RWP Minecraft Server
Go Back   The RWP Forums > General > Media Shack

Media Shack Film nuts, music maestros and TV junkies - jump on in the media frenzy and get with the gossip of all the latest acts you can't afford to miss.

Old 28th March 2012, 01:29 AM
Mingy Jonjo

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I loved the first episode. I can't wait for the first time when Korra talks to Aang's spirit. I wonder if they'll show him as a child or as an adult.
While I was out investigating, I found a new test element.It's never been used for human testing because, apparently, it causes heart failure.It doesn't say anything about lump of coal failure,though, so you should be fine.

Old 28th March 2012, 01:41 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 9
Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence Wiki-Master Rarity 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyo76 View Post
Nice catch.. I thought her main bending was fire at first, then water, but just now I figured she's earth because she's having trouble with air.
How does the cycle of avatars go? When a new one is born I know their main elements go in a cycle.
She is a water bender by birth. The cycle is Air, Water, Earth, Fire, repeat.
We know it was Roku(possibly spelled wrong)from the fire nation who's life lead to the 100 years war that his successor Aang dealt with in the previous seasons. I forget where specifically it was stated that Roku came after an Earth Bender(Avatar Kyoshi?), but yeah, that means that a Water Bender was guaranteed to be next Avatar, and it's pretty obvious she was a water bender based on her home in the Water Tribe.

Last edited by Breegullbeak; 28th March 2012 at 01:49 AM.

Old 28th March 2012, 01:45 AM
Grunty's Reject

Whos Aang? 0A0

Old 28th March 2012, 01:53 AM
King Jingaling

INFECTED - B2K1 
Ignoring that.
I suppose that avatars have more trouble bending things opposite to their personality then, now that I remember..
EDIT: The Banjonator He died adult, I'd say that.

Last edited by qwertyo76; 28th March 2012 at 01:58 AM.

Old 28th March 2012, 03:45 AM
Von Kriplespac

Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One Imagination RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyo76 View Post
Some of you may not realize that episode three is on the same first link at this point.
Its not, its just a placeholder. And, Korra is a Water Bender at first then she learned earth and fire pretty quickly as you can see in the first episode.

Really looking forward to seeing if Zuko is still alive.

Last edited by Korra; 28th March 2012 at 03:48 AM.

Old 28th March 2012, 04:07 AM
King Jingaling

INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korra View Post
Its not, its just a placeholder. And, Korra is a Water Bender at first then she learned earth and fire pretty quickly as you can see in the first episode.

Really looking forward to seeing if Zuko is still alive.
Quote:
Some of you may not realize that episode three is on the same first link at this point.
Quote:
qwertyo76 may not have realized that the episode three link doesn't have the episode on it yet. Sorry.
But qwertyo76 already stated that qwertyo76 may not have realized that the episode three link doesn't have the episode on it yet, and qwertyo76 apologized for qwertyo76 not knowing that qwertyo76..has...qwer- qwerrrrr- qwertyo..76.
Also I should have been able to figure the cycle out.. Must do better!

Old 28th March 2012, 05:08 AM
Von Kriplespac

Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One Imagination RWP Donator 
its okay we forgive you.

Old 28th March 2012, 05:34 AM
Honorary Most Underappreciated Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Banjonator View Post
I loved the first episode. I can't wait for the first time when Korra talks to Aang's spirit. I wonder if they'll show him as a child or as an adult.
I'm looking forward to that as well. I think he'll probably be at least a bit older than in the original show, since I'm not sure that Korra would take him as seriously if he was this little kid.

I wonder how much longer it will be until she goes into the Avatar state.

Old 28th March 2012, 05:54 AM
LoMoNoCrAt LoMoNoCrAt is offline 1 Highscore
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 4
Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I watched those a few days ago. Pro bending is so awesome! I don't understand why everyone in the Avatar universe is so fireproof, though. I understand that firebenders can manipulate the flames away from themselves, and water/airbenders could concievebly combat a flame with their own elements, but it's not often that you see an earthbender put a layer of earth between them in a flame, the flame just doesn't seem to affect them other than physically knocking them back.

Are there only four living Airbenders?

Old 28th March 2012, 06:04 AM
Member of the Year '11 - '12

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoMoNoCrAt View Post
Are there only four living Airbenders?
I'm thinking so, Aang was the last one prior. o:

Old 28th March 2012, 06:06 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Yeah the only Airbenders are the ones directly in Aangs family because all of the others died out/were killed by the Fire Nation.

Along with the Pro-Bending, I think they dull down their flames so that they don't burn too deep. Plus those pads are possible flame resistant and the person at the receiving end of a flame only gets the brunt force of it without the burn.

Old 28th March 2012, 06:17 AM
LoMoNoCrAt LoMoNoCrAt is offline 1 Highscore
Jolly Rodger

Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I didn't think they had any control over the temperature of the flame, just the size/shape and direction. I could be wrong, though.

Am I right in thinking that benders can't produce their own element (i.e a firebender cannot 'make' fire, he/she has to be near a fire)? I didn't watch a lot of the The Last Airbender, and may be getting it confused with a character from X Men.

Old 28th March 2012, 06:46 AM
Best Rarely Active Member '10 - '11

INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoMoNoCrAt View Post
I didn't think they had any control over the temperature of the flame, just the size/shape and direction. I could be wrong, though.

Am I right in thinking that benders can't produce their own element (i.e a firebender cannot 'make' fire, he/she has to be near a fire)? I didn't watch a lot of the The Last Airbender, and may be getting it confused with a character from X Men.
In the series, firebenders can make fire. If I remember correctly, it's their chi that does it.

Old 28th March 2012, 01:42 PM
Honorary Most Underappreciated Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
In the series, firebenders can make fire. If I remember correctly, it's their chi that does it.
Yeah, and in the stupid movie, they changed that for no reason at all. That pissed me off.

Old 28th March 2012, 03:25 PM
Jinjo

That was great! It's so awesome, all the different variations of bending. Also, very cool how pro bending utilizes a lot of the tricks masters used to simplify forms to the point of being formless. Hiliarous how much the place looks like a PokÚstadium.
Also, nifty to see that the biggest trouble she had with airbending was how it was so tied to the spiritual aspect she is entirely lacking. Even in the intro they make no mention of how the most important role of the Avatar was that they could communicate with the spirit world. It seems that vulnerability is going to play a huge role in this series.
Metalbending rocks! The line-and-cable suits are really cool and practical concidering the bending. Plus, they have a lot of the finesse you saw with the Dai Li fighting style. The prison borrows a bit from Magneto, but seriously very very cool stuff.

Ba Sing Se was always my favorite part of the previous series, especially nearing its downfall. Awesome this series is doing something very similiar.

Have to say, I sort of imagine (outside the obligatory "how I died" flashback) Aang would be one to say something like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aang
It's really easy to kill people as the Avatar. Really, really easy.
One awesome thing is an old Kitara. Honestly I couldn't stand her character, but there was this one tiny thing about her: she looks like Hama.
See, if you notice, in the series everyone who is a bender is a child of at least one bender with one glaring exception: Kitara. The otherwise last bender in the southern tribe was Hama, who has a lot of the same personality defects Kitara does, a funny repore with her, and more importantly looks a whole heck of a lot more like her than either 'parent'. Sokka, on the other hand, is definately their child.

I'm almost surprised they didn't come up with unactualized air benders being born elsewhere and loop that into the revival of the air tribe. If you notice eyecolor is an indicator of bendability, especially in Korra. Grey eyes are the air nation indicator, as well as a propensity for acrobatics and the swirly avoidance motions they made a big point of in episode 2. There were several characters that displayed all these attributes, especially Tai Li. Then again, if it could be carried recessively then Kitara doesn't have to be Hama's kid.
I mean, they did bring sky bisons and flying lemurs back from extinction...

Firebending is a funny thing. They can burn things, but it's only when you have no control whatsoever. What, three, four cases in the entire first series? Firebending seems the closest to direct chibending. Notice the chi-kill move, a simple nasty chop. When the fish was killed, that flame went dowhere near it--it didn't even break the water surface--yet the fish was dead. Shear force, much like the blasts that strike people down. A bit of heat, more as a carrier, for the actual blow. Only when you are unfocused or very deliberate about burning someone does it happen.

Also, airbender air conditioning. Funny that. Airbenders are perfectly comfortable in their wear regardless of conditions. You can be in the arctic or inside a volcano but no, you're perfectly fine.

Last edited by spoondiddly; 28th March 2012 at 03:32 PM.

User Tag List