The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Vehicle Size Glitch (Nuts & Bolts) (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55207)

Grim Grindle 16th January 2017 10:13 PM

Vehicle Size Glitch (Nuts & Bolts)

Hey guys, I have another weird one for you!

It seems that the 'quick repair' option for vehicles (holding right bumper to magnet your parts back that have broken off) has no size-checker to it (because, why would it, it can only repair parts that have actually been originally built, right?)

However, parts 'removed' from a vehicle within the in-stage vehicle modifier ('hold b to modify your vehicle') are, it seems, also considered broken off. Which means that if your remove a part from your vehicle in the 'vehicle modifier' section, and then get back into your vehicle, you can hold 'right bumper' to re-attach it.

However, if you build your vehicle in two parts, a primary part (with your drivers seat on it) and a secondary part, in which the primary part is under the vehicle-length-limit (so 18 blocks long max) and the secondary part is however long you want (the regular length-limit of 19 blocks long), you can then enter the game world with this vehicle in two parts.

If you take the secondary part away from your main part (whithin the game-world with the wrench) you can hold 'b' to modify it alone. If you within this editor remove a part, carry it over to your main part and attach it (to the front, for instance, making your main-part 19 blocks in length) the game will register that part, now attached to the primary-part of your vehicle (with drivers seat) but also, as having been broken off from the secondary part of your vehicle.

This means, getting into your main vehicle, you will be given the option to do a quick-repair, and, in doing so, will attach that entire secondary part to the section it was broken off from (the block now attached to your primary part) giving your vehicle a length of 37 blocks long!

Utilizing this exploit I have created a vehicle 208 blocks in length, which is one block under 11 times the game limit!

Here is our video showing it's workings :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYFh...zxjzsn3h5sq004

- Grim

qwertykins76 17th January 2017 01:25 AM

Yeah I discovered this one as well. I used it to build a model of Clanker and a starship. I also built an elevator that went up to the top of Nutty Acres; THAT was a fun afternoon.

Grim Grindle 17th January 2017 01:44 AM

I never thought to make Clanker, that would actually be a really fun build considering his size, mechanical nature, and actually being part of Banjo-Kazooie's universe! Did your build of him have moving parts, or was more like a large submarine?

qwertykins76 17th January 2017 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim Grindle (Post 1275167)
I never thought to make Clanker, that would actually be a really fun build considering his size, mechanical nature, and actually being part of Banjo-Kazooie's universe! Did your build of him have moving parts, or was more like a large submarine?

Submarine. The only "moving" bit was the screw in the blowhole, which just kinda sat in there, detached. I built it out of heavy body parts, to be authentic, so making him light enough to float was a slight obstical. He was also hollow and with no underside, and not to scale. That limitation for number of parts per vehicle is, sadly, highly unfortunate....

Don't feel bad for not discovering the glitch first by the way. I've searched for it online before, and I've never seen any mention of it. You and I must be among a small handful of people who know about it, and it's not like I contributed to spreading the information, like I probably should have.

Wish I still had a 360 and NaB, memories of the treasure trove of cool things I made are flooding back. Your vids are nice by the way.

Grim Grindle 17th January 2017 04:51 AM

Yeah I generally do a quick google/youtube search before uploading these to see if anyone can be properly credited, but since the Nuts & Bolts forum disappeared it's generally difficult to find whoever the original discover was, especially when it is a glitch you've also stumbled upon yourself :/

Ahh yes, the pesky part limit, now if only we could find an exploit to get around that!

(Edit: For instance, I plan to do the boundary glitch where you can use the trolley to pick up items through the barriers in showdown town, and it's like "This credit goes to, general knowledge in 2008, before our extensive documentation of glitches was removed from the internet when Rare shut down their forums")

Whyme123 23rd January 2017 02:27 AM

This is ****ing amazing.

Where were you in 2008????