Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Closed Thread

Old 28th August 2005, 08:24 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
The FF Thread

OK, I think (and I think there are others who think the same) that FF might still be in the game, unlocked with cheats or legitamately (sp?). Talk about it here, post your theories/facts/whatever.

I think that the Advent Calendar near FP surely has something to do with it, partly because of the music track labeled "Advent". I mean, if it isn't used, then how come it wasn't completely removed? I also think that other music track (Mumbo's Raindance or something of the sort) could tie in with FF.

Another thing that is odd is the pic of Banjo at FF. It was obviously taken in-game.

I think that the level might be unlocked by a triggered event (possibly in FP, but it could be anywhere)

Unfortunately, the GS codes that came with my BK rom won't let me past the notedoor near the big Grunty statue and I can't get the warp thing figured out, so I can't look at FP on the rom.

I don't know, maybe I am looking too far into the whole FF thing, but I think it might be in there and I'm sure some of the BK hacking gurus on here could make some serious progress on it if they really wanted to look for it.

I'll shut up now.

Old 28th August 2005, 08:26 PM
Dingpot

Fungi Forest? Seriously, it would be almost immpossible for us to have missed an ENTIRE LEVEL for so long.

Old 28th August 2005, 08:30 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Note Medal 
Well, I say that because GBTG has that instruction list on that chalkboard. I also say that because I think that I read in a thread that game code was hidden or something until you found the trigger or something. GAH GS stuff confuses me!

Old 28th August 2005, 08:38 PM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
lol...I'm right there with you, vaticandrummer. I'm right there with you!

-daniel

Old 28th August 2005, 08:43 PM
Dingpot

You can't hide game code. We would have found something as big as an entire level by now.

Old 28th August 2005, 08:50 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Note Medal 
Ah, I see.

This makes me really wish we had a beta BK cart.

Old 28th August 2005, 08:51 PM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Ahhh...true, though.

-daniel

Old 28th August 2005, 09:43 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Note Medal 
I was looking at the GameShark codes and found many FREEZE digits. What if one of these freeze digits were triggers for something special like FF?

Old 29th August 2005, 12:48 AM
Bunnycomb

I may have a theory. There is a hill in the room with the Advent Calender. Could someone try using wireframe to look behind it?

Old 29th August 2005, 01:08 AM
Brash Breegull

RWP Note Medal 
I just looked in wireframe and I couldn't find anything interesting.

But, we may need to trigger an event first before we see anything, just like the barrel in MMM.

EDIT: I just listened to Advent a while ago and it has some sort of 'bells' in it that the FP tunes have. I seriously think that there is/was a connection.

Old 29th August 2005, 05:49 AM
Alumni Staff

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenquinDude
it would be almost immpossible for us to have missed an ENTIRE LEVEL for so long.
And it took Sub and Ice what, eight years to find Citadel in Goldeneye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenquinDude
You can't hide game code.
As long as code is never executed, it could be considered hidden. Unless you can look at hex and know precisely what is happening I point again, this time to Bottles' Revenge, which we didn't think existed, but turns out it was hidden the whole time.

Old 29th August 2005, 10:05 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Note Medal 
This is true...but we would have to find the trigger or something, right? Hell, I don't even know how to start that.

I mean, why would Rare use up extra space for songs and items and areas in-game that aren't normally accessable? It doesn't add up, as I'm sure they could have used the extra room for something.

Old 29th August 2005, 10:15 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriskalGuilo
And it took Sub and Ice what, eight years to find Citadel in Goldeneye?

As long as code is never executed, it could be considered hidden. Unless you can look at hex and know precisely what is happening I point again, this time to Bottles' Revenge, which we didn't think existed, but turns out it was hidden the whole time.
I thought Citadel was found long ago. We just actually made it into a playable level now. It just used to have no Collision Detection. I still think we would have found it by now, though, or at least a hint of it, other than one picture. Haven't we acessed all the textures and models now? We definatly would have found something there.

Old 29th August 2005, 10:45 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Note Medal 
Damn, I still think there is something odd, or rather ironic about the whole Advent/FF-FP thing. I don't know, maybe it's just me and I need to shut up about the whole thing.

What does everyone else think about this whole FF-FP thing?

Old 29th August 2005, 10:54 PM
Dingpot

About the songs not being removed, stuff like that happens a lot in games. Removing it would require a ton of effort, even if it is just a song, so if it's something small like a song or a small test level, and it won't affect anything, they leave it in.

Closed Thread

User Tag List