Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

View Poll Results: Witch (get it?) one?
Banjo-Kazooie 14 42.42%
Banjo-Tooie 18 54.55%
Neither over the other 1 3.03%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th April 2012, 12:06 AM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
Kazooie or Tooie?

Which game do you like better and why? Or, any other B-K game.

Old 29th April 2012, 12:59 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox 
WOOOW great idea for a thread. Definately there has never been another thread like this in this forum

Old 29th April 2012, 01:01 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B2K1 
BK, but DK64 is better than both. BK had everything closely knit, BT was extremely large, DK64 was both.

Old 29th April 2012, 01:33 AM
Jackjack71

I prefer Banjo-Tooie, because it has everything that Banjo-Kazooie has, plus more. Mini-games, bosses, more moves, bigger worlds, the right amount of back-tracking. This is why Banjo-Tooie is my favorite game of all time.

Old 29th April 2012, 02:34 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B2K1 
All that is true, but it's pretty spaced out compared to BK, which was a clusterf*** in a good way.

Old 29th April 2012, 05:19 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Tooie. It's meatier and more exciting.

Old 29th April 2012, 05:59 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Tooie. It actually feels like an accomplishment to get a single jiggy, much less beat it.

Old 29th April 2012, 06:48 PM
Jolly Rodger

Viva PiƱata TiP Mastery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowKazooie View Post
WOOOW great idea for a thread. Definately there has never been another thread like this in this forum
This.

Old 29th April 2012, 08:16 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Banjo Kazooie set the ground work, and Banjo Tooie tried to be bigger, and while it was, the content was spread to far apart and the back tracking became not only painful, but it was usually only to get one thing. Donkey Kong 64 fixed that with different character specific pick ups. It made the back tracking less empty and you actually felt like you were accomplishing something.

I prefer me some Nuts & Bolts to Tooie any day though.

Old 30th April 2012, 05:02 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post
Banjo Kazooie set the ground work, and Banjo Tooie tried to be bigger, and while it was, the content was spread to far apart and the back tracking became not only painful, but it was usually only to get one thing. Donkey Kong 64 fixed that with different character specific pick ups. It made the back tracking less empty and you actually felt like you were accomplishing something.

I pretty much agree with this. For me, Banjo-Kazooie was the first in the franchise I even played, so nostalgia is another huge factor when I think of the more superior game. I didn't play Banjo-Tooie until it was released on XBLA, but when I did, I also bought B-K and replayed it without nostalgia goggles. I have to say that the worlds, music, and plot are memorable for B-K, whilst in B-T I barely remember some of the major levels. I also felt that the hub world (Grunty's Lair) in B-K was easier to navigate, and fun to explore, especially on your first playthrough.

I have some other minor gripes on B-T as well such as how Banjo's voice sounds different (and quite annoyingly so) when he jumps or rolls or whatever. I also thought the honeycombs lacked the cool realistic physics when dropped. Instead, they look all cartoonish and bouncy. Overall, I did quite enjoy both games.

I wouldn't say I'd prefer Nuts and Bolts over Tooie. Don't get me wrong, I love Nuts and Bolts, but there just isn't enough variety in it for me to say it is better.

As for DK64, I'd play it over Tooie any day.

Old 30th April 2012, 09:06 PM
Formerly GoldenJiggies

INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMasterGuy View Post
BK, but DK64 is better than both. BK had everything closely knit, BT was extremely large, DK64 was both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DineOnFantasy View Post
I pretty much agree with this. For me, Banjo-Kazooie was the first in the franchise I even played, so nostalgia is another huge factor when I think of the more superior game. I didn't play Banjo-Tooie until it was released on XBLA, but when I did, I also bought B-K and replayed it without nostalgia goggles. I have to say that the worlds, music, and plot are memorable for B-K, whilst in B-T I barely remember some of the major levels. I also felt that the hub world (Grunty's Lair) in B-K was easier to navigate, and fun to explore, especially on your first playthrough.

I have some other minor gripes on B-T as well such as how Banjo's voice sounds different (and quite annoyingly so) when he jumps or rolls or whatever. I also thought the honeycombs lacked the cool realistic physics when dropped. Instead, they look all cartoonish and bouncy. Overall, I did quite enjoy both games.

I wouldn't say I'd prefer Nuts and Bolts over Tooie. Don't get me wrong, I love Nuts and Bolts, but there just isn't enough variety in it for me to say it is better.

As for DK64, I'd play it over Tooie any day.
No... we are not here to discuss DK64, which isn't better than BK, or BT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post

ARE YOU BRAIN DEAD!? GOOD GAWD!

So yeah, IMO Tooie is and most likely always will be the best game of all time.

Old 30th April 2012, 10:17 PM
Mingy Jonjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Yeah, after twelve years I'm pretty sure this thread has been done to death.

That said, I'll play along. If my username isn't any indication, then my vote goes to Tooie. Nostalgia is playing a part here, as it was the first I played of the two. But I still find it highly entertaining, even more than its predecessor.

Quote:
My opinion is somewhat similar.

B-K was a bit too small in my opinion. DK64 was extremely large. And B-T is the happy medium.

And GoldenJiggies. Relax bro. If someone enjoyed N&B or DK64 over B-K/B-T, let them. They most certainly aren't brain dead.

Last edited by Tooie; 30th April 2012 at 10:19 PM.

Old 30th April 2012, 10:24 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B2K1 
Additionally, DK64 is the real BK3. N&B is more of a really good spin-off, whereas DK64 more resembles BK than DKC.

Old 1st May 2012, 12:06 AM
Formerly GoldenJiggies

INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Additionally, DK64 is the real BK3. N&B is more of a really good spin-off, whereas DK64 more resembles BK than DKC.
I actually kinda agree with this.

But N&B over Tooie?... ZOMG LEIK, RLY? JK.

Old 2nd May 2012, 04:30 AM
Glowbo

I prefer Banjo-Kazooie. Like Tooie and DineOnFantasy, nostalgia plays a big part for me; I look back on BK more fondly than BT because I played BK first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineOnFantasy View Post
I have some other minor gripes on B-T as well such as how Banjo's voice sounds different (and quite annoyingly so) when he jumps or rolls or whatever. I also thought the honeycombs lacked the cool realistic physics when dropped. Instead, they look all cartoonish and bouncy.
^ So true ^

I think BK and BT are equally good overall (and for different reasons), but I enjoy BK more because all of the good aspects are more closely packed - it was solid throughout. BT was just so vast and complex, but it was cool that Rare decided to take some risks and change the style of the game.

User Tag List