Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 3rd June 2006, 11:12 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Hardest part of DK64?

What do you think are the hardest parts of DK64?

For me,
1. That ****ing b*tch the bug you have to race as Tiny in Angry Aztec while SLIDING and collecting 50 ****ing coins.. I STILL CAN'T ****ING BEAT THAT ****ING PEIECE OF ****ING S**T!!
2. DK Arcade Part II (for the Nintendo Coin)

What are yours?

Old 3rd June 2006, 11:16 PM
Dingpot

Yes, the bug race was just madness. >_<

DK Arcade wasn't so easy either.

Old 4th June 2006, 12:24 AM
Jinjo

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
I hate this mini-game...
You're a crocodile and there is a hole in the center. You must throw the animals in the hole... I wasted a lot of time with this =(

Old 4th June 2006, 01:14 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Klaptrap Shepherd or something like that.
XD
I actually like that minigame. Instead of chasing the gnawties, you have to spin around them. I figure it out on the very first try. =)
The time limit is too strict though.

But the one where you must guide a minecart and avoid the TNT ones in a track viewed from the top... that one was quite anal.

And climbing to the top of the machinery in Frantic Factory... Thanks to the camera, that has to be my worst DK experience yet.

Last edited by LaorBR; 4th June 2006 at 01:16 AM.

Old 4th June 2006, 01:40 AM
Holy thunderforce

INFECTED - B2K1 
The last banana I got was the one inside that fish in the whatever it was called water level.
Diddy seemed unable to stop the stupid rotors no matter how many times I hit them with the peanuts and I was hitting them in the good way, probably a stupid bug of the game or something similar =__=

Old 4th June 2006, 05:55 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiraCo***e
I hate this mini-game...
You're a crocodile and there is a hole in the center. You must throw the animals in the hole... I wasted a lot of time with this =(
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. I hate that one, too.

I think it was called Beaver Bother or some crap.

Old 4th June 2006, 06:35 AM
Top Quality Poster '07 - '08

Total Awards: 6
Reminiscence INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 3 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Oh... Beaver Bother!! Yes, that is the name of that foul little mini-game. There were two bonus barrels in Creepy Castle which contained very hard versions of Beaver Bother, and they were SO FRUSTRATING. They nearly drove me mad trying to beat them, and they took me forever. I swear, they were INSANE.

The DK Arcade, round 2, was also very difficult.

And that dang racing bug- gah! What a pain!

DK64 has a multitude of extremely difficult and frustrating parts. There are many other mini-games and challenges which gave me a lot of trouble and nearly caused me to rip my hair out in anger when I first tried to beat them years ago. But at least, when you finally beat these things, you get a true sense of accomplishment. I've heard some people say they "quit" at DK64 when they reached the DK arcade, for instance. But the truly devoted people keep trying and trying until they get it. And when you make it past, you really feel like you did something great.

Old 4th June 2006, 01:48 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess J
Oh... Beaver Bother!! Yes, that is the name of that foul little mini-game. There were two bonus barrels in Creepy Castle which contained very hard versions of Beaver Bother, and they were SO FRUSTRATING. They nearly drove me mad trying to beat them, and they took me forever. I swear, they were INSANE.
I also hated Beaver Bother, it was really frustrating having to get those stubborn things into the hole in Frantic Factory.

Plus, the cabin in Crystal Caves with all those spotlights. You get in with Chunky Kong, and you have to get past all those spotlights if I can recall, and if you stand in the spotlights you have ONE second to escape.

And that igloo also in Crystal Caves with the spinning spike wall. If you touched it, you would lose one full melon.

deviantART Profile | YouTube Channel

Old 4th June 2006, 06:29 PM

Reminiscence INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 3 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoSonic
I also hated Beaver Bother, it was really frustrating having to get those stubborn things into the hole in Frantic Factory.

Plus, the cabin in Crystal Caves with all those spotlights. You get in with Chunky Kong, and you have to get past all those spotlights if I can recall, and if you stand in the spotlights you have ONE second to escape.

And that igloo also in Crystal Caves with the spinning spike wall. If you touched it, you would lose one full melon.
Ouch, yeah, the spiky maze thing. That was really hard.

I never had much trouble with the Chunky thing, but... that evil voice that said "GET OUT" when you died in challenges like that really scared me when I was younger

By the way, who here has fully completed DK64? That's getting everything, all the golden bananas, regular bananas... everything. I did, on my first ever game file. That took months and months, but I was so proud when I got that last golden banana, and when I saw the hilarious secret ending. But that file has since gotten mysteriously erased somehow. I've been wanting to try it again sometime to replace that file, but heh... I dunno if I'd be up to it.

Last edited by Princess J; 4th June 2006 at 06:33 PM.

Old 4th June 2006, 07:55 PM
King Jingaling

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
GAH! I can't belive only one person mertioned the DAMN FISH! You know, in Gloomy Galleon, the mecha fish! What's worse is that as soon as I finished the challenge and got everythong in the whole ebtire game, my file was corrupted! WAHHHHH!

Old 4th June 2006, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repobanjo
GAH! I can't belive only one person mertioned the DAMN FISH! You know, in Gloomy Galleon, the mecha fish! What's worse is that as soon as I finished the challenge and got everythong in the whole ebtire game, my file was corrupted! WAHHHHH!
You got EVERY THONG in the entire game? Wow! Even the secret banana fairy thong?

...I kid

Anyway, sometimes when I've played, the fish was near-impossible, other times it was a breeze. Very odd.

Old 5th June 2006, 12:52 AM
Dingpot

Damn Beaver Bother... damn mechanical fish in Gloomy Galleon... x_X; This game is hard I tell you. And I hate that evil Kremling voice in the Angry Aztec temple. ;-;

Old 5th June 2006, 01:42 AM
Brash Breegull

Random Award 
I dont remember any fish. Can someone freshen my mind. I hated the Crown minigames when you had to bash the baddies. I though the DK barrells mini's were awesome though.

Old 5th June 2006, 07:55 AM
Jinjo

If I remember correctly... the hardest part of DK64 for me was...

After buying the cartridge second hand from a game store... trying to find an expansion pak that (a) was is actual working order, or (b) finding one that was cheap enough that I wouldn't have to sell my kidneys for...

After all that the game was quite easy...

Roystein
est. 2001

Old 5th June 2006, 04:19 PM
Dingpot

I did fully beat the game, and it has been such a long time since I've picked it up that I have successfully repressed any of the horrid memories that those mini-games gave me.

User Tag List