Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 12th June 2009, 10:41 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
All Nintendo does is make sequels.

Have you noticed that Nintendo is making a sequel to a ton of games? Let's see the list:

Animal Crossing: City Folk
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Mario and Luigi RPG 3
Metroid: the Other M or what ever it's called
Mario Kart Wii
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
That recently announced Legend of Zelda
Mario Party 8
Mario Party DS
(We all know another Pikmin is coming)
Pokemon Platinum
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Fit Plus
Super Paper Mario

DSi!!!!!!! Well, it's not a game but I think you should get the idea.

And there's probably more I haven't listed.

I'm not saying that all of those are bad games, I enjoyed some of them. All I'm saying is that Nintendo is s**t out of ideas. Seriously, almost everything they presented this E3 was a sequel to some series. (Except for Wii Vitality, but I don't know what the f**k that's about...)

And I think a perfect example of this is Super Mario Galaxy 2. Nintendo just looked at the sales and said, "Wow, Galaxy is one of our best sellers....OMG! There's the answer to that new game we're looking for!!! They'll eat it up ^-^".

Your thoughts? (Here comes the flame)

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not saying these games are bad games! Some of 'em are the best Nintendo has done lately. I'm just pointing out what Nintendo has been doing.

Last edited by teh_banjofan; 19th June 2009 at 12:45 AM.

Old 12th June 2009, 10:51 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_banjofan View Post
And I think a perfect example of this is Super Mario Galaxy 2. Nintendo just looked at the sales and said, "Wow, Galaxy is one of our best sellers....OMG! There's the answer to that new game we're looking for!!! They'll eat it up ^-^".
My thoughts -- A lot of older games used a great game engine, so, why not reuse it? It's perfectly fine. Banjo-Kazooie used the recycled game engine of Super Mario 64 and enhanced upon it. Super Mario Galaxy 2 will hopefully enhance SG's playing experience. I'm willing to bet that this is actually going to be a great game and less linear than the original. AND IT HAS YOSHI.

Sequels -- They don't bother me too much. I like to see my favorite characters making new appearances every little while in new games with enhanced graphics. So... yeah.

Old 12th June 2009, 11:12 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Who doesn't mind a good sequel? If it's based off of a previous game I loved and it's equally as good I really don't mind getting it but I do agree Nintendo needs to expand on their franchises a bit, though pikmin was a pretty good new series.

Old 12th June 2009, 11:14 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Nintendo fans are ****s. When Nintendo STOP making a million and one sequels to their games (I.E. last year when most of the stuff they came out with was Wii Fit etc), they bitch, and when they start coming out with a bunch of pretty great looking sequels such as Metroid Other M and Mario Galaxy 2, they bitch. When are you pleased?

Old 12th June 2009, 11:19 PM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid SOAP View Post
Nintendo fans are ****s. When Nintendo STOP making a million and one sequels to their games (I.E. last year when most of the stuff they came out with was Wii Fit etc), they bitch, and when they start coming out with a bunch of pretty great looking sequels such as Metroid Other M and Mario Galaxy 2, they bitch. When are you pleased?
You are such a troll sometimes. I don't know if you mean to be or what, but you can't just say that about all the fans of Nintendo. Sometimes there were good reasons to "Bitch", and sometimes some fans do complain about everything, but you can't just say that about the entire fanbase. It's like saying everyone hated NaB's vehicles, it's not true, some people did, some didn't. And I don't see many people whining about SMG2 or Metroid, actually, I have been seeing much more praise than I thought I would.

Think about what you post before you post it.
Kthxbai.

Old 12th June 2009, 11:41 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
You have to admit, a lot of those sequels have a lot of thought and such put into them. Super Paper Mario really turned the Paper Mario series around. PM 2 was pretty much just Paper Mario in a blender. To me they didn't even TRY to think of anything new. And Galaxy also had a lot put into it.

But yeah, who even plays Mario Party anymore? I kinda completely stopped caring at around the time the first Mario Party for Gamecube was out (I don't even care what number it is).

But I think Nintendo has made enough series for now to just make some sequels to rest on. They can't just keep churning out new things and not add on to the story of it. I mean, would you really rather living in a reality without Banjo-Tooie or Paper Mario (since that was supposed to be SMRPG's sequel)?

But then again I'm not even sure what I'm talking about. It's 89 degrees and I'm wearing jeans.

Old 12th June 2009, 11:47 PM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithery View Post

But yeah, who even plays Mario Party anymore? I kinda completely stopped caring at around the time the first Mario Party for Gamecube was out (I don't even care what number it is).
Hehe. I bought the Mario Party 8 for wii and had a bit of fun for about 1 game. I sold it back soon after.

Old 12th June 2009, 11:57 PM
I'M A BIG WEE WEE HEAD!!!!

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 
How about thinking of something original?

Old 13th June 2009, 12:07 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
I used to think this, then realised that stuff like Galaxy was fantastic anyway.

Old 13th June 2009, 12:08 AM
Jinjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithery View Post
You have to admit, a lot of those sequels have a lot of thought and such put into them. Super Paper Mario really turned the Paper Mario series around. PM 2 was pretty much just Paper Mario in a blender. To me they didn't even TRY to think of anything new. And Galaxy also had a lot put into it.

But I think Nintendo has made enough series for now to just make some sequels to rest on. They can't just keep churning out new things and not add on to the story of it. I mean, would you really rather living in a reality without Banjo-Tooie or Paper Mario (since that was supposed to be SMRPG's sequel)?

But then again I'm not even sure what I'm talking about. It's 89 degrees and I'm wearing jeans.
Paper Mario & The thousand years door is one of the best games I've ever played for the gamecube. Paper Mario is one of the best games I've ever played for the nintendo 64. Harr harr.

Old 13th June 2009, 12:09 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
As long as the sequels are good\different , who cares? I rather this than something new that they fail to think of good ideas on. What do you honestly expect them to do? As if they wouldn't make a new Mario or Zelda for example, they sell heaps.

Newest are probably Pikmin and Animal Crossing

Last edited by Shaz; 13th June 2009 at 12:15 AM.

Old 13th June 2009, 12:09 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, I actually dislike them the most.

Old 13th June 2009, 12:11 AM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerego View Post
Paper Mario & The thousand years door is one of the best games I've ever played for the gamecube. Paper Mario is one of the best games I've ever played for the nintendo 64. Harr harr.
I know they are great. Paper Mario is basically my religion. But just look at it, seriously. They said they even wanted to use the allies from Paper Mario in PM2. Seriously, they didn't even try. They did with SPM though, which I love. PM2 is still one of the best games ever though. But like I said...

Old 13th June 2009, 12:13 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
I think SPM is the saddest excuse for a Paper Mario game in existence. I love Paper Mario and Paper Mario: TTYD, they are epicness. Seriously, how could you say they didn't try in TTYD? It has an excellent story line, beautiful graphics, very intuitive and creative gameplay...I could play it over and over. Same for Paper Mario 64!

Old 13th June 2009, 12:26 AM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
I mainly care for SPM because of the characters and storyline. IMO it's got the best out of the series. But I go to PM and PM2 for game play and all around fun.

I'm just saying PM2 didn't even try with the worlds. Just look at it.

User Tag List