The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

hatrickpatrick 7th May 2005 02:09 PM

Right, that officially throws the whole wozza thing into the "bizarre" category. Why didn't they code wozza into the pic, yet they have everything else there? It seems to weird to be an accident...

Klungo 7th May 2005 11:44 PM

i figured it out. The cutscene shows Wozza's Cave before Wozza enters. It's impossible to go to the cave without Wozza being there, unless you hack your way in. Rare simply coded it so that Wozza isn't in the cave until you talk to him as a walrus. However, you can't get in until you talk to Wozza. The cutscene shows the what it would be like if you could enter without talking to Wozza.

Asterix 8th May 2005 04:24 AM

if you want to read into what mumbo says possibly a little too much, after showing all the pics:

Banjo: "Wow! How do we get to those?
Mumbo: "Mumbo not telling, find out in Banjo-Tooie!"

get to those, not just get those. as in, eggs/key were not meant to be gotten in BT at all, just carried over.

then again, we already knew that. ;)

one more for you, the water around the sandcastle has not been emptied in the pics.

hatrickpatrick 8th May 2005 06:46 PM

Klungo, that's the point. Why did rare do that? Or does it mean there's a way to get rid of wozza before entering?

BlueBreegull 9th May 2005 02:24 AM

Guys, I think if anything's going to be found, it's going to be found looking at the code and flags and stuff with hacking, not by merely grabbing the SnS items in some random order.

Then again, I don't believe there's much to find anyway :rolleyes:.

hatrickpatrick 9th May 2005 07:12 PM

Well My AR should arrive this week, wednsday or thursday with a bit oif luck...

Hollow Note 12th May 2005 12:12 AM

The whole sandcastle thing just leads me to believe that my theory about the Sandcastle Cheats are just a way to open them. Like when you enter in codes to open note doors or unlock levels. BT has a deep dark secret that should be exploited in public.

hatrickpatrick 12th May 2005 07:41 PM

ok the AR didnt arrive yet, I reckon it HAS to arrive tomorrow or monday, at the latest...

hatrickpatrick 16th May 2005 07:15 PM

AR has arrived: I got the key's ID number

w00tness! My AR arrived today. I've just collected the key (without getting or opening anything else, and the IDs are as follows:
(PAL)
81283220 0200 = open ice key chamber
81283220 0204 = open chamber and have key

So all we need to do now is revert back to that every time we get the combination wrong.
Now, about which 4 eggs we need to get: I did a few tests, by selecting random eggs and entering their sandcastle codes. I think we might be able to judge whether we've got it right by the key on the SnS screen: when I entered the codes for the desert + sharkfood eggs, the key stayed the same, but when I opened the cellar, it slowed down, a lot. I reckon if it keeps spinning at normal speed, we've got it right. If that's correct, we have to get the pink and blue eggs. I wonder which others we also need to get? I'll do some more tests tomorrow...

dmoss 16th May 2005 08:55 PM

What...the..crap :eek:

That, hatrickpatrick, is freakin' sweet! You, my friend, are awesome. A blessing upon you and your household! Amen!

Do we have any ideas as to which eggs we need to get in what order?

dmoss 16th May 2005 08:57 PM

wow...WOW!!!!! :eek:

What...the..crap?! :eek:

That, hatrickpatrick, is freakin' sweet! You, my friend, are awesome. A blessing upon you and your household! Amen!

Do we have any ideas as to which eggs we need to get in what order?

hatrickpatrick 16th May 2005 09:00 PM

Read the full post, Dmoss >_>
As I said in it, The key spins quite fast on the SnS screen. I entered the sandcastle codes to open the desert and sharkfood island, and it was still fast. I then entered the code for the Cellar (cyan egg) and it slowed down considerably. I reverted beack to that ID up there (see how handy it is? Thats why I wanted to find it) and it's spinning fast again. So we can probably rule out the cyan egg, if my theory is correct...
Pink, Blue, and 2 others... I'll do more tests tomorrow and see if I can make any progress...

dmoss 16th May 2005 09:04 PM

Oooohhhhh....now I see.... :D

banjooie 16th May 2005 09:15 PM

Now this is sounding cool!

mariofanman 16th May 2005 09:32 PM

wow! you guys might finally figure out the secret behind SnS!