Kameo: Elements of Power
From RWP Wiki
|Kameo: Elements of Power|
|Release Date||North America: November 7, 2005
Japan: February 2, 2006
|Publisher||Microsoft Game Studios|
|Rating||T for Teen|
|Players||1 to 2 (co-op)|
|Xbox Live||Supported (Content Download,
|Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection|
Several hops from consoles delayed the game greatly, but eventually it was released as one of the several launch titles for the Xbox 360.
Age of Conflict
Trolls, as everyone knows, are nothing but trouble.
Long ago, so the tribal elders say, they were welcome inside Elfin borders. But while other tribes respected the leadership of King Solon and his Elves, the Trolls decided that there was more to be said for sheer physical size and aggression than wisdom and magical trickery. And so it was that Thorn, by far the strongest of his generation, rose quickly through the Troll ranks to become their own King.
Nobody suspected that behind Thorn's impressive size was a mind to match, and he took advantage of their blindness to begin conquering the other tribes. King Solon may have seen what was happening, but as fate would have it he was away on the traditional quest of the Elfin Royal line: the search for the Elemental Warriors, living natural forces gifted to the Elves in a time long past.
Since the day that those Warriors were seized by higher powers and scattered to the winds, the Elves had been duty-bound to seek out and return them to the pages of the fabled Wotnot Book. Solon was even more determined than most since he had inherited the Element of Power, which granted its wielder the ability to take on the forms of the Elemental Warriors themselves.
In time Solon returned to his kingdom in triumph, where he discovered Thorn's actions and used the power of the Warriors to vanquish the Troll King, sending his treacherous race into exile. Sadly that day would bring curses and blessings in equal measure, for King Solon also vanished in the wake of battle. His fate would be anxiously disputed for years, but nobody ever knew for sure what had happened.
History moved on, and Solon's wife Theena was left to rule the Kingdom with what remained of her family. At least there was peace once more in the tribal lands, and while some said that Thorn had not been killed, merely somehow confined, these doubts were not enough to keep folk from falling back into the simple pleasures of everyday life.
Eventually attention turned to Kameo and Kalus, blossoming daughters of the Elfin Royal Family. All in the Kingdom knew that when they reached adulthood, one of these two Princesses would claim the throne, the Kingdom itself and the Element of Power, that which once commanded the Elemental Warriors and tamed the most infamous Troll of all. Surely such things could only bring only joy...
The Warrior's profile pages in-game explain the founding of each Warrior as well as his own special powers and abilities as they affect the world around him.
Gameplay is mostly action-adventure. The player takes control of Kameo who has the ability to transform into the several different Elemental Warriors, each with his own combat style and different abilities to overcome obstacles found throughout the game. The player gains the different Elemental Warriors as progress is made through the game and can upgrade their abilities or learn new ones. Puzzles are more combat oriented in this game then previous Rare adventure games and the game also features a large scale war zone that the player must travel through and complete tasks in.
- Kameo - The game's heroine, daughter of Theena, sister of Kalus, out to rescue the Ancestors and ultimately overthrow the Dark Troll King, Thorn. Kameo has the gift of transformation, allowing her to take on the form and abilities of any Elemental Warrior spirit that she discovers on the way. 
- Kalus - Bitter to the point of betraying her family and the entire kingdom when the Element of Power was passed down to her younger sister Kameo, Kalus' choices have now set her on a dark road from which there may be no return, making her a sworn enemy of her own flesh and blood. 
- Thorn - Dark overlord of the Trolls, sealed in stone following the last Great Battle but now free, all thanks to the jealousy of one woman. As he always has, Thorn seeks dominion over the whole kingdom and all the life it contains, and will use every weapon and wile at his disposal to get it. 
- The Mystic - Although her attitude and appearance may be a little rough around the edges, the Mystic's wisdom and supernatural Sight mark her out as a useful ally in Kameo's quest. True, the Princess and the crone may seem an unlikely partnership, but they'll both have to learn to adapt...
- Ortho - Kameo stands to learn a great deal from Ortho (if she can bear his slightly pompous attitude) as her path winds into ever more distant and unfamiliar lands. Firmly enchanted into the Wotnot Book, the irritable wizard will always be on hand to offer advice, whether requested to or not.
- Farron - This masked stranger's identity and motives are almost entirely unknown, though the soldiers speak in awe of his Troll-slaying skills on the field of battle. As he steps up to lead the Elves in place of Kameo's absent kin, this man of mystery's place in history will soon be revealed.
- Halis - The bold and adventurous ancestor of Kameo who was help captive by Old Mawood of the Forest Temple.
- Lenya - The boisterous yet caring ancestor of Kameo who was held captive by Corallis of the Water Temple.
- Yeros - The wise and old ancestor of Kameo who was held captive by Queen Thyra in the Snow Temple.
- Queen Theena - Mother to Kameo and Kalus who has been captured by Thorn and trapped in his castle.
- King Solon - The King of the Enchanted Kingdom who mysteriously disappeared after vanquishing Thorn in the past.
- Warrior Trainer - A wise and unique-looking individual who trains Elfin warriors for combat against the trolls.
- Terramus - Kameo's biological grandfather, and close friend of Solon. Died trying to protect his friend and grand daughter. He is of Twycross descent.
- Pummel Weed - A brash boxer from the undergrowth with a long reach and a short temper. Any Troll still standing after a ferocious combo should watch out as Pummel Weed rears up from the earth for the knockout blow.
- Snare - Few adversaries are big enough or fast enough to escape those mighty jaws, and once caught, they're a great source of free ammunition (provided of course Snare can resist the temptation of a good hard bite)...
- Rubble - With strong magical bonds ensuring that all body parts return to their host after an attack, Rubble can fire single or multiple rocks to stun targets from a distance, or simply self-detonate in a tight spot.
- Major Ruin - Passed down to Kameo along with the Element of Power, well-armoured Warrior Major Ruin is keen to start stretching those muscles and making it known that there's plenty of life left in the old warhorse yet.
- Flex - The most agile of all the Warriors, Flex's rubbery, versatile form can make light work of seemingly impassable barriers such as wide ravines or bodies of water, and has its advantages in a combat situation too.
- Deep Blue - While those tentacles may not be best suited to smooth movement on land, in the heat of battle Deep Blue's twin jet streams pack a similar punch to the torpedo attacks that come into play when submerged.
- Chilla - Not one for subtle methods, Chilla's a born brawler. This single-minded yeti is equally happy launching ice spears into the fray from afar or getting up close and clubbing one Troll unconscious with another.
- 40 Below - When 40 Below gets worked into a spin, the resultant whirling dervish can mop up entire hordes of Trolls with ease. Any stragglers are considered fair game for a snowball flung with bone-breaking force.
- Ash - A hot-blooded and permanently hungry dragon, Ash's fireball blasts will drive off all but the most fearless foes in short order - particularly anyone daring to raise the touchy subject of those undersized wings!
- Thermite - Don't be discouraged by this Warrior's diminutive size, as the high-powered lava bombs launched from Thermite's fiery cauldron are capable of destroying some of the toughest obstacles in Kameo's path.
Confirmed characters from storyboards and early versions of the game.
- Meepo - Kameo's dragon partner sealed in stone by Theena for an unknown reason. Would follow Kameo and fight enemies alongside her.
- Cailem - Elf who was somehow involved with the Trolls.
- Warriors of Wind - Two Elemental Warriors ultimately cut due to design issues. Referred to as "Cloud Monster" and "Whirly Bird" in animatics.
While not confirmed as Canon, an accompanying Manga was printed and released expanding on the game's backstory. It contradicts events detailed in both the game and Official Podcast however.
- Enchanted Kingdom
- The Badlands
- Forgotten Forest Glade
- Mountain Falls
- Mountain Rise
- Snow Top Village
- Ogre's Swamp
- Shadow Realm
- Thorn's Castle
- Thorn's Airship
|Found Pummel Weed|
|Kameo can transform into one Elemental Warrior.||20|
|Kameo can transform into two Elemental Warriors.||20|
A movie based off of Kameo was pitched around, but was unfortunately never picked up. No other information is known regarding storyline, casting, or possible directors.