Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Closed Thread

Old 15th June 2012, 01:07 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
I'm bored and might start playing again soon. Might I ask for build permission? Account is JC_Creeper, same as always.

Old 15th June 2012, 06:46 AM
Retired Quake Legend

Total Awards: 1
RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjonator_Dude View Post
I'm bored and might start playing again soon. Might I ask for build permission? Account is JC_Creeper, same as always.
I think you still have build rights...but I'll check when I'm on

Old 17th June 2012, 10:30 PM
Glowbo

I was reading about the mcmmo mod, specifically excavation (http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/Excavation), and I was wondering if the finding random objects is turned off, or broken or what. I remember using it before some update or other and getting glowstone dust from dirt, but it doesn't seem to be working/on anymore, and I was curious. I liked it.

Old 17th June 2012, 10:37 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Mark wasn't a fan of it so he disabled it.

I'm also curious when the next server update comes out, will the spawn area be placed near a village for easy trading with the testificates or anything like that?

Old 18th June 2012, 12:03 PM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
I noticed the AFK booting was taken off, I forgot I was logged on and must have been afk for an hour or two the other night >.<

Old 18th June 2012, 11:14 PM
Retired Quake Legend

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I was reading about the mcmmo mod, specifically excavation (http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/Excavation), and I was wondering if the finding random objects is turned off, or broken or what. I remember using it before some update or other and getting glowstone dust from dirt, but it doesn't seem to be working/on anymore, and I was curious. I liked it.
mcMMO has been reset to default settings a fer minutes ago. Hopefully the drop rate is not as generous as it used to be be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTurnbull272 View Post
I noticed the AFK booting was taken off, I forgot I was logged on and must have been afk for an hour or two the other night >.<
Yes, it was removed when I removed all the multi-spawner monster traps...not one of my better ideas for the shop to sell spawners. People were sitting on their monster traps getting lots of stuff (which wasnt a problem), however the server will only let a certain number of mobs spawn making cave exploring mostly free from mobs...ie it was to easy to explore underground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post

I'm also curious when the next server update comes out, will the spawn area be placed near a village for easy trading with the testificates or anything like that?
Only by good luck will there be a village near by, but I will be looking a island to put the city (with plenty of room to expand) and using world guard to reserve all of the island for the city. The only building on the island will be for those that buy land with the city (or already own a block).

Catherine and I always build around a village, perhaps everyone may want to do this to have their own traders close by, could be a race to explore and claim any nearby villages.

Perhaps even create a new world with the extra-large biome option. Any one tried this in single player yet?

Whenever the update is, I'll probably take the server offline for a day or two while I setup worldguard regions and the online map.

Old 18th June 2012, 11:45 PM
Retired Quake Legend

RWP Donator 
I have just updated bukkit to DEVELOPMENT build R4.1/#2237 (MC 1.2.5)

Old 19th June 2012, 12:27 PM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
Wow I just encountered a spider jockey for the first time. At first I thought it was a glitch I didn't even know these existed! lol

Old 20th June 2012, 02:00 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 3
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery One 
I'm wondering if some things will be carried over to the new map.

account balances?
mcmmo stats?
will we be able to use as many monster spawners as we currently have?

Old 20th June 2012, 05:49 AM
Retired Quake Legend

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafeon View Post
I'm wondering if some things will be carried over to the new map.

account balances?
mcmmo stats?
will we be able to use as many monster spawners as we currently have?
Your not supposed to have any monster spawners

Old 20th June 2012, 11:11 AM
Retired Quake Legend

RWP Donator 
Server lag

Wayne, Breegul and myself did some checking of the installed the plugins if the were causing any problems, the conclusion is no. The Lag comes and go's for no apparent reason. At the moment there is no problem, if it continues I'll ask the host if they can can look into it.

Old 20th June 2012, 11:11 PM
Retired Quake Legend

RWP Donator 
Showcase items

The plugin ShowcaseStandalone is what is used to create all the floating items in the shop (and in my chest room for those who have seen it), the plugin has just been updated and of course its not compatible with the original setup. It will take me a little while to get all the showcase items working again.

However you can still sell/buy items from the shop, as the shop uses the plugin chestshop. Showcase is what makes the shop look good.

The shop may plugin may change when 1.3 is released, as there is another shop plugin I've been watching for some time that has dynamic pricing. The price of items will change automatically depending on the demand for items, eg if there is a lot of redstone sold to the shop, the price will drop.

Old 21st June 2012, 10:24 PM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
I don't know if somebody thought it would be a prank or something...but all of the torches in my house as well as a bunch outside and in my tunnels and farms have been taken. I really know understand why, but whatever.

Also, I was wondering if anybody had any dyes they'd be willing to part with or sell, I only need a few of each type as I'm working on a sheep farm, but I'd like to have them handy.

Old 21st June 2012, 11:04 PM
Retired Quake Legend

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTurnbull272 View Post
I don't know if somebody thought it would be a prank or something...but all of the torches in my house as well as a bunch outside and in my tunnels and farms have been taken. I really know understand why, but whatever.

Also, I was wondering if anybody had any dyes they'd be willing to part with or sell, I only need a few of each type as I'm working on a sheep farm, but I'd like to have them handy.
Problem solved, player removed.

Every block or item placed or removed is recorded. Its to easy to see who did what.

Old 21st June 2012, 11:06 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 3
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery One 
Wow seriously, banning me over something like that?

Come on, Mark. It was just a joke.

Last edited by Leafeon; 22nd June 2012 at 01:02 AM.

Closed Thread

User Tag List
, Aaron Anderson, Abuelo RPG, Alice, Angry Ancestor, BanjoMaster, BanjoPL, Benihana, BKGeno4Ever, BlueytheWalrus, Brian, Coey890, cpleshek, DarthConker, Deltonax, Eggbert, Erevan, hardband, Husky, Jiggy Giratina, Jigsaw Master, Lockdown728, Mega Man, pantherdude, Pies