From RWP Wiki
|Location||Isle o' Hags (Cliff Top)|
Hailfire Peaks is the seventh world in Banjo-Tooie.
Hailfire Peaks consists of a mountainous region, which is split directly in half between two sides: a Lava Side featuring of a large volcano, and an Icy Side featuring a snowy mountain. Biggafoot, Sabreman, The Boggy family, Mildred Ice Cube, and Gobi (after rescuing him from Witchyworld) appear here. Connecting to Mayahem Temple's Kickball Tournament is another, found in the Colloseum.
Mumbo Jumbo is on the Lava Side, and uses the Revive spell, which can be used to bring Sabreman back to life. It is also used to summon the alien family children, Alph, Beti and Gammo. Humba Wumba lives on the Icy Side, and can transform Banjo into a snowball for the price of a glowbo. The bosses are Chilly Willy and Chilli Billi.
The ten Hailfire Peaks Jiggies are distributed between the sections of Hailfire Peaks.
- Attained by defeating both Chilly Willy and Chilli Billi.
- Found in the volcano, by activating all the switches.
- Given for beating all the Kickball games.
- Attained by activating several switches in the colosseum.
- Awarded for returning Sabreman to his tent.
- Discovered by crossing the Stomping Plains in Terrydactyland as Banjo only, then going into a small passageway leading to Hailfire Peaks, where the Jiggy is found.
- Attained by giving Boggy a fish in the Lava Side pool.
- Found in Grunty Industries. Activate the oil drill as a snowball to bring it out. Get it with Shack Pack.
- Given to Banjo for bringing together the alien family.
- Located at the Icy Side train station. Gobi's water must be used to cool the boiler in the Lava Side before entering, so that the sudden temperature change does not cause it to explode.
The Jinjos found in Hailfire Peaks are:
- In the superheated pool of water that contains the fish for Boggy.
- Found on the other side of the fire waterfall outside the Colosseum.
- Inside Mildred Ice Cube.
- Found by gliding to a ledge inside Icicle Grotto.
- In a small alcove surrounded by howling winds.
The landmarks in Hailfire Peaks are as following:
Sabreman's Tent: A tent owned by Sabreman. Behind it is a shortcut to another part of the Lava Side.
Kickball Colosseum: A giant colosseum hosting the Stony kickball tournament. With many alcoves, it is difficult to discover everything it contains.
Train Station: Upon first entering the Train Section, Chuffy's engine overheats, making it impossible to get to the Icy Side Train Station. This is fixed by beak busting Gobi and having him release cold water.
Volcano: This boiling landmark is so warm it lacks oxygen in some segments, but it has various passageways leading to the Icy Side.
Boggy's House: A two-level igloo where Boggy's family resides.
Oil Refinery: An oil digger, a Jiggy being the only thing it has located for years.
Icicle Grotto: A large cave hosting the passageway to the Glide move.
Train Station Accessible by taking the train from the lava side train station
Humba Wumba's transformation for this level is a snowball. Whenever Banjo is hurt as a snowball, he will decrease in size, allowing him access to smaller areas. Rolling in the snow will allow him to nourish and grow, gaining him other uses such as pressing switches requiring large levels of weight. If Banjo enters the Lava Side as a snowball, he will gradually melt and eventually die.
Hailfire Peaks has two bosses, which are large dragons of opposite nature. Interestingly, the dragon fought first will have considerably less health than the other.
Chilly Willy: Chilly Willy is ths boss of the Icy Side. Chilly Willy, or Chilly for short, is reached by having him spit an icicle on Biggafoots' toe. Banjo can the use Claw Clamber Boots in order to climb the mountain he inhabits. He is expecting a pizza delivery boy, so when Banjo and Kazooie arrive, he assumes this is him - only they tell him they have no pizza! Furious, Chilly attacks the duo. Being made of ice, fire eggs shot into a Fire Cannon (of which there are four located around the top of the mountain) will kill him.
Chilli Billi: Chilli Billi lives in the Lava Side. He is reached by having him spit a fireball on a dilapidated house, exposing a Fly Pad. Banjo then can fly to him. Ice Eggs are used to take him out, in a similar way to Chilly with the fire eggs.
This level is linked to other levels in the following ways:
- Mayahem Temple - Kickball Colloseum
- Glitter Gulch Mine - Waterfall Caverns
- Terrydactyland - Icy Jiggy Cave
- Grunty Industries - Oil Drill Pipe