciate your posts in this thread but hoo sometimes your opinions on "video games" make me want to give you one bloody nose, oh, hoo boy your lucky your in irelan

Old 25th August 2016, 05:26 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

i'm going to cheer on esteban, he is a hero fighting for justice against green

User Tag List