Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 24th April 2015, 01:19 AM
Bunnycomb

A question to people who own PS4 or Xbox One?

Does it still have crappy ads, social media construct and a annoying dashboard.

Unlike this beauty from 2006.

Just curious?

Old 24th April 2015, 03:49 AM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
PS4 is ad-free on the home page, but obviously you're going to see some ads for new games when you visit the PSN Store. Starting the system and launching games/apps won't make you see any though.

Can't speak for the X1 though.

Old 24th April 2015, 04:42 AM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Xbox One has a "featured" section visible from the home screen, but it's honestly never bothered me since it just shows new games that are coming out or when the free Gold games are available. Also makes sense since the store is right off the home. FWIW though, the NXE and the XB1 interface are so much better than the blades. Don't let nostalgia let you forget how painfully slow it could be at times.

Old 24th April 2015, 05:14 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Xbox One has a "featured" section visible from the home screen, but it's honestly never bothered me since it just shows new games that are coming out or when the free Gold games are available. Also makes sense since the store is right off the home. FWIW though, the NXE and the XB1 interface are so much better than the blades. Don't let nostalgia let you forget how painfully slow it could be at times.
It wasn't slow. You basically slided forth and back, went up and down. I don't get why you think so?. I used it before it got changed, and it worked smoothly and perfect. The new stuff is more like an atempt to make social media and nonsensical movie jukebox ads with how the dashboard looks like, with what trend machine that gaming consoles are evolved into.

I mean i think this is what happens when you turn stuff that started as a hobby, and make it into a corperate trend fest machinery. And this is the result.

And speaking of slow... on Xbox 360, everytime i sign in with the new dashboard it can take about 1 min before it actually signs in because sometimes it has a really slow reaction to connection. On the old it took less than 5 sec from my memory, if there was an error in connecting to the network, then likely about 10 or 15 sec it would give a message. When i used LAN cabel. Atleast that was better too be honest.

Last edited by Rokai; 24th April 2015 at 05:18 PM.

Old 24th April 2015, 05:56 PM
North American Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokai View Post
It wasn't slow. You basically slided forth and back, went up and down. I don't get why you think so?. I used it before it got changed, and it worked smoothly and perfect. The new stuff is more like an atempt to make social media and nonsensical movie jukebox ads with how the dashboard looks like, with what trend machine that gaming consoles are evolved into.
As usual Rokai, you make no sense. I have no idea what "movie jukebox ads" are and there definitely isn't any social media on the dashboard. But with the Xbox One I can run multiple things at once, search for matchmaking and get a note when my game is ready, stream from the console... So while there are things that don't work perfectly, it's without question an improvement. (And I've actually used both, unlike yourself.)

Old 24th April 2015, 06:34 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
As usual Rokai, you make no sense. I have no idea what "movie jukebox ads" are and there definitely isn't any social media on the dashboard. But with the Xbox One I can run multiple things at once, search for matchmaking and get a note when my game is ready, stream from the console... So while there are things that don't work perfectly, it's without question an improvement. (And I've actually used both, unlike yourself.)
Ok.. so i don't have Xbox One because the only game i've been kinda interested in is "Ryse: Son of Rome". But one game isn't worth it, so i'll wait.

Well... i guess this would work as a commercial for "Bunch of things that will distract you from enjoying a game". I mean if you are into facebook and things that begs to be looked at in the eye corner, then yeah. This is an improvement i guess.
https://youtu.be/1EMm6hYafNM

Old 24th April 2015, 06:43 PM
North American Scum

What are you talking about with Facebook? If you just want to play a game you can just do that, but the other features are very useful. (And there's no social media there.. so wtf are you on about)

Old 24th April 2015, 06:56 PM
Bunnycomb

That doesn't mean it can't open up the possibility for it. I mean its a friggin app machine already, it basically feels like you are on a phone non-stop.

I have reasons to think you only like it 'cause it has Twitch app or something so that you can record easily and let the machine do all the work for you.

Old 24th April 2015, 07:06 PM
North American Scum

I've never used the app to stream Twitch.. and your issue is apparently that it can run different applications? Seriously?

Old 24th April 2015, 07:10 PM
Bunnycomb

Nah. Its just that when i play on consoles, looking at the dashboard. I don't want to think of phone zombies or facebook users in general.

http://wearelovely.com/wp-content/up...B-Zombies1.png

Old 24th April 2015, 07:41 PM
North American Scum

Right, I don't know how many times I have to say that there is no Facebook app or anything like that on the system or the dashboard. I guess I should stop attempting to have a real discussion with you anyway, since you appear to just be an advanced Chinese spambot.

Old 24th April 2015, 07:56 PM
Bunnycomb

But phone users are facebook slaves, you seem to misunderstand experience feeling from that that gets transformed onto consoles, and an actual thing that are on phones. I am an advanced ultimate life form obviously. I love nature, i have sorta distaste for digitalization in general. Due to the garbage on the net.

But i don't mind if people wanna think of me as a bot though, even though i claim otherwise

Last edited by Rokai; 24th April 2015 at 07:58 PM.

Old 25th April 2015, 02:39 AM
Lord of Games

Total Awards: 2
Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
http://bit.ly/1FkStlj

User Tag List