The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Ice Lightning 18th January 2006 10:03 PM

Is there any way you could get a screenshot of this wooden head thing as I haven't seen it.

vaticandrummer 18th January 2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjo nerd
sorry i haven't been all like usual and i haven't played on my pj64 for a long time(to busy with runescape).argh hasn't anyone thought of this since in b.t how most of the worlds are connected to each other right?well maby in bt their is a passage to bk`s lair?(stupid idea i know)

Actually, that would fit excellently with my theory.

After swopping from BK to BT, you end up in the Tower Room. Since none of Grunty's Lair was really there in BT, perhaps you used a silo to get out of the lair and perhaps to the RSA.

banjo nerd 19th January 2006 06:05 AM

maby also another idiotic idea.Instead their being a switch to the memory maby in bk you activate something and the grunty pic is a mirage door(meaning you can go through it and things)and the picture of her keeps getting smaller till you can place a correct size in the smaller picture you know what i mean?

krueger14 19th January 2006 05:31 PM

Alert!!!

Hello, this is a screenshot of somethin i found in the memory editor, on my bk rom

http://www.spiralmountain.co.uk/site_fk14sns.gif

rare&swop 19th January 2006 07:04 PM

What doe's that mean?Is it fake?

slaphappy 19th January 2006 07:32 PM

The STOP N SWOP in the memory editor is just the title for the totals screen.

digidestind 19th January 2006 08:04 PM

but is says "are you shure?A yes B no" i think it's a fake

Gaming Master2k 19th January 2006 08:22 PM

It's real. The Stop 'n' Swop is the menu name and the A - yes, B - no is from when you press save and quit.

Trust me it's real but nothing.

dmoss 19th January 2006 09:44 PM

Yeah, but did you see the "Yes/No" thing? When have we ever seen SnS do that?! Good find, Krueger14! Hopefully someone can shed light on this, that may know what's going on!

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that there was already a page 90...

krueger14 19th January 2006 09:47 PM

On the spiral mountain site, i posted this, and they said to post it here, and maybe u guys could work on the numbers on there, it mite be a trigger, or it probably is one

ChrisPBacon 19th January 2006 10:25 PM

What is the Yes and No underneath it then? Its a very interesting find, if its a prank, I don't think many people will be pleased.

Gaming Master2k 19th January 2006 10:34 PM

If you press Start and click on Save and quit, It then brings up The "Are you sure? A - Yes, B - No"

It's not a trigger for SnS. It's nothing except telling us what to do to end the game.

DevilBottles 19th January 2006 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisPBacon
What is the Yes and No underneath it then? Its a very interesting find, if its a prank, I don't think many people will be pleased.

Its not a prank. I've seen it before in my editor.

And, I believe what GM2k is correct. I don't exactly know why its at the back, but whatever.

Gaming Master2k 20th January 2006 12:10 AM

That's just the order everything is in (Rareware most likely ordered it that to make it easy to access but those details are deep into the programming stages and don't concern us)

Before this text we have something like:

Return to Game
Exit to Witch's Lair
View Totals
Save and Exit

These are the options for when you press start. Because the first two are actions that's the only text asscociated with them. But we all know that if you click view totals there are screens for each level, the total game and SnS. And after this in the memory editor we see:

Game Total
Spiral Mountain
Gruntilda's Lair
Mumbo's Mountain
Treasure Trove Cove
Clanker's Cavern
Bubblegloop Swamp
Freezeezy Peak
Gobi's Valley
Mad Monster Mansion
Rusty Bucket Bay
Click Clock Wood
Stop 'n' Swop

That's all the headings for each section in View Totals. To show details of notes jiggy's etc they are placed somewhere else in memory, but there's no other text in the pages. Since that's all the text for view totals they go to the next menu option which is Save and Exit and so in the memory editor we see:

Are you sure? A - Yes, B- No

The reason that's placed at the bottom is because it's the last option and they did it for order. Imagine how hard it would be if the title for MMM was in one location and the title for GV was in another while all the others are in different places again. When programmers link things together it's hard for them to find. Placing these in order like that means they know if they've found MMM they know where the other levels are.

I hope that made sense. I can get pics of the memory editor and Pause Menu screens if anyone needs more help understanding.

banjo nerd 20th January 2006 12:12 AM

hmm,what slaphappy said ''it is just the sns screen menu''