Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 16th June 2005, 04:56 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Well, I've all of the sudden become interested...

Well, I've all of the sudden become interested (that was odd) in the XBox. I don't have one (please don't hurt me), but there is a video game store near me that lets you play XBox in a huge room, with a projector, vibrating chairs, and all that other crap. Any way, I have the money... Should I wait for the 360? If it is backwards compatible, then I will wait (there are some games for the first XBox I want), but if it isn't, should i get the XBox?

Basically what I'm asking is this. Is the XBox 360 going to be backwards compatible?

Old 16th June 2005, 05:40 AM
Clanker

Don't know, but if I were you: I would wait. I have an x-box and it's main use is playing DVDs. I barely play any games on it. But if it's backwards compatible, then you should definatly go with the 360.
Member since 2001. Don't believe the lies. I remember the great shut down event of the forums... all them long months of horrific silence... until forums version 3 came out! *rocks in chair* punch anyone? ;P

Old 16th June 2005, 08:00 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
From what i've heard they're still working out the whole backwards compatibility idea. Some games may not be. In any case I'm planning on getting a 360, it's far past time I played against my fellow RWPers. (though I'll need to practice for a bit before I let them school me online...)
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 16th June 2005, 02:08 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Only the "popular" Xbox games will be backwards compatable from what I understand.

Old 16th June 2005, 06:31 PM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakey Wake
Only the "popular" Xbox games will be backwards compatable from what I understand.
That may or may not include the halo series because thats quite border lined. I think some 3rd-party companies will definitly NOT have backwards compatability because they aren't Microsoft themselves. But the games by Microsoft will most definitly be backwards compatible.

but thats just what I think!
Member since 2001. Don't believe the lies. I remember the great shut down event of the forums... all them long months of horrific silence... until forums version 3 came out! *rocks in chair* punch anyone? ;P

Old 16th June 2005, 08:23 PM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva PiƱata TiP Mastery 
It depends where you read >_>'

Some place say "X-box 360 will be fully backwards compatible!".

Other places say that because there is a new company working on the chips (ATI) that the games can't be backwards compatible, but a new X-box 360 version of the game can be purchased.

I think IGN even has up both articles (?!). So I think it is a "wait and see" type of deal.

Old 16th June 2005, 09:14 PM
Formerly Banjo's Banjo

Total Awards: 2
Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilBottles
Well, I've all of the sudden become interested (that was odd) in the XBox. I don't have one (please don't hurt me), but there is a video game store near me that lets you play XBox in a huge room, with a projector, vibrating chairs, and all that other crap. Any way, I have the money... Should I wait for the 360? If it is backwards compatible, then I will wait (there are some games for the first XBox I want), but if it isn't, should i get the XBox?
I basically do the same thing: Go to this one gaming store and play Halo 2 there. Because I had no urge to buy any of the current generation systems (X-box, GCN, PS2), this turned out to be a great alternative. This way I can play in huge lan games and not actually have to buy anything.

Old 17th June 2005, 03:35 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 9
Reminiscence Chatterbox RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast 
I would wait for the Xbox 360, especially if there aren't any games that interest you.

User Tag List