From RWP Wiki
|Location||Isle o' Hags (Wooded Hollow)|
Mayahem Temple is the first world in Banjo-Tooie. It is based around primitive sites in general and Mayan temples in particular, featuring temples, dart-shooting Easter-Island-style heads and the Golden Goliath. Bovina, Officer Unogopaz, Chief Bloatazin, and Ssslumber. Baddies in this world include Moggi, Sput Sput, Globble, Dragunda and Snapdragon.
The Jiggies found in Mayahem Temple are:
- Found at the top of Targitzan's Temple.
- Attained by clearing Bovina's Field of wasps.
- Found in a quicksand pond, only accessible with the Golden Goliath.
- Attained by stealing it from Ssslumber.
- Attained by wading across a small quicksand pond.
- Found in Targitzan's Slightly Sacred Chamber.
- Attained by defeating Targitzan.
- Attained by beating the kickball tournament.
- Attained by stealing the Priceless Relic Thingy from the caveman.
- Attained by going underground and shaking some stone pillars.
The Jinjos to be found here are:
- In the pool next to the world entrance/exit.
- On top of the Mayan Kickball Stadium.
- On the bridge leading to Bovina.
- Right above the Grip Grab Jamjars silo in the Jade Snake Grove.
- In a hidden passageway in Targitzan's Temple.
Empty Honeycomb Pieces
- In a square hole in the wall behind the world entrance (accessible as a Stony).
- On top of a pile of gold in the Treasure Chamber.
- In an alcove above Bovina's cottage (requires the Grip Grab or Beak Buster).
- In front of the upper entrance/exit to the Treasure Chamber.
- On a platform near the Code Chamber (accessible by shimmying across a ledge with the Grip Grab).
- In a tunnel above the Prison Chamber (accessible by shimmying across a ledge with the Grip Grab).
There are 4 landmarks in Mayahem Temple.
- Kickball Stadium: A building where the Mayahem Temple kickball division in being held. Has Training (with three washed-up coach-players), a passage to the Hailfire Peaks kickball division, and three rounds of kickball.
- Targitzan's Temple: Targitzan's Temple is the first place for Breegull Blaster, a first person shooting area. You fight Targitzan here, obviously.
- Jade Snake Grove: The Jade Snake Grove is a small section of land with Wumba's Wigwam, the Code Chamber (Banjo-Tooie's equivalent of the Treasure Trove Cove sandcastle in Banjo-Kazooie), and Ssslumber the snake.
- Prison Compound: The Prison Compound is where Dilberta is trapped. Nothing else but a giant cell, a small quicksand pit, and a waterway to Jiggy #10.
This level's boss is Targitzan (Despotic Dizzy Totem God).
For more information on Targitzan, go to the Targitzan page.
This level is linked to other levels in the following ways:
- Glitter Gulch Mine - via the Prison Compound, which leads to Bullion Bill's hut.
- Terrydactyland - via the Treasure Chamber, which leads to the Unga Bunga cave.
- Hailfire Peaks - via the Kickball Stadium, which leads to Hailfire's own kickball stadium.
- The music of Mayahem Temple features Mumbo chanting along with it. While some of the chanting is made up of Mumbo's typical nonsense words like "eekum bokum," part of the song actually says the words "come and have a go, if you think you're hard enough."
- Mayahem Temple is one of the worlds that was planned for the original Banjo-Kazooie, but didn't make it in due to time contraints.