Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 20th September 2016, 05:32 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
I played on 500mb of data, nearly daily for Pokemon Go, and it lasted three months. It's only $10 to get a 1GB of data as well. I'm so glad I have a Tracfone, with no plans or wasting money . I never wanted a smartphone to begin with, but had got this one for Pokemon Go. I only finally ran down to 20mb left had had to buy more, so if you can find a cheap thing like that, I'd definitely recommend it. Dunno if they have things like that wherever you live, though.

Old 21st September 2016, 07:07 AM
a quiche

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Yeah, dude! I'm on a Verizon family plan and data usage has usually been a pain for me in the past so that was a big concern when I started playing Pokémon Go, but doubly dispelling fears here, it's great. I think they minimized it so that most of the game information is just handled on the Niantic servers and the only thing you're really transferring is GPS data. So that keeps its data streams lower than like, typical streaming music services, or even regular browser use--case in point, I've been playing a decent amount this month and I'm only at 0.05 gb.

Zondekel, you should (I think) be able to set up a plan for most certified-"mobile" devices but if not, then I think you will still be in the clear if it's under a brand that your provider is partnered up with. The only real way to figure that out, though, is probably gonna be by asking, so good luck because having the freedom of internet everywhere helps the experience so much more.

DementedSun, I also agree about not wanting a smartphone. I held off getting one for a long time until finally a year ago my last flip phone started having issues and I decided I'd give upgrading a shot. Disclaimer-personal-bias, I mostly tend to live in the past as far as tech goes, but tbh, like after my year of using it I've pretty much gotten so sick of social media and most apps that I frankly miss the minimalism of having a phone be simply a phone, plus I've had a tablet for years that I use on wifi where I can find it like Zondekel said, so I didn't miss out too bad on internet on the go. So aside from the ability of being able to stream music anywhere and having a pretty solid camera for taking/uploading photos, Pokémon Go weirdly kinda came along and re-validated my enjoyment of having a smartphone, and for that I give it a lot of props.

User Tag List