Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 5th December 2016, 10:17 AM
Glowbo

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
New(?) Banjoland Glitch!

Hey guys,

I spend a lot of my time lurking here, but try to avoid posting too many of my videos in an attempt at not annoying people with my blatant self-advertising. That said, this one might be more up your collective alleys!

Basically, I've discovered a glitch in Nuts and Bolts that appears to have gone otherwise undocumented (could not find a youtube video on it, and the banjo wiki doesn't mention it).

The glitch is on the level 'Banjoland' in the challenge 'Home Improvements: Igloo Edition', during which, if you activate any of the cameras from another challenge ('Get Protected') you will be immediately awarded victory for the challenge despite having never even touched the igloo that you are required to remove in order to complete the challenge.

Easily replicated, works every time, sort of nifty, and thought you guys might get a kick out of it. Here is the video to show it working, but I just thought I'd explain it in full first to try and lesson the obviousness of my obvious advertising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEKn3eXnvJM

(also, sorry if I posted this twice, my first attempt told me to 'sign in' again when I hit submit, and then after signing in I could not find the thread, so I'm assuming it does not exist)

- Grim

Last edited by Grim Grindle; 5th December 2016 at 10:19 AM. Reason: made a factual error

Old 5th December 2016, 05:14 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Interesting stuff. Are you actively hunting for glitches in NaB?

Old 5th December 2016, 05:27 PM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
If you use the Grenade Turret glitch that allows you to go through floors, you'll find one of those magenta crabs beneath Banjoland near the museum entrance. Poor little guy. Just walking around in the void. Alone. . .

Old 5th December 2016, 07:47 PM
Glowbo

You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Interesting stuff. Are you actively hunting for glitches in NaB?
Nope, just waste enough time on it that these things are sometimes accidentally discovered XD Was actually working on a video doing challenges without vehicles, walked half way across the map to get a blower enemy that hadn't even spawned, and figured 'while I'm here, might as well turn this cog' only to discover it glitch the game and give me victory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyo76 View Post
If you use the Grenade Turret glitch that allows you to go through floors, you'll find one of those magenta crabs beneath Banjoland near the museum entrance. Poor little guy. Just walking around in the void. Alone. . .
Haha yep! I actually used that curious little wanderer at the start of my video on the out of bounds glitch! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1cC8CHYga0 I like to think he is some sort of wanderer, forever exploring the endless bounds of the out of bounds!

Old 8th December 2016, 03:46 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal 
Neat. I think you're right, they probably left an event flag in somewhere, or maybe the zone goes away when they're activated and the game processes that as the igloo pieces leaving the zone.

Old 9th December 2016, 01:17 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Your videos are amazing.

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 10th December 2016, 10:07 AM
Glowbo

You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Mech View Post
Neat. I think you're right, they probably left an event flag in somewhere, or maybe the zone goes away when they're activated and the game processes that as the igloo pieces leaving the zone.
Yeah event flag is what I was thinking, but hadn't even considered it could be removing the zone all together! I'm also wondering if it could also have anything to do with the camera under the ice being in such close proximity to the igloo. It would be really interesting to learn exactly what causes it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyme123 View Post
Your videos are amazing.
Thanks Whyme123!

User Tag List