Donkey Kong Country (GBC)
From RWP Wiki
|Donkey Kong Country|
|System||Game Boy Color
|Release Date||North America: November 20, 2000
Europe: November 17, 2000
Japan: January 21, 2001
|Players||1 to 2|
|Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection|
Donkey Kong Country is a complete port of Donkey Kong Country from the SNES to the Game Boy Color, with small variations, such as lesser graphics and music.
Changes from the original
- Five language options are now available (With Spanish and Italian being the new two languages). This option is even available in the North American version.
- The Selection screen is a reminiscent of that of Donkey Kong 64.
- Three new minigames have been added; Funky's Fishing (Called Funky Fishing in-game) and Crosshair Cranky. Candy also runs a minigame called Candy's Challenge where Donkey and Diddy have to collect a Banana Coin in each challenge.
- Saving happens after a level is completed.
- Animal Buddies are no longer ridden. Rather, they are morphed into, similar to the effects of the Animal Barrel from the sequels.
- Most of the music from Donkey Kong Land is reused, along with the Bonus Level failure theme from Donkey Kong Land III.
- The credits have various screenshots shown, rather than taking place inside of Donkey Kong's Treehouse.
- Two unlockable difficulties have been added; one removes DK Barrels while the other does Star Barrels.
- Three different title screens are now displayed, one being underwater, other being in a cavern and the final being in the jungle.
- Allows compatibility with the Game Boy Printer, along with scrapbook photos that can be collected.
- Many more options are added for the Selection screen.
- Necky's Nutmare, a level exclusive to this version, has been added in Chimp Caverns.
- Winky's Walkway has been lengthened to become longer with a different layout.
- The Warp Barrel located in Mine Cart Carnage has been removed.