Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
From RWP Wiki
|Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!|
|System||Super Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Release Date||North America: November 22, 1996
Europe: December 19, 1996
Japan: November 23, 1996
|Rating||K-A for Kids to Adults|
|Players||Single player, Multiplayer|
|Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection||no|
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! is the third game in the Donkey Kong Country series trilogy created for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, then later for the Game Boy Advance. It is the first and game to feature Kiddy.
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!' features many of the Kongs of the older two installments, such as Funky and Cranky, but it also introduces new characters, enemies and bosses, including a new form of King K. Rool; the mad scientist form.
Donkey and Diddy Kong have gone on a fishing trip and have mysteriously gone missing and Dixie sets out to find them. Along the way, she meets up with her younger cousin, Kiddy at Funky's Rentals and proceeds to find that the entire world is infested with Kremlings.
- Dixie Kong - The protagonist of her own game. She andher cousin, Kiddy set off to find Donkey and Diddy as they went missing.
- Kiddy Kong - The other protagonist of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!. He is Dixie's toddler cousin and helps her find Donkey and Diddy.
- Cranky Kong - Cranky is only seen at Swanky's Sideshow. His aim is to prove that Dixie and Kiddy are nothing special and win at the game.
- Wrinkly Kong - Wrinkly saves your game at any given time. She also plays a Nintendo 64 with Super Mario 64 in it on occasion and houses the Banana Birds collected.
- Swanky Kong - Swanky runs his own sideshow, and give the monkeys extra lives if they manage to defeat Cranky.
- Funky Kong - Funky's role is similar to that of the past games; giving the Kongs a vehicle to traverse in. His specialty this time is boats that can be upgraded overtime to reach different worlds.
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!]]'s character selection is similar to that of the previous two installments. There's a heavy character and a light character, Kiddy and Dixie respectively. Kiddy's weight is often used to break away cracks in the floor, or to defeat enemies. Dixie's Helicopter Spin returns and can be used to reach normally unreachable places. Other than that, the game's basic outline is the same as the previous two installments of Donkey Kong Country.
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! is the lowest positively received game out of the three. Despite being a hard, solid platformer, reviewers have disliked it for its cutesy atmosphere in comparision to the previous.