The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Everyone Read - Seventh Sns Egg! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8343)

ConkerKing 28th February 2007 03:57 AM

Yeah,I could see as how that could come across as sarcasm.I was just in antisipation.Sorry if this caused any anger on your behalf.:)

Hylian1 28th February 2007 04:00 AM

Sooooooo..... how bout those pics? I'm really curious as to what this could be. ANOTHER new egg, perhaps?

Killiax 28th February 2007 04:01 AM

maybe one of the eggs but in the new texture...

ConkerKing 28th February 2007 04:03 AM

*sits on edge of chair**
*note:This is to be taken as anticipation,not as sarcasim on anyones behalf.

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 04:08 AM

Alright, here we go, get ready.

I have been working my ASS off for the past week to find out a working trigger to show the egg image. While searching, I thought I might of finally found it, the graphic that would display the Purple Egg... but I was wrong, I found something better!

I was teleported to one of Waste Disposal map in Grunty Industries. I wondered why, but I said to myself 'whatever' and kept doing my research. I replaced the springy shoes graphic with the 0785 graphic, and amazingly, it worked, but it didn't load the color egg I was expecting.

It replaced the springy shoes graphic with an ORANGE egg! (Yes, a real orange egg not related to Conker King's joke)

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2...nap0003qr4.jpg

Once again, I cannot 'get' the graphic, for it is only a graphic. I tried leaving the area, but the game froze on me. I restarted the game, went back to the map, and tried to turn on the 'trigger', but obviously (thanks to BT's crazy ram) it moved. This is honestly the hardest thing I've ever done in hacking, but I suppose I can't stop. I believe I found this 'trigger' or whatever it is on luck, I cannot successfully alter the trigger anymore, because I have no idea where it is. The Orange Egg graphic will not load anymore.

The video is currently processing on youtube, I will provide a link when it is up and ready for viewing.

Update:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DNkJDFmLxYU

Killiax 28th February 2007 04:11 AM

orange egg i knew that there was going to be an orange one when someone mentioned that colors of the rainbow thing and the purple egg found

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 04:13 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DNkJDFmLxYU It's up already, knock yourselves out.

LaorBR 28th February 2007 04:26 AM

Whoa. :eek:
Uh, mind if I ask something?
CBM, what if you try changing the spring shoes into the base egg (digit: 063C)?
I'm just wondering if it would also turn orange.

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaorBR
Whoa. :eek:
Uh, mind if I ask something?
CBM, what if you try changing the spring shoes into the base egg (digit: 063C)?
I'm just wondering if it would also turn orange.

It would display one of the six original egg graphics. 0785 is the digit for the Orange, Purple (and maybe more?) eggs.

LaorBR 28th February 2007 04:36 AM

Quote:

It would display one of the six original egg graphics. 0785 is the digit for the Orange, Purple (and maybe more?) eggs.
Wow x2
(This will probably derail the thread but)Do you think it's possible that at some very early point in development they considered transferring eggs from Tooie to other games (probably DK64)?
If anyone's willing to discuss that feel free to start a new thread (let's try to not flood this one with theories)

EDIT: I made a thread where we can discuss that. :)
Here
Warning:it's on Banjo Discussion, don't even bother clicking (I'm looking at you, CBM)

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 04:38 AM

Quote:

Wow x2
(This will probably derail the thread but)Do you think it's possible that at some very early point in development they considered transferring eggs from Tooie to other games (probably DK64)?
If anyone's willing to discuss that feel free to start a new thread (let's try to not flood this one with theories)

That's a good idea. Lets just focus on the facts in this topic.

Theguyoverthere 28th February 2007 04:49 AM

Whoa, I noticed while viewing the video that the egg was transparent... Is that normal? I could see right threw it...

LaorBR 28th February 2007 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
Whoa, I noticed while viewing the video that the egg was transparent... Is that normal? I could see right threw it...

It's replacing the springy shoes, so probably CBM hasn't learned that move yet in the saved file he's using. Notice how it's always turning around to face banjo just like the shoes?

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 04:59 AM

Quote:

It's replacing the springy shoes, so probably CBM hasn't learned that move yet in the saved file he's using. Notice how it's always turning around to face banjo just like the shoes?

Actually, I knew the move springy shoes when recording the video (I remember because after the video i ran into the egg and it gave kazooie the shoes.)

It doesn't look transparent to me, it looks shiny, but who knows. (Well, except Rare that is.)

Theguyoverthere 28th February 2007 05:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Then something's fishy.

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
Then something's fishy.

Holy crap, you might actually be onto something. The graphic is slightly transparent! This is defidently interesting, thanks for finding that.

Theguyoverthere 28th February 2007 05:06 AM

I see what you're saying, Laor, but I think it still might be transparent. It's kind of hard to tell....

Airman 28th February 2007 05:11 AM

Another egg eh Another good job by CBM!! you get my rep....anwyay is the transparency good or bad?

Theguyoverthere 28th February 2007 05:13 AM

It may not be transparent at all, it could just be my imagination since it's next to that grey pipe...

LaorBR 28th February 2007 05:46 AM

I'm gonna ask another favor: could you get close to the egg, switch to first person look and try turning the camera around a bit?
I think that the reflected-light effect is not a texture at all -- I think it's actually some kind of framebuffer effect, like the one they used in the golden jigsaw board in Jiggywiggy's temple, and maybe that's the reason why the game is slowing down.
So, if you try look closely to it and turn the camera and the reflected light moves around the egg's surface, it's definitely not a texture. If it doesn't move then nevermind.

Also: are you working on a GS Code for this? Just out of curiosity

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 06:02 AM

Quote:

I'm gonna ask another favor: could you get close to the egg, switch to first person look and try turning the camera around a bit?
I think that the reflected-light effect is not a texture at all -- I think it's actually some kind of framebuffer effect, like the one they used in the golden jigsaw board in Jiggywiggy's temple, and maybe that's the reason why the game is slowing down.
So, if you try look closely to it and turn the camera and the reflected light moves around the egg's surface, it's definitely not a texture. If it doesn't move then nevermind.

Also: are you working on a GS Code for this? Just out of curiosity

I just offically destroyed my BT rom when looking for the trigger again. When it loads, the game instantly freezes. I'll try to get you that answer soon, I need to get another ROM.

I encourage you to listen to my advice on this:
DO NOT LOOK FOR THE TRIGGER ON A CONSOLE OR ELSE YOUR GAME MAY SUFFER THE SAME FATE AS MY ROM, EXCEPT YOUR CARTRAGE WOULD BE DESTROYED AND WOULD HAVE TO PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE IN ORDER TO SEARCH FURTHER.

I think it would be best to not look for the trigger with a normal gameshark on a console, for if your cartrage sufffered the same fate, there would be no way out. Your cartrage would be dead, and would have to purchase a new one.

Like I said, I'm trying my hardest to get a GS code, but I need to figure out where the trigger appears. If I can find out where it ALWAYS appears (or at least the pointers pointers pointer etc., which is what this seems to be like), then yes I can make a code.

==============EDIT===============
Aparently, I can still access my savestates, but when the game starts, it will not go to the intro screen. To answer your question, the reflected light looks like a texture. I just remembered doing what you said before making the video because I was curious myself on the same matter.

Bottles98 28th February 2007 06:11 AM

I came back here because I kind of felt bad. My post seems like I was undermining this discovery, and I didn't mean to, so...sorry, CBM. I do think this is a cool discovery, I'm just kind of bitter. :p

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottles98
I came back here because I kind of felt bad. My post seems like I was undermining this discovery, and I didn't mean to, so...sorry, CBM. I do think this is a cool discovery, I'm just kind of bitter. :p

Have you ever read my posts about stupid theories? Haha, don't feel TOO bad.

LaorBR 28th February 2007 06:34 AM

Quote:

Like I said, I'm trying my hardest to get a GS code, but I need to figure out where the trigger appears. If I can find out where it ALWAYS appears (or at least the pointers pointers pointer etc., which is what this seems to be like), then yes I can make a code.
Oh, a savestate will do. :D

Hakey Wake 28th February 2007 09:43 AM

Hrmmm, an Orange "?" graphic too? Most interesting, I'm going to assume (based on nothing at all) that perhaps there are (were) 6 of these new eggs to compliment (perhaps be traded with) their Banjo-Kazooie counterparts.

Regardless of how convulated the theories will no doubt become, good job. :)

runehero123 28th February 2007 03:55 PM

what does it mean if you set the image mod to a freeze digit, warp to an area, and banjo's image doesnt change? Just a question.

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runehero123
what does it mean if you set the image mod to a freeze digit, warp to an area, and banjo's image doesnt change? Just a question.

I don't understand your question.

ConkerKing 28th February 2007 07:30 PM

I was right!God,I had no idea!I applaud you CBM!You are truly an excelent hacker and great SNS finder...good job man!Awesome how this one actually spins too!
-CK-

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConkerKing
I was right!God,I had no idea!I applaud you CBM!You are truly an excelent hacker and great SNS finder...good job man!Awesome how this one actually spins too!
-CK-

It doesn't actually spin - they were originally the springy shoes before I edited the image displayed, and the Springy shoes always face banjo.

Whyme123 28th February 2007 07:47 PM

Dude, it isn't a joke.. Man some people are thick.. It isn't a joke, as it isn't april.. doh

ConkerKing 28th February 2007 07:49 PM

Happy 100th post!
Anyway,what is an afj. file?I'm assuming it takes an animation and converts it to a movie file or something,and then he would place it in the movie.You have no idea how difficult that would be.It's darn near impossible,and if it was,it would take a really long time to do.
Post#:434

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Happy 100th post!
Anyway,what is an afj. file?I'm assuming it takes an animation and converts it to a movie file or something,and then he would place it in the movie.You have no idea how difficult that would be.It's darn near impossible,and if it was,it would take a really long time to do.
Post#:434

-groans-

AFP = April Fools Prank

ConkerKing 28th February 2007 07:51 PM

Oh..:)..sorry to bother you..

glitchman 28th February 2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyman
-groans-

AFP = April Fools Prank

he stressed o-O

anyway im one of the BEILIEVERS and not the MISSBELIEVERS all we got left is the silver and gold eggs 2'go

ConkerKing 28th February 2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

anyway im one of the BEILIEVERS and not the MISSBELIEVERS
Same here.I am a believer.Sorry if I come off sarcasticly.

ConkerKing 28th February 2007 08:12 PM

Also:What happened to CMB's post?I could have sworn..

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Same here.I am a believer.Sorry if I come off sarcasticly.

Can we just drop the whole subject?

If you don't believe in this, I don't give a rats ass anymore, just don't post in this topic. Saying stuff like "OmfG itzz fhayke APIRL FOOLDZ" is NOT contributing to this topic, and will only result in flame wars between the believers and nonbelievers. I do not want any flame wars, so lets forget this kirby farmer crap never happened and get on with the actual topic.

The original post was accidently deleted by me.

Gaming Master2k 28th February 2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirbyfanner
CBM your acting really dumb and retarded. As you said

Your covering up that this is the April Fools day joke. I found out the plan.

If this were REAL and IMPORTANT and TRUE than you would have Stickied this. ALSO CK tried that egg trick with me, and comparing yours and his i see NO DIFFERENCe. If you cover this up, continue lieng, and then say "April fools!" on April fools day, i wont laugh at myself, i'll laugh at you for being crappy this year.

CMB can't sticky Topics. That explains why he hasn't. I haven't stickied this topic because people were complaining about too many stickies however, this does deserve a (temporary) sticky place, and it is my fault it hasn't been done sooner. For this I appologise to Coolboyman.

Great job Coolboyman, excellent work on finding yet another egg. Well done.

Also, if you believe this is an April Fools Day prank (in February?!) then why bother posting here? You've said your opinion, now let this topic do what it was designed for and tell people of more discoveries.

Coolboyman 28th February 2007 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaming Master2k
CMB can't sticky Topics. That explains why he hasn't. I haven't stickied this topic because people were complaining about too many stickies however, this does deserve a (temporary) sticky place, and it is my fault it hasn't been done sooner. For this I appologise to Coolboyman.

Great job Coolboyman, excellent work on finding yet another egg. Well done.

Also, if you believe this is an April Fools Day prank (in February?!) then why bother posting here? You've said your opinion, now let this topic do what it was designed for and tell people of more discoveries.

Thank you.

glitchman 28th February 2007 08:25 PM

anyways moving on.. what else you got up your sleeve CBM?