Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 28th April 2015, 04:22 PM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
Scrubber I don't know what to tell you man, none of those things were an issue for me. I thought the vehicle mechanics were brilliant and the physics cartooney and full of glitches but I love both those aspects. I very much enjoyed just going around, admiring small things and making my own fun while getting creative with vehicles. The game pretty much allows you to break it if you can figure out how. It lets you think outside the box and has glitches to play around with.

If you're the sort off person who could entertain yourself for with a rubberband for two hours, (which I've done before,) then I think you'll love this game. Not everybody can appreciate what it offers. In Nuts and Bolts, YOU are largely responsible for creating your own fun, and not everyone can do that.

Old 28th April 2015, 05:35 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
the only true way to play nuts & bolts is to create a giant flying green laser death boob

or a dong, that is an acceptable alternative

Old 29th April 2015, 01:11 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Nuts and Bolts is a legitimately good video game, and one that I actually enjoyed. The problem has always been that it has no real relation to a Banjo game, even though it is pushed as the third game in the canonical series. If this was a separate Rare IP, I think we would have all praised it and been looking for sequels. (Even though the game didn't sell.)

On it's own though, I actually really enjoyed it. Kind of want to go back and 100% the cheevos.

Agreed.

As a game, it is good and enjoyable to a point, but after replaying it several times, it starts to feel like a chore, but it still a good game.

As a Banjo game, it sucked the donkey's balls.

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 1st May 2015, 07:05 PM
Most Underappreciated Member '11 - '12

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 3 Participation Award 
I bought a 360 whenever the Elite model was the new thing, and the first thing I did was go out a grab NaB. While I had read on here that it wasn't a true Banjo game, I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. Well, I booted it up, and after the first couple challenges, I really, really, really did not like the game. I have a habit of not getting rid of games I hate, so I put it in the bin, and didn't touch it again for about 3 years.

Enough time had passed, and I felt like giving it another shot. I made myself accept that it wasn't a platformer collect-a-thon like I had hoped. And, once I did that, I started having actual fun. Building vehicles to complete each challenge kept me playing the game for hours. I then got to the final Grunty challenge, and I think I got pissed off and quit there. But, the game certainly changed for me once I simply accepted that it wasn't the Banjo I wanted.

Like others have said here, it becomes a much better game once you get over the fact it isn't a true BK game.

and that soundtrack is delicious.

Old 2nd May 2015, 02:20 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
I like the fact that most of the gunty challanges can be completed by sticking yourself to her car and shooting

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 2nd May 2015, 02:58 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Is that supposed to be some kind of sexual euphemism?

Old 2nd May 2015, 03:42 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I bought a 360 for it after I saw the trailer, waited for it, and gave it a shot when it came out. I enjoyed exploring the worlds and building vehicles for a while, but it really wasn't any good to me after that. It's not a Banjo game in my eyes. To be completely honest, I had more fun with the demo than the actual game.

Old 2nd May 2015, 04:00 PM
Glowbo

Of course I wanted a Banjo Threeie, but who didn't? Still, I absolutely love this game. I don't know how many hours I spent building mechs, transformers, wicked contraptions or replicas.
Sure there are still points I don't like, like that there aren't more worlds or that towbars didn't work in multiplayer (or the LOG Box, way too vertical to get around poperly with anything than VTOLs)
But I still put it in the useless doorstopper that's my 360 then and now. In fact, the few Rare games (Kameo, B-K, B-T and a few Sega games) are the only reasons I haven't thrown the Box on the junk yet. BTW I think it's time again for my Tooie playthrough^^

You guys want the game without Banjo? Look at Robocraft, it's a shameless ripoff down to the physics, but without any of the personality of N&B. No thanks....

Old 2nd May 2015, 04:05 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Not having Banjo in the game doesn't mean they would have to make it completely devoid of personality.

Tags
lol tags

User Tag List