Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 29th June 2017, 07:36 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
I wonder if Jeanne D'Arc and Marie Antoinette are gonna make out

Old 30th June 2017, 10:04 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Looks like I'm getting the ending of F/SN where you get sent to prison

edit: This translation is good

Last edited by Solid Snix; 2nd July 2017 at 09:55 PM.

Old 3rd July 2017, 10:43 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
i'm glad you're enjoying f/sn snix

Old 4th July 2017, 05:24 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

me too

Old 7th July 2017, 01:00 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Fate Grand Order might be one of my favorite turn-based rpgs and I'd never thought I'd say that about a f2p mobile game.The battle system is easy to understand but deceptively complex.

Each of your Servants is assigned to a class. Each class is strong to certain classes while weak to others.

In battle you attack by picking three out of a set of cards. The face on the card determines who will attack while the color determines the bonus received. The bonus granted changes depending on when the card is played. The first card will give the next two cards a boost of its attribute, the second card has a stronger boost of its attribute, and the last card will have the strongest boost of its attribute.

These attributes are red for attack boost, blue for NP boost (fills gauge that lets you limit break,) and green will increase critical rate next turn.

Playing three cards of the same color will give an enormous boost of that attribute.

Meanwhile the dudes on your cards are important for damaging enemies. You're gonna wanna pick the dude strong against an enemy's class, but you gotta be careful, since if dude is played consecutively and kills an enemy, they will continue to attack the same dead enemy. This could be done strategically however, since an overkill bonus will grant additional np and critical chances.

If you play multiple dudes however, and dude 1 kills enemy 1, dude 2 will attack enemy 2. You can also play dude 1, kill enemy one, play dude 2 to damage enemy 2, and then play dude 1 again to finish off enemy one.

If you play the same dude 3 times, they will get a fourth attack with a boost of every affinity. This will still attack the same enemy.

However, if you use a limit break, then two cards of the same dude, and the limit break kills an enemy, they will move on to another enemy with three attacks, since you still get that fourth extra attack.

You can also use multiple character's limit breaks consecutively for a bonus. This will increase the strength of these skills, but you wanna avoid blowing your load in case you need someone's limit break later.

This isn't even mention character skills, which can be used freely until you play your cards and run on a turn cooldown. Playing the right skills at the right time can mean the difference between life and death. Don't play them too early, because you might not have them when you need them. But don't pop them too late, because it might already be too late.

To sum it all up, this Fate Grand Order has a surprising amount of depth and strategic planning. You have to decide what class of dudes you need for the perfect synergy, which affinity of cards you want to play in what order, the order of who is played, when to unleash your limit breaks, and when you should pop your skills. The system is pretty simple when you look at it, but there are so many possibilities, allowing so many ways to overpower the enemy as well as so many ways to **** up.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 7th July 2017 at 01:56 AM.

Old 18th July 2017, 07:10 PM
Forever Mental

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy makes me ***

also I have a PS4 now.

edit: i know theres the nsfw forum but we can't say the c word? like the man juice c word? didn't know that was really a swear. the more ya know!

Old 21st July 2017, 03:50 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Old 22nd July 2017, 02:17 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
After losing probably 10+ games, win 3 or 4 in a row in Overwatch,
>your account is now locked till august 2019.

LOL OKAY, shitty ****ing troll Blizzard.

Also both Bioshock 2 and Breath of the Wild froze the other day for absolutely no reason. Not my luck with games these past few days. Also Gamestop is, somehow, sold completely out of Nsane trilogy. Really????

Old 22nd July 2017, 02:36 AM
Formerly Chilli

>wishes it did
>>make it a reality

Old 22nd July 2017, 03:33 AM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Forgot how fun the Rock Band games were. Been playing that off/on for the past couple days with my sister and downloaded a few songs on the music store.

Old 22nd July 2017, 12:42 PM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I picked up A Link Between Worlds (Zelda). It's neat. I like how I can get all the stuff now and receive my exploration high immediately instead of clearing dungeons first. I don't die so renting stuff isn't a big deal. I do die in BotW a lot though. It's going to be a while before I can do that no death Master Mode run, but it will happen.

Also I too have been reading a VN. It's Chrono Clock, it's about this guy who has a watch that rewinds time by five minutes when he breaks it. He uses this power to talk to girls. One day some chick falls off the roof and dies so he rewinds time to see what that shit was about but I didn't do her route so none of that mattered. Instead protagonist turned his would-be girlfriend into a super villain who can be anywhere instantly, look like anyone, and can control time as well. One job, guy.
I think the game takes place somewhere between Trigger and Cross. I don't know for sure though, I haven't beat Cross yet.

Old 25th July 2017, 08:31 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
I been playing snowwwy bkn&b with colorful golfcarts yeayyyeyeay

Old 30th July 2017, 06:59 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Sherlock Holmes, as a mobile turned based rpg character

He is Doc Ocing with magnifying glasses and using them to shoot laser beams and it is really dumb but also somehow really cool

Old 1st August 2017, 10:30 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Rocket League
Still as good as ever and I'm getting really good at the game now. I'll be out of Gold and into Platinum rankings soon
Grand Theft Auto 5
Running into modders and getting money from them to buy an apartment and a ton of upgrades to my cars is a+, how did I never do this sooner??
Yoshi's Woolly World
Still good, but my Wii U is annoying sometimes and I have to plug it in somewhere else, then move it back to where I have it
Pokemon Sun
It's boring as hell and I fell asleep one night during a cutscene.
Pokemon Blue
I'm not even at Brock and I have a level 11 Butterfree. From this moment on, it's almost like a speed run. All hail Confusion
Urban Trials Freestyle
This game is horrible. I played it for 30 minutes. It doesn't even have multiplayer so what's the point?
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
I never played it before until fairly recently, where I bought a used PS3 from the flea market for $30. You get achievements for just starting the game. 10/10
Shellshock Live
Demolish your friends with hundreds of upgradable weapons shot from your customizable tank in this action-packed online multiplayer tanks game. Earn XP to level up and unlock new tanks, weapons, and gear. Fight against or alongside your friends for strategic team or free-for-all matches.
Super Mario World
Replaying it on my 3DS and I'm going the "clear every level and every hidden exit" route because I have no life and it's my favorite game ever.

Old 8th August 2017, 05:11 PM
Formerly Chilli

Playing Doomfist in competitive Overwatch brings out the cancer of the player base tenfold. Every game, regardless if I get PoTM, 3-4 gold/silver medals, the team will scream over mic, intentionally go all snipers and say they are throwing because we have a Doomfist, or actually LEAVE because 'Doomfist is garbage'. And then the healers won't heal, and scream every single time I die, even though the hero absolutely requires being healed on his escape, but that's above the intelligence of these shitty kids.

This should not be how platinum, diamond, and above act. Oh yeah, if you get reported 100 times now, Blizzard takes your account away permanently. I'm probably at around 80 reports just for playing heroes that the team either doesn't like, understand how to play, or wants to play themselves. Great to know a company can take your money and then ban you for playing the game well, catering to the trolls and children who, for some reason, are allowed online with that sort of behavior.

/rant

I need some better games to play with better communities. I wish TF2 still had a community, as I've never had more fun in some great servers back in the day.

User Tag List