Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 30th October 2014, 06:03 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise Free for Gold Members Next Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbox.com
For the Xbox 360 crowd, Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise is on offer in November. This sequel to the wildly popular Viva Piñata places you once again at the helm of your own personal garden paradise, where your job is to create a home for your piñata companions. You’ll face challenges from the evil Professor Pester and his Ruffians, and you’ll face even more just trying to please and attract new piñatas to your garden. Trouble in Paradise gives you better controls, more tools, and more robust multiplayer support than the original game, meaning you can get all the help you need. Of course, if you’d prefer not to worry about challenges and managing needs, Trouble in Paradise also features a sandbox mode, where you can simply build your garden to your heart’s content and fill it with your favorite piñata buddies. This is a great game for the younger ones in your family to enjoy, but there’s plenty in Trouble in Paradise’s intricate economy and variable challenges for adults to have fun too.
Source: Microsoft

I'm actually super excited about this. I've never played the sequel, so I might have to pull out my 360 for this again.

Old 30th October 2014, 08:40 PM
Jinjo

I never liked Viva Pinata so I don't care.

Old 30th October 2014, 10:09 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Looks like I'll be redeeming my one week Xbox live code, thanks Skittles!

Old 31st October 2014, 12:18 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
So does this mean we'll do a game night some point in November seeing as everyone with Gold on here will have Viva Pinata: TIP? I'd be down for it as I can finally pull out the XBLA Vision camera I got for Christmas 2 years ago.

Old 31st October 2014, 01:26 AM
On DKVine

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Wiki-Master Rarity Awesome Default Medal 
If you guys do not do this you are seriously missing out. This game is fantastic and they're giving it to you for free.

Take it from someone with 100% completion on it.

Old 31st October 2014, 01:31 AM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
The fact that most of you didn't already own Trouble In Paradise is sad.

Old 31st October 2014, 01:35 AM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I tried VP but never got into it. If I still have gold I'll look into this one

Old 31st October 2014, 03:27 PM
Formerly Edward Rocks

Bought both, didn't like any. I went into TiP thinking it would fix a lot of stuff from the original, but it was just as pointless as the first game. I started and re-started it multiple times hoping the experience would be different, but it never was. I think I'll never understand why some people go nuts about it and beg for a yet another sequel.

Old 31st October 2014, 05:26 PM
Formerly Vampy

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
I own like the special edition

Old 31st October 2014, 10:04 PM
Custom User Title

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award Basic Forum Rules 
Own both already. Never really got into the 2nd one as much as the 1st for some reason, so the download gives me the excuse to give it another go.

Old 1st November 2014, 12:05 AM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Rocks View Post
Bought both, didn't like any. I went into TiP thinking it would fix a lot of stuff from the original, but it was just as pointless as the first game. I started and re-started it multiple times hoping the experience would be different, but it never was. I think I'll never understand why some people go nuts about it and beg for a yet another sequel.
And what are some of the things from the original that you were hoping to be fixed?

Old 1st November 2014, 01:52 AM
Formerly Edward Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
And what are some of the things from the original that you were hoping to be fixed?
Basically everything? Give the game some god damn meaning, or at least players a reason to keep playing other than to collect pinatas that you will soon have to get rid of because your garden is a ****ing cubicle that grows slower than it takes Rare to finish a game. Include things and mechanics that are actually fun besides those stupid mating minigames. Come up with FUN, creative ways to progress and attract new pinatas instead of making us do nonsensical things like renaming them to any random word to improve "happiness" or whatever. Don't interrupt me every 1 or 2 minutes with a new pinata cutscene in the first couple of hours when I'm still trying to figure out what the **** I'm supposed to be doing. Fix the dreadful interface, make stuff more intuitive. This was one of the biggest promises of TiP, and it turns out it's almost as obtuse as the original.

VP is a weird idea for a videogame that could have worked if the execution wasn't so terrible. I don't hate it, and I know that you and quite a few others enjoy it, so more power to you guys, but it's definitely not for me.

Old 1st November 2014, 02:26 AM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Real talk I can't even finish reading one of this guy's posts.

sorry I asked.

Old 1st November 2014, 08:58 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Trabajo View Post
It's always kind of a bummer when the free game is real good but you already have it - will probably download anyway to circumvent needing the disc. Anyone with Gold that doesn't have it should definitely play it though

Your Posts Suck
That's a good thing. Hopefully I will win an Oscar for having the worlds most pathetic posts. > : )

Old 1st November 2014, 09:20 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Rocks View Post
Basically everything? Give the game some god damn meaning, or at least players a reason to keep playing other than to collect pinatas that you will soon have to get rid of because your garden is a ****ing cubicle that grows slower than it takes Rare to finish a game. Include things and mechanics that are actually fun besides those stupid mating minigames. Come up with FUN, creative ways to progress and attract new pinatas instead of making us do nonsensical things like renaming them to any random word to improve "happiness" or whatever. Don't interrupt me every 1 or 2 minutes with a new pinata cutscene in the first couple of hours when I'm still trying to figure out what the **** I'm supposed to be doing. Fix the dreadful interface, make stuff more intuitive. This was one of the biggest promises of TiP, and it turns out it's almost as obtuse as the original.

VP is a weird idea for a videogame that could have worked if the execution wasn't so terrible. I don't hate it, and I know that you and quite a few others enjoy it, so more power to you guys, but it's definitely not for me.

I couldn't of said it better myself. This guy just reviewed the whole entire game perfectly with just this one post. Lets give this man applause!

User Tag List