Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 24th October 2014, 01:20 AM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpmdzHsC9-Y#t=55s

DmC level design.avi

Gotta say I'm digging the game more as it goes on - now that they've seemingly all but dropped the social commentary angle.

Old 24th October 2014, 11:35 PM

Beat DmC. Surprisingly good last third act. If they decide to not continue with this rebooted series, it fits comfortably within the dmc canon as a prequel - the legendary story of how Dante's hair became white.

Old 25th October 2014, 08:21 AM
Grunty's Reject

Trying to complete Dark Souls 2.

Old 25th October 2014, 03:48 PM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I got an exotic weapon (rarest type) in Destiny from a Legendary engram (second rarest type) so it was a pretty good day. But it was a primary shotgun, though, which didn't feel as good as my blue handcannon, so I'm actually not using it

Old 25th October 2014, 10:03 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Banjonator View Post
I got an exotic weapon (rarest type) in Destiny from a Legendary engram (second rarest type) so it was a pretty good day. But it was a primary shotgun, though, which didn't feel as good as my blue handcannon, so I'm actually not using it
Still have yet to get a damn exotic.

Old 25th October 2014, 10:21 PM

Bout to start Metal Gear Rising: Revenge of the Vengeance: Revengeance: Returns: Revolution

Old 25th October 2014, 11:05 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Colberto View Post
Bout to start Metal Gear Rising: Revenge of the Vengeance: Revengeance: Returns: Revolution
Remember to buy Defensive Offense as soon as you can unless you're doing some kind of crazy "no dodging" challenge run.

Old 25th October 2014, 11:08 PM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Still have yet to get a damn exotic.
I have never seen an exotic engram. Do they even exist or is it only possible to get them through legendaries

Old 25th October 2014, 11:15 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Banjonator View Post
I have never seen an exotic engram. Do they even exist or is it only possible to get them through legendaries
You supposedly can get exotic bounties. I'm just trying to grind what I can before Sunset Overdrive comes out Tuesday and I never play Destiny again.

Old 26th October 2014, 01:27 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

A recommendation for anyone who wants to check out the original Thief trilogy: Skip the first one and play Thief 2 and maybe 3 instead. Thief: The Dark Project/Gold really does suffer from the levels where you have to fight the undead as much as people say it does. Maybe not at first, but then they introduce skeleton dudes you have to sword fight, and it becomes clear why they changed focus to stealth and not sword fighting. (It's janky and broken as all ****)

Old 26th October 2014, 01:36 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I guess I'm just weird or something but I really liked ruins and haunted levels of Thief 1 for that Indiana Jones feel. You aren't forced to fight at all really, you can still sneak around the undead just like before and most of them are too slow to be a threat when there aren't tons of them. The JOIN US guys can be one-shotted by a hit to the back too, so it's better to actually sneak up on them than to fight them directly.
Thief 2 is definitely better overall, but I still think Thief 1 is a great game. I haven't played 3 or 4 yet, but I hear 3 is where the series went downhill with linear levels and constant loading screens.

Old 26th October 2014, 01:46 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
4 wasn't bad. I mean it's story was awful, but it was by no means bad.

Just finished up Shadow of Mordor and people are right when they say the final battle is awful. It set itself up for a sequel which will hopefully have more content as I cleared the game 100% with all the trophies in around 33 hours. Don't have much interest in the season pass as it seems that it'll be filled with a lot of stuff I'll never touch, but i'll certainly get the two story based add-ons.

Old 26th October 2014, 01:00 AM

Metal Gear Solid Rising is fuuuunnn but I think something is wrong with the game's timer. It says I've only been playing for 1 hour when I've definitely been playing for longer than that. Maybe it doesn't include cutscenes or codec calls or VR missions...? I dunno. It's just ever so slightly irksome.

Old 26th October 2014, 01:10 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
I guess I'm just weird or something but I really liked ruins and haunted levels of Thief 1 for that Indiana Jones feel. You aren't forced to fight at all really, you can still sneak around the undead just like before and most of them are too slow to be a threat when there aren't tons of them. The JOIN US guys can be one-shotted by a hit to the back too, so it's better to actually sneak up on them than to fight them directly.
Thief 2 is definitely better overall, but I still think Thief 1 is a great game. I haven't played 3 or 4 yet, but I hear 3 is where the series went downhill with linear levels and constant loading screens.
A lot of the enemies can be run past in the Bonehoard, but I'm finding that doing that in the second undead ruins level presents complications, due to a large amount of tight doorways and corridors. It's hard to sneak through the area due to a lack of good hiding spots, running away from enemies will cause them to corner you in small corridors, and a few cases, like the two spiders at the watchman's grave and the two skeletons in the one house where you find the Torc, are placed in such a way that you have no choice but to fight them.

The other things that I think drag down Thief 1 are it's map system that gives you less of a clear indication of your current position, which makes some levels such as the Thieves Guild and the Cathedral a pain in the ass, and a few bits like the third floor of Constantine's mansion, which is just blatant artificial difficulty centered around making it nearly impossible to stealth past all the patrolling guards due to a labyrinthine series of hallways and there being nothing but marble flooring on that entire floor.

As for Thief 4, nothing I've heard about it has sounded good in any way. What little gameplay I saw actually looked more linear than Thief 3, and Garret's character seemed a lot less charming. I can't judge it too much since I haven't played it, but if I get around to it, I'll go in with low expectations. The most positive thing I've heard about it overall is "it's pretty okay".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Colberto View Post
Metal Gear Solid Rising is fuuuunnn but I think something is wrong with the game's timer. It says I've only been playing for 1 hour when I've definitely been playing for longer than that. Maybe it doesn't include cutscenes or codec calls or VR missions...? I dunno. It's just ever so slightly irksome.
I don't know exactly, but I'm pretty sure the timer only counts time spent actively running around slicing dudes up.

Old 26th October 2014, 01:44 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I'll give you the second undead level since that one was pretty awful. I don't remember having any trouble in Constantine's mansion though, but that might have been because I knew about the trick that you can knock-out aggroed guards in total darkness. If I remember right, I baited the guards over to one of the holes you come up to the third floor from and then just ran to where the sword was since the sword is above a hole to the second floor.

I'm a lot more patient with video games than most people are though, so it usually takes something really shitty to turn me off from a game. Still, I don't think the problems in Thief 1 are enough to skip the game for them.

User Tag List