Jungle Hijinxs (Donkey Kong Country Returns)
From RWP Wiki
The level begins directly following the game's opening cutscene, where, following a failed attempt by a Tiki to hypnotize Donkey Kong, he and Diddy beat up the Tiki, eventually sending him crashing through the front door and off into the jungle. Donkey Kong and Diddy then exit the house and set off to recover their stolen banana hoard.
This level introduces the following enemies:
- Awks, blue flightless birds that patrol around a specific area.
- Screaming Pillars, tall, sleeping pillars that will wake up with a scream and crash onto the ground when the Kongs approach.
- Frogoons, frogs that jump in the air, trying to catch a fly above them.
- Rawks, red birds similar to the Awks that try to ram into the Kongs.
KONG Letter Locations
- K: Located on a platform above and to the left of the second stone block near the beginning of the level.
- O: Located in a bottomless pit beneath three platforms arranged in a triangle. Roll off the edge of the pit and then jump in midair to obtain it.
- N: Located on the final platform in the "background" area of the level.
- G: After reaching the first Rawks, jump onto the platform above them, then to the platform to the right. In the air next to it is the "G".
Puzzle Piece Locations
- Located inside the empty banana hoard cave under Donkey Kong's tree house.
- From the platform containing the K, continue to jump left from platform to platform, eventually reaching a platform with a dandelion. Blowing on it reveals the Puzzle Piece.
- Attained by destroying the two stacked Screaming Pillars near the beginning of the level.
- Attained by hand-slapping the level's second bulbous plant.
- Attained by using the springy flower to collect all of the bananas that fly out of the Mugly statues' mouths.
- After making the background platforms appear by pounding the "DK" button in the level, jump to the furthest-right one and blow on the dandelion.
- Located in a Bonus Room that can be entered by ground pounding a panel with a stone monkey face below it, directly after the Auto-Fire Barrels that return the player to the foreground.
- From the same platform near the letter "G", jump instead to the left and follow the platforms. The Puzzle Piece is floating above the last one.
- As with the original game, players can re-enter Donkey Kong's tree house, which contains an Extra Life Balloon. Players can also use the hand-slap in front of DK's television, which causes it to display the Donkey Kong Country Returns title screen.