Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 27th April 2012, 01:36 AM
Glowbo

Should there be a BK arcade game/unit?

Should there be a Banjo Kazooie Arcade game and if so what would you like in it? (besides the components that makes it work obviously!)

How would it likely be different then the home version?

I normally am not into arcade machines much because they are basically gambling but this would be an exception because well it's Banjo Kazooie!

Old 27th April 2012, 12:24 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
Double post... why?

Old 27th April 2012, 07:43 PM
Most Creative Member ('13 - '14)

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
The correct answer is no.
Also, you've lost me entirely on your concept that playing on an arcade machine is equivalent to gambling. I have never received money from an arcade machine I was winning on, and I doubt that's why people give them money in the first place. Perhaps you have mistaken video-poker for a typical arcade cabinet, but it is not. Arcade video games are created to give people exciting interactive entertainment in a popular environment in exchange for a small incentive (money) exchanged from the target consumer. The person playing may or may not enjoy the experience, but this can allow people who like the gameplay to be a continued consumer for the franchise. Same goes for purchasing video games for home consoles, except the consumer owns a full copy of the game that he or she can play however much they would like for a highly increased price (¢50 vs $59.99). Saying that that is gambling is like saying purchasing a ticket to a movie is gambling and should be outlawed because we are paying money for entertainment that we don't always know if we'll enjoy.

Sorry if there are any problems on the article I wrote. I'm on my cell phone, and this text-box view interface is incredibly disorganized.

dA | YouTube | Twitter | Tumblr | SoundCloud | Flickr | Donate

Old 27th April 2012, 08:28 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajextryus View Post
The correct answer is no.
Also, you've lost me entirely on your concept that playing on an arcade machine is equivalent to gambling. I have never received money from an arcade machine I was winning on, and I doubt that's why people give them money in the first place. Perhaps you have mistaken video-poker for a typical arcade cabinet, but it is not. Arcade video games are created to give people exciting interactive entertainment in a popular environment in exchange for a small incentive (money) exchanged from the target consumer. The person playing may or may not enjoy the experience, but this can allow people who like the gameplay to be a continued consumer for the franchise. Same goes for purchasing video games for home consoles, except the consumer owns a full copy of the game that he or she can play however much they would like for a highly increased price (¢50 vs $59.99). Saying that that is gambling is like saying purchasing a ticket to a movie is gambling and should be outlawed because we are paying money for entertainment that we don't always know if we'll enjoy.

Sorry if there are any problems on the article I wrote. I'm on my cell phone, and this text-box view interface is incredibly disorganized.
No, what you wrote is really intelligent and spot on, and I completely agree with you!

Old 8th May 2012, 02:17 AM
Glowbo

I don't know how this became a double post because I was only going to edit my title as it didn't turn out quite right then I hit *post* to have the brand new edit but somehow 2 threads came up.

Will someone from the higher end that has the controls please merge these topics into one?

I only prefer the classic games because 1 they are only a quarter and 2 there is something special about them so it isn't really that much of a money waste but the newer arcade games from the late 90s onward are money wasters where you only get 3 minutes of gameplay before you put in 1 dollar and that was 10 years ago at a mall arcade place that closed down.

I wonder if it's gone up to 2 dollars now due to the hyper inflation.

My arcade place is BullWinkles Fun Center as they have theirs set for 3 credits and 2 credits to continue. For 10 dollars you can get 20 tokens.

Last edited by Kyle; 8th May 2012 at 02:23 AM.

Old 9th May 2012, 09:20 PM
Formerly GoldenJiggies

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B2K1 
I'd buy a machine if there was.

User Tag List