Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 28th November 2014, 06:17 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
NEW CONKER CONFIRMED

WE NEED A NEW SUBFORUM CREATED AND THE KAMEO ONE REINSTATED

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 4th December 2014, 11:59 AM
Formerly Edward Rocks

Brad Burns ‏@Ritsu_Is_Cute 9h9 hours ago
@TheRealBeano Are good things happening at Rare?

Robin Beanland ‏@TheRealBeano 6h6 hours ago
@Ritsu_Is_Cute Yes! Exciting times :-)

Brad Burns ‏@Ritsu_Is_Cute 6h6 hours ago
@TheRealBeano That's so good to hear! I'm a lifelong Rare fan. Any hints as to what may be coming? No worries if confidential!

Robin Beanland ‏@TheRealBeano 6h6 hours ago
@Ritsu_Is_Cute I think you'll be very happy with everything that's going on there right now...speaking of which, I better get off to work

So a lifelong fan will be very happy with everything that's going on. Does this pretty much confirm that we'll get classic IP revival(s)?

Old 4th December 2014, 02:25 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
RWP Podcast 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Rocks View Post
So a lifelong fan will be very happy with everything that's going on. Does this pretty much confirm that we'll get classic IP revival(s)?
My childhood wants to tell me yes, but the skeptic in me can't seem to discount the potential shitstorm of a hyped up revival come crashing down.

Granted, they've been very vocal about good things to come, which is new. So hopefully this is a turn for the better.

Old 4th December 2014, 02:43 PM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
I don't think he's saying lifelong fans would be happy, just doing the typical "what we're doing is so exciting, guys" talk that every company will always do. Just wait for an official reveal, I don't think tweets will give us much info

Old 4th December 2014, 11:04 PM
Formerly Edward Rocks

I think the way they're being so vocal and so confident is remarkably unusual for Rare, especially considering that they know exactly how much shit they've got from fans (and even the mainstream media) over the past few years for things like Nuts & Bolts and kinect games.

Whether the game(s) are gonna be good or not is a different story. But I think we can safely assume at this point that at least one of the things they're doing is something that won't be instantly ignored by everyone like kinect/avatar bullshit or the disfiguration of a classic IP. And that already means a lot to me.

Last edited by Salty Hippo; 5th December 2014 at 03:16 AM.

Old 14th December 2014, 07:58 PM
Glowbo

You're Appreciated! 
I'm actually hyped at this! Any other employees's new post about the next game?

Old 24th December 2014, 08:36 PM
Formerly Edward Rocks

Quote:
Robert Masella ‏ZipLockBagMan 8h8 hours ago

And that's all from me workwise for 2014. Super excited about what we're doing here at the moment. Next year will be a blast! #RARE2015
https://twitter.com/ZipLockBagMan/st...43142221725696

Merry Christmas.

Old 24th December 2014, 08:42 PM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Well, if it's anything worthwhile, good thing I'll have an xbox one to play it

Old 24th December 2014, 09:09 PM
Glowbo

You're Appreciated! 
That's really a shame they didn't post a christmas card this year though. I'm still hyped as hell to see their next game!

Old 24th December 2014, 09:51 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
And that's all from me workwise for 2014. Super excited about what we're doing here at the moment. Next year will be a blast! #RARE2015

Blast corps 2 confirmed.

Old 7th January 2015, 12:07 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiffgurl View Post
very disappointed in this "hardcore rare fanbase" missing this obscure rareware-related joke entirely, you are all better than that
I got it, was about to ask you if it was intentional, but then I saw this.

Anyway, I'd be happy with a new Battletoads. Never played a game from that series, but it does look interesting. Plus, if Rare gets into the groove of making hardcore games again, the chance of a new B-K is that much greater.

Last edited by B05SxBrennan; 7th January 2015 at 12:12 AM. Reason: To avoid making a second post.

Old 8th January 2015, 05:39 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Its pretty cool that guys at Rare seem to be very happy and excited about things for 2015.
Its my first post about upcoming Rare game(s) without sarcastic Kinect Sports jokes

Old 9th January 2015, 11:55 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPL View Post
Its pretty cool that guys at Rare seem to be very happy and excited about things for 2015.
Its my first post about upcoming Rare game(s) without sarcastic Kinect Sports jokes
The fact that Rare has been showing excitement about their upcoming game does interest me a lot. I'm sure they're aware of the backlash they've gotten from the Kinect games. So for them to be out in the open showing their excitement and when taking Phil's tweets into consideration I must say that I'm pretty excited myself.

Old 28th January 2015, 02:35 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Guys it's Stop N Swop.

Stop N Swop confirmed to communicate with up and coming second ports of Conker and Perfect Dark.

Banjo minigame during loading screens makes us wish for a full version and it is later released as standalone DLC and eventually an app for our phones (if you happen to be one of the 4 people who use Windows phones). Also Stop N Swop compatible

Grabbed by the Ghoulies secret character. Using a Stop N Swop egg from Banjo-Kazooie's newest port, Connor can command Imps like Pikmen. Initially panned as a shitty knockoff but has heart. Also released as standalone game with added features. Not really all that good.

Sonic officially bought by Micorsoft and given to Rare to use. Sonic is an NPC in one level of next Banjo game (that has hilarious references to how shitty cars are) and never again sees the light of day. Entering Stop N Swop eggs can give you a Sonic statue as a hood ornament, a hedgehog corpse to jut out of your vehicle's grill, or red tires.

Conker revived in new game called Conker: Stop Drinking N Swop for Jesus featuring our favorite alcoholic squirrel as a sentient zombie who's trying to get his life back on track by getting his college degree. A point and click adventure game. Conker's stopped drinking since his vow to get his shit together but just can't seem to get away from alcohol. Antics ensue for first few hours but then pulls a Spec Ops: The Line and becomes a serious and intimate story about alcoholism and the struggle to survive. Also features political commentary about the price of education. First video game nominated for an Oscar (loses in an upset against Wreck It Ralph 2: Fix-It Felix).

Micorsoft to stream live battles in The Arena (formerly known as Rare Studios). Previous Rare employees fight to the death in teams named after their old IPs. Team-Who-Framed-Roger-Rabbit-For-The-NES goes on to win it all but team leader Shaun Read (Principal Designer for Kinect Sports Season 2 and Lead Designer for Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts) leads a bloody revolt from Rare that ended in Rare conquering the UK and naming Gregg Mayles as their monarch. America eventually attacks Rare after President Barack Obama (who had passed laws giving him "infinity terms" just like the Republicans warned us) got a "funky vibe" from Mayles. Known forever as the Stop N Swap War.
What is wrong with me?

User Tag List