Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 8th April 2015, 11:47 PM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
Quote:
Originally Posted by N64DD View Post
I watch Sonic 06 so mutch I've just decided to convert it to audio so I can listen to it on the go
Are you another me? Am I a clone of you?

Old 9th April 2015, 09:30 PM
Darth Dubzicus

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! Imagination Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Here ya go RWP Grumps enjoy

they're in sort of a wacky order I forgot they arn't numbered exclusively so it ended up puting them in alphabetical order
Whose cause and cure lie ever out of reach."

Old 10th April 2015, 07:00 PM
u ‾ ‾ u

Total Awards: 3
RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Anyone else find it interesting that they never talked about Jon at all (since his departure) until that Firered episode and now they talk about Jon quite a lot? It's a pretty big about-face on the whole issue.

Old 11th April 2015, 12:14 AM
Bunnycomb

Game Grumps. More like Old Grumps... amirite guys.

Old 12th April 2015, 08:36 PM
Mr. Pants

I swear, if they had just handled Jon's departure like normal human beings then it wouldn't have blown up so damn much.

Look at The Completionist. When Greg left, they were very transparent about it, and now the show continues like normal and everything's fine. Nobody's shit is getting flipped. I mean of course I miss Greg, I've met both dudes and Greg is an especially fun loving person and just a joy to be around (and I wish him the best), but honestly they handled their own situation way better than the Grumps.

You can't just have two giant personalities in the community make a big ass daily LP channel and have one of the two guys leave, say nothing about it, and expect it to get cleanly swept underneath the rug. It was pretty dumb of them, and it's one of the huge reasons why it grew and grew and grew -- people's curiosities. And now it's stained their show and people will always have "what happened to Jon?" and "is he coming back?" in the back of their minds.

but no seriously is he coming back

I would shit myself if he did

because that would be love <3

Old 12th April 2015, 08:58 PM
Rare Witch Hero

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
In our deepest, darkest dreams he'd be back. I miss Jon, watching everything he did back is still fun

Old 13th April 2015, 01:24 AM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
I retract what I said earlier in this thread. That compilation would pretty much be just as long as the whole let's play.

Old 13th April 2015, 03:07 PM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
It is fairly obvious now that it was Arin, Suzy or Barry that made the decision not to mention Jon on the show, most likely Arin or Barry. Dan and Ross clearly like Jon as the talk about him very frequently. The six or seven Jon references thus far on the show were initiated almost entirely by Dan and Ross (I believe Arin made one reference). Danny even said in a recent episode that he went over to Jon's house to chill with him.

Whatever happened the night after E3 when Barry and Jon were tweeting from the bar could have something to do with why Jon left, since that was the last time Jon has interacted with any of the Grumps for over a year. I don't know if this problem has been hashed out at this point, I assume it must be since they are talking about Jon so much now.

The prospect of having Jon back on the show really would touch my heart strings. Game Grumps is another one of my few constants in life and they really meant a lot to me when I was going through hard times, particularly Jon and Arin Grumps.

Old 13th April 2015, 04:52 PM
Mr. Pants

As much as I want it, Jon has said a bunch that he's not going back :c and it kind of sucks because it was really entertaining with him and Arin together and it produced a lot of memorable moments. Game Grumps is like, one of the only YouTube channels I've ever encountered that have made a noticeable impact on my life -- I know it's silly to say, but when I think about it, it's true. It's mainly because of the personalities, what happened, what they talked about, what was going on in my life at the time, how Game Grumps made me laugh when bad things were happening, and how everything changed over time.

As much as I don't like to talk about this, I have to admit that pretty much all of Jon Grumps is lumped in my head with a girl I was dating at the time from late 2011 to mid 2013. We broke up pretty much around the time that Jon left the show. She and I were both fans of Egoraptor before we met (the REAL Egoraptor, not today's Arin), and this was surprising to me at the time because I hadn't met a girl outside of conventions that was into the kind of nerdy subculture stuff. And she didn't know about JonTron at all, whose videos I was really (and am still) into. So I got her into watching Game Grumps -- got her into watching a lot of internet channels, really -- and we kept up with what the Grumps were doing, both on their collab channel and off. I remember watching the Nuts & Bolts JonTron review with her just so she could know why I didn't like that game, haha. (She didn't know why I disliked N&B, she just knew I was really into Rare and Banjo-Kazooie growing up.) I remember listening to old Game Grumps remixes on the train with her, both of us knowing all the words I remember us making each other laugh with dumb GG references, often integrating "dang ass" and "real talk" into our regular conversations just for the funniness of it.

Sometimes I can't watch old videos without thinking of her. Like Arin's Castlevania Sequelitis (that I recently rewatched) -- she knew all the words. And while I did love her very much, I won't get into the super nitty gritty details because I don't want to derail the thread too much and I also am not super comfortable talking about it still. The point I wanted to get to was, when Jon left, it made me reflect a lot about change and how you need to adapt as time passes, sometimes these things don't last forever, and I knew it was up to me to accept it. When I thought about it, it wasn't unlike my split from the girl I used to be with. I knew it was the end, and I didn't want to end what were some of the happiest days of my life, but I had to let go, move on, and grow from the change. I had to look up and see my entire future ahead of me, and hey, maybe it'll be even better than it was before.

WOW this post got super feelsy. I'm sorry about that. I just kind of got wrapped up in memories. Sorry guys.

I miss Jon lmao

Old 13th April 2015, 10:18 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
oh snap

Old 23rd April 2015, 06:38 PM
Darth Dubzicus

love everything about this animation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ5xHcnTcKI
the arts fantastic and I love when they put them in the game and keep em there instead of switching to the couch

Old 25th April 2015, 08:39 PM
Darth Dubzicus

anyone else really hate holly

Old 25th April 2015, 11:22 PM
Mr. Pants

Quote:
anyone else really hate holly
;o you take that back, mister! Holly is one of my favorite people. I love her cosplay videos and she's just an overall chill person. She inspires me to work on her own stuff. I like her because it seems like she's genuinely into what she loves. She doesn't try hard to be funny like Suzy who often times ends up coming off awkward. I don't hate Suzy or anything, but... c'mon. Her husband is Egoraptor.

Old 25th April 2015, 11:36 PM
Darth Dubzicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starblazer View Post
;o you take that back, mister! Holly is one of my favorite people. I love her cosplay videos and she's just an overall chill person. She inspires me to work on her own stuff. I like her because it seems like she's genuinely into what she loves. She doesn't try hard to be funny like Suzy who often times ends up coming off awkward. I don't hate Suzy or anything, but... c'mon. Her husband is Egoraptor.
I can't explain it I just hate her

Old 26th April 2015, 05:48 AM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
I can't explain it I just hate her
If you can't explain why you hate somebody then you probably don't.

So Super Mario 64, the only GG series that I watch. It's really getting on my nerves that the it seems like most of the last 10 episodes have just been constant 100 coin levels. Does Arin not know that there's still two levels he hasn't even visited yet?

User Tag List