Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 3rd September 2014, 12:46 AM
Forever Mental

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Refried beans confirmed for Smash 4
Bullshit, dude, you obviously have no clue that 'Small Bowl of Guacamole' is the better character. He's getting confirmed. what moves would Refried Beans have?

Old 3rd September 2014, 12:52 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Jinjo View Post
If the padlock is a curved dick being spiked into a cube of shit they will.
Nintendo, I have a proposal for a possible treasure in Pikmin 4...

Old 3rd September 2014, 12:52 AM
formerly DemonLabRat

You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Bullshit, dude, you obviously have no clue that 'Small Bowl of Guacamole' is the better character. He's getting confirmed. what moves would Refried Beans have?
dude small bowl of guacamole is a ****ing clone of cheesy panini we don't need that
it'd be nice to see nintendo start to give a shit and bring back custard fajita tho

Old 3rd September 2014, 12:53 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
If the padlock is a curved dick being spiked into a cube of shit they will. When submitting photos to the ESRB, Nintendo is going to submit everything. Why would they not? Why would they say "let's send the picture with LESS things in it?"
Yeah, but it's just a regular ol' padlock and the inclusion/exclusion of one would not be relevant enough to warrant being needed to be seen by the ESRB. You don't need to show them all the assets.

Old 3rd September 2014, 12:54 AM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
IMG tags requested for this thread so we can post "... joins the battle!" pics.

Old 3rd September 2014, 01:24 AM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Yeah, but it's just a regular ol' padlock and the inclusion/exclusion of one would not be relevant enough to warrant being needed to be seen by the ESRB. You don't need to show them all the assets.
It's not about need - it's about what you do when you have a job. You work for NoA. They tell you to send screen shots of the game's content to ESRB for review. You have the option to get a picture of the All Stars button with the padlock or without the padlock. In what situation do you grab it without the padlock? Why would you ever consider photographing an image with LESS details in it? You wouldn't (or if you would, I wouldn't apply to NoA any time soon).

It's the same thing with the roster. Why would you unlock (keeping in mind you likely have a debug version of the game with a quick unlock button) 48 characters, stop, and take a screenshot? You wouldn't.

The padlock has no bearing on the characters.

If there are more characters, they were added or completed AFTER the ESRB photos were taken (The ESRB rating of E10 was given months ago).

Old 3rd September 2014, 01:29 AM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Nah, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the final roster. The ESRB said they don't receive the games they rate I believe. The guy that had this game was probably just playing through it and didn't unlock all the characters, hence the padlock. Could be wrong, but I'm gonna just assume that's the case

Old 3rd September 2014, 03:00 AM
Formerly Kazooie-Tooie

Total Awards: 6
Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
It's not about need - it's about what you do when you have a job. You work for NoA. They tell you to send screen shots of the game's content to ESRB for review. You have the option to get a picture of the All Stars button with the padlock or without the padlock. In what situation do you grab it without the padlock? Why would you ever consider photographing an image with LESS details in it? You wouldn't (or if you would, I wouldn't apply to NoA any time soon).

It's the same thing with the roster. Why would you unlock (keeping in mind you likely have a debug version of the game with a quick unlock button) 48 characters, stop, and take a screenshot? You wouldn't.

The padlock has no bearing on the characters.

If there are more characters, they were added or completed AFTER the ESRB photos were taken (The ESRB rating of E10 was given months ago).
a very good and sound argument, but the padlock does in fact have a bearing on the characters as nintendo said it's there until all are unlocked. The images were obviously taken by the leaker and not by nintendo given the low quality camera-pointed-at-a-tv images we got. why would the leaker take an image of the full roster but also take a picture of the game with an incomplete roster?

edit: (all characters have been in since the beginning, so someone at esrb knows them all. i'm doubtful on if this guy does, though)

Old 3rd September 2014, 04:36 AM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazooie-Tooie View Post
a very good and sound argument, but the padlock does in fact have a bearing on the characters as nintendo said it's there until all are unlocked. The images were obviously taken by the leaker and not by nintendo given the low quality camera-pointed-at-a-tv images we got. why would the leaker take an image of the full roster but also take a picture of the game with an incomplete roster?

edit: (all characters have been in since the beginning, so someone at esrb knows them all. i'm doubtful on if this guy does, though)
The leaker took photos of a video presentation being sent to the ESRB. You can tell by the fact that the top and bottom screens aren't separated as they would be on a real 3DS. That's the point - the video is a collection of images. It isn't all real time photos of a live 3DS. The All Star screen did not have to even be taken the same month as the roster screen.

Also, all characters were planned from day one, but they certainly weren't all programmed in and added to the character select screen from day one. Wolf and Jigglypuff were added in the last non-debugging month of Brawl. The six melee clones were added at the very end also.

Old 3rd September 2014, 07:45 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Not meaning to be disagreeing on anyone here; you guys fight your own battle I have no stance, but...

Quote:
You can tell by the fact that the top and bottom screens aren't separated as they would be on a real 3DS.
The 2DS only has one screen like that.
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 3rd September 2014, 08:36 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smouvy View Post
The 2DS only has one screen like that.
No it doesn't.

The image with both the top and bottom screens combined was a mock-up somebody made.

Old 3rd September 2014, 01:46 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
EDIT: Do we care about leak spoilers? I feel like we don't but I'll play it safe anyway.

Spoiler: (highlight to view)
Religion doesn't play a big role in ratings but Nintendo seems to care about it themselves so we get pics of the "Devil Car" and the like getting sent to the ESRB.
Tharja's booty might be too hot to handle for some so we get a nice close-up of that getting sent to the ESRB.
Specknose and Wario get sent because they may affect the rating for 'crude humor' or something.
We get pics of all the menus and modes to show a representation of what types of things are going to be happening in the game.
The spectator betting and intensity modes were likely shown due to gambling.

Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. are the only two newcomers left and could still be revealed before release. If not the case, they may have been sent because Jr uses cannons and weapons not used with any other characters and depending on how Duck Hunt plays, Nintendo could have been playing it safe with the violence since DH are the most "animal" animals in the game. If there are five hidden characters [or whatever] and they do not bring anything extreme or objectionable to the table, then NoA doesn't have to show the ESRB shit about them and doesn't have to risk them getting referenced in the ratings summary.

I find it much more likely that someone took a dev state of the game that did not have the full character selection, took pictures and video from there and it just so happened that it resulted in the padlock than someone going out of their way to put the game in that state specifically for the padlock and other similar 'locked' visuals.

I don't think Nintendo just told some employees to go scour the game for questionable material, I think they have been keeping tabs on things and requesting certain info from the dev/Japan side [as they are probably collecting similar info already for CERO] and already knew what to get.

In any case, I doubt anyone on the NoA or ESRB side was thinking, "Good thing that padlock is there, otherwise our rating could have been thrown out of whack." I doubt it was of any concern when the visuals were getting collected.

But still, the padlock could be there for any number of reasons. I just think it is the result of something else and not the cause.

Last edited by 1UP; 3rd September 2014 at 01:49 PM.

Old 3rd September 2014, 04:28 PM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
This game should be rated M for Mature on account of Shulk's bulge

Old 4th September 2014, 01:59 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Remember when Nintendo was making Smash Bros. 4 and not Super Mario Smash feat. Swordphux? Boy, those were the days. Here's what the roster might have looked like if Sakurai and his team weren't completely retarded:

EDIT: mentally add Banjo to my roster. I mean, as long as we're all dreaming, am I right?

Also, is it all but guaranteed that that horrendous leak is the final roster? I'm still holding out hope for a few more newcomers. I hate that Dr. Mario is returning, I hate that Dark Pit exists at all, and Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt look fun to play as but are pretty piss poor "final newcomer" material. Like, seriously? Your big, final reveal is the laughing dog instead of somebody that fans actually asked for? Ay ay ay...

Old 4th September 2014, 03:04 AM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
Remember when Nintendo was making Smash Bros. 4 and not Super Mario Smash feat. Swordphux? Boy, those were the days. Here's what the roster might have looked like if Sakurai and his team weren't completely retarded:

EDIT: mentally add Banjo to my roster. I mean, as long as we're all dreaming, am I right?

Also, is it all but guaranteed that that horrendous leak is the final roster? I'm still holding out hope for a few more newcomers. I hate that Dr. Mario is returning, I hate that Dark Pit exists at all, and Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt look fun to play as but are pretty piss poor "final newcomer" material. Like, seriously? Your big, final reveal is the laughing dog instead of somebody that fans actually asked for? Ay ay ay...

Hahaha

User Tag List