Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 18th April 2014, 04:15 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
I also need to try winning The Dragon's test in San Fran one more time, since my Unarmed is higher than it was last time, and I want to kill Lo Pan.
I love this questline, but it never works properly for me. In every single one of my playthroughs, something goes wrong with it somehow. usually I'll knock one of the guys down in the ring and the round ends prematurely, so the guy is still laying there next round and when he eventually gets up, I'm facing two guys at once in the ring and I end up having to kill one of them.

Old 18th April 2014, 05:35 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
Finally doing a full run of Fallout 2, with the Restoration Project. Saved Sulik's sister from slavers, and now I'm travelling the wastes with a merry band of me, Cassidy, Sulik, Marcus, K-9, and a deathclaw in a robe named Goris.
I haven't played Fallout 2 in a looong time, but I'll always remember Goris.

Old 18th April 2014, 05:51 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFox View Post
I haven't played Fallout 2 in a looong time, but I'll always remember Goris.
You should pick up the whole collection for five bucks in the next Steam sale. Fallout 1 and 2 actually hold up pretty well in my book, Fallout 2 especially has a ton of great content and Fallout 1 has a really great antagonist.

Old 18th April 2014, 06:56 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Playing a bit more of Bioshock. Infinitie is causing me to think way to much about some of the things I'm hearing and now I am really looking forward to playing Burial at Sea to confirm my suspicions.

Old 18th April 2014, 07:18 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Quote:
You should pick up the whole collection for five bucks in the next Steam sale. Fallout 1 and 2 actually hold up pretty well in my book, Fallout 2 especially has a ton of great content and Fallout 1 has a really great antagonist.
I've got them both from an old collection disc from like 10 years ago, I dunno if it still works. I also have Fallout 1 and 2 from GoG, they were free a while back. Will definitely consider getting them on Steam.

I LOVED Fallout 2 because it was actually funny to me, and the NPC's blocking doors on you didn't cause ANY problems like it did in the first... At least to me. :I

Old 18th April 2014, 07:25 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
I LOVED Fallout 2 because it was actually funny to me, and the NPC's blocking doors on you didn't cause ANY problems like it did in the first... At least to me. :I
oh yeah, that was a minor feature that really made a difference. in Fallout 2 you could actually push NPCs out of the way, but in the original you had to just wait for them to move, IIRC.

Old 18th April 2014, 07:26 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthConker View Post
oh yeah, that was a minor feature that really made a difference. in Fallout 2 you could actually push NPCs out of the way, but in the original you had to just wait for them to move, IIRC.
Yup, you had to walk around and hope they moved too.

Old 20th April 2014, 06:40 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Played a little Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD. I'm not really fond of the HD re-imagining. Especially the engine, damn it unreal... And lack of customization for matches or ANYTHING.

Old 20th April 2014, 08:15 PM
Forever Mental

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Played a little Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD. I'm not really fond of the HD re-imagining. Especially the engine, damn it unreal... And lack of customization for matches or ANYTHING.
What really was annoying was how each match is like, 2 minutes.

I WAS TRYIN TO TRICK.

Old 20th April 2014, 09:02 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I guess everyone just forgot that the first game had no free-play modes and zero customization, but decided to choose that one for an HD rerelease anyways.

It could be worse though, they could have gone the Dungeon Keeper and Roller-coaster Tycoon route where they use the first game as a template but make half of the player abilities pay-per-use.

Old 20th April 2014, 10:25 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
What really was annoying was how each match is like, 2 minutes.

I WAS TRYIN TO TRICK.
You can't change the time limit for trick attack either! That's what disappointed me! We're stuck at 2 minutes. A quick game is all fine and good but when you can't change the time limit, that's messed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
I guess everyone just forgot that the first game had no free-play modes and zero customization, but decided to choose that one for an HD rerelease anyways.
I thought you could actually change the time limit and whatever in the first game though? I used to play it allllll the time with my brother.

There IS customization with skill point and ******* though. The gameplay just feels so wrong to me though. I'm thinking it's the engine. I honestly wish they could've given us SOME THINGS from THUG. Hell, even the later THSP games...

Old 21st April 2014, 12:34 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
The biggest problem with the larger number of HD remakes is that they are just ports. Banjo Kazooie for XBLA suffered from the Note glitch among others. Tony Hawk HD suffers from being a major step backwards. While the original two were technically competent for there time, the lack of being able to get off your board and the complete lack of the manual moves left me looking back and realizing how much the franchise was improving before it just stopped trying. American Wasteland will always be my favorite.

On topic I'm slowly moving through Bioshock. Even if I'm pretty sure I know the twist I don't know all the details so playing the game and having a vague idea makes every little detail more intriguing. Gameplay wise it's fun to explore the environments, but I still feel that they feel like levels as opposed to an actual city. If the city was fully explorable (not a sandbox, but closer) this game could have been vastly better. Even having a few moments like Infinite's Emporia.

Old 21st April 2014, 05:01 AM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Bravely Default has the length and complexity of some of the JRPG's from the "golden age" and even more complex in some ways, I'd argue. I'm 90 hours in and just got to the final boss. Though I'm on hard mode and the game just becomes unfair at times. Four bosses grouped together in one battle where they just pummel you turn after turn made things unbearable for a while

Old 21st April 2014, 08:59 AM
Forever Mental

You're Appreciated! 
Crash Bandicoot 3, Plants vs Zombies (AGAIN), and Spyro.

Me and StarFox picked em up on the PS Store, and they're freakin sweeeet!
Trying to get all the gems and ankhs in Crash 3 before I go to the next world!

Old 21st April 2014, 03:40 PM
Rare Witch Hero

And Urban Trials which is actually very fun :u

User Tag List